This is our second trip to Florida staying in Disney accommodation. First time around we stayed in Saratoga Springs, which we really enjoyed. This time we stayed in a 2 bedroom villa at Old Key West (which is very similar to Saratoga Springs but in my opinion slightly better). We requested a room near to the main pool/ reception, which we were given. We also requested rooms close to our friends, which they did for us. The accommodation was brilliant. The room was huge, with a balcony over looking the golf course (which my husband enjoyed most). The room was cleaned everyday with lovely fresh towels and supplies. The kitchen within the room was great we often had breakfast in the room before heading out for a busy day. The staff at Old Key West were very helpful, we had a lovely meal in Olivia’s, lots of snacks from the snack bar and many delicious frozen cocktails from the bar. The main pool was great too, the slide was great fun and the pool area was very clean. The baby pool was very basic and often full of sand from the playground, which was right next to it. However the children loved the pools and there were lots of lifeguards on duty so it felt very safe. Our children enjoyed joining in with the poolside entertainment during the days and they had great fun (we had children aged 3 up to 10 in our party). The pool was open until 11pm, which was great for late night swims after a hot day in the Disney parks. Our children also watched the movie one night by the pool, which was shown. The only down side was the drinks machine was always covered in wasps.
The location of the resort is great, its only a short boat ride to Downtown Disney and the regular buses to the park mean you never have to wait long until you are on an icy cold bus.
We had a great time at Old Key West and cant wait to return. We love all things Disney and the new magic band system is brilliant!!! We paid for a memory maker, which was excellent and would highly recommend it (my husband is a photographer so normally doesn’t appear on our holiday snaps however with memory maker he actually looks like he’s been away with us.) We booked a lot of a fast passes well in advance for the popular rides which worked out really well. Especially in the heat, we didn’t need to stand around queuing we just jumped to the front of the queues at our given time. We also booked the popular restaurants in advance as we had 14 in our party so being organised made it less stressful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the romance of the Florida Keys at this tranquil community of Conch Flats-a sprawling island hamlet with shimmering waterways, swaying palm trees and manicured golf-course fairways. Delight in sun-soaked pools, casual dining and such amenities as fully equipped kitchens or kitchenettes. A peaceful tropical paradise, Disney's Old Key West Resort is also just a boat ride away from the excitement of the Downtown Disney area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, TravelUp, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Old Key West Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Old Key West Hotel Orlando
- Old Key West Resort
- Disneys Old Key West Hotel
- Disney Old Key West Resort
- Key West Disney
- Disneys Old Key West Resort
- Disney's Old Key West Resort Orlando, Florida