I stayed at Disney's Old Key West for two weeks from the 18th June 2012 with my wife & two Daughters, 10 & 12. From the start we knew that this was going to be a bit special, we entered the resort via the checkpoint and uniformed guard said 'Welcome home'.
An easy check-in, our theme park tickets issued and map of the resort in hand we found our accommodation on the second floor.
We had opted for a one bedroom villa and we couldn't believe the size of it. A large king sized bed for us and a sofa bed for my Daughters in the living room. Both extremely comfortable.
The bathroom was split into two rooms, one with the toilet, wash basins and large shower, the other with a wash basin and a spa bath large enough for two.
The living area was bigger than mine at home and came furnished with a modern kitchen and utensils. A washing machine and tumble dryer were situated in a separate room between the living area and bathroom.
We had a balcony with table and chairs overlooking the on-site golf course. This had an overhead fan which made sitting out in the evening very pleasant. Air condition was effecient and much needed with the outside temperature in the high 90's.
If anything the pictures and videos that I had seen before did not do this villa justice. I was under the impression that the decor was a little tired and dated, when in fact it's very classy with the exterior painted in pastel colours. You really could be in Key West!
Maid service was effecient and all of the staff were very friendly and approachable. Free bus to Disney parks seemed to be frequent and ran late. We had booked an SUV and only used a bus once. For some reason the driver had put the air conditioning up full and it was freezing, when somebody asked for it to be turned off he refused.
There are four pools on the resort. We tried the main pool and he one closest to our room both of which had a hot spa. Both pools were very clean and the perfect temperature. Towels are provided.
We booked restaurants at two other Disney resorts and had a quick look around both. We found them to be very busy and we were glad we chose the right resort for us. Very laid back, perfect peace and quite. Just what you needed after a hectic day at the theme parks.
Incidentally we found the Disney Parks and attractions to be far superior than Universal. If we return I'll just buy their tickets. Fast pass free in Disney $75.00 each at Universal! Also every member of staff at Disney really seemed to enjoy making people happy. They certainly did with us.
If we were to go back to Orlando I would book Old Key West in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the romance of the Florida Keys at this tranquil community of Conch Flats-a sprawling island hamlet with shimmering waterways, swaying palm trees and manicured golf-course fairways. Delight in sun-soaked pools, casual dining and such amenities as fully equipped kitchens or kitchenettes. A peaceful tropical paradise, Disney's Old Key West Resort is also just a boat ride away from the excitement of the Downtown Disney area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., TravelUp, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Old Key West Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Old Key West Hotel Orlando
- Old Key West Resort
- Disneys Old Key West Hotel
- Disney Old Key West Resort
- Key West Disney
- Disneys Old Key West Resort
- Disney's Old Key West Resort Orlando, Florida