“Great Views, Spacious and Relaxing”

Disney's Old Key West Resort
Ranked #72 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Views, Spacious and Relaxing”
Reviewed 18 August 2010

Stayed in 1BR villa overlooking main lagoon. Recently renovated w/ granite counters, new flooring + furnishings. Great views of water and boats ferrying passengers to Downtown Disney. Relaxed, quiet atmosphere. Cons: Housekeeping was not so good- counters were not clean when we entered unit, brand new pull out sofa bed was broken with many wood pieces scattered on floor. A/C unit worked intermittently and maintenance was unable to fix problem. We lived with it. This is not the norm for Disney properties, but worth mentioning. Overall, great resort w/pools, restaurants, walking trails, golf course, boat service and rec programs. Recommend.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Qwikblip

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (766)
North Carolina
Reviewed 16 August 2010

We stayed here a week on vacation the last week of July. The place was really nice, the kitchen and eating area was plenty big for all of us. The staff was very friendly and our room was cleaned and beds made every day.

Some of the details, things that you might not normally see, were overlooked. The most memorable was on the pull out sofa bed in the living room. When the cushions/mattress were removed, there was cheerios and stuff just left in the cushions. Seeing how I was the one staying on the couch, it was significant to me. Also, the first night we were there we had TERRIBLE noise from the people above. Security was called and the situation, was handled, kind of slowly, and temporarily. The noise was never as bad, but didn't completely stop. It doesn't change me recommending this place, I think that it was a case of being unlucky. It was a great place to stay, pools and everything were really nice. Disney does it right.

2 Thank GumpusMaximus0925
Fenwick, DE
Reviewed 14 August 2010

We have stayed at Old Key West Resort since 2002. We bought it as our home away from home sight unseen. We love the resort of all the others. However, the last 2 years have been somewhat less than previous years as far as units being as clean as we would expect from Disney. Condiments were not in the unit. And when we requested a certain location, it seems our request goes unheeded.
I hope the communication improves as we LOVE Old Key West and would not like to stay anywhere else.

Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KeysofSwan
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2010

I absolutely love Old Key West. We are DVC members and have stayed at the Boardwalk, Saratoga Springs, Vero Springs, and the Grand Floridian. They are all great in their own way but to me OKW has a great family atmosphere. This was the first DVC resort and I feel the rooms are better and bigger here than other DVC facilities, especially the one and two bedroom homes. The rooms and facilities are maintained really well and the staff are friendly as you would expect from Disney. I'm off again Dec '10 for a 22 day stay!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Rochester, NY
Reviewed 27 July 2010

Just returned from a wonderful stay at OKW. We were fortunate to get a renovated 2 bedroom. It was huge with plenty of space for everyone. The villa was clean and perfectly stocked. The buses came frequently and were easy to use. We loved having a full kitchen and laundry which saves tons of money. The beds were very comfortable. I would definitely return. My only wish is that Disney offered free wireless.

1 Thank skimama74
Louisville, KY
Reviewed 23 July 2010

Old Key West is a beautiful and quiet resort. We loved going back there and enjoy the rooms. Ours was a 2 bedroom with a terrific kitchen. I recommend it.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 22 July 2010

We were able to get early check in about 12pm. We had reserved the 2 bedroom Villa, that was newly renovated which we were very happy about. Nice flat screen TV's in every room. A large king size bed in the master bedroom, and two queen beds in the other bedroom. This Villa had plenty of space. The kitchen has plenty of pots, pans, plates, kitchen utensils .... everything you need to cook inside. The master bedroom has a glass shower and a whirl pool bathtub. The other room just had a shower and bath connected and 2 sinks, one in the bathroom and one outside the bathroom . If you are a DVC member you will get free wired Internet. I didn't like how you had to stay confined to one spot in the living room to use the Internet. Also had to have my credit card on file to use the Internet which was free because I'm a member. I wasn't ok with that, but at check out nothing out of the ordinary was charged to my account. We didn't get our renter car until the next day, I was told by the front desk Pizza delivers can't come to your Villa door, and that they have to meet you at the welcome center. The said they can send a bellman to get me. However the Pizza deliver did knock right on the door. Who knows? But that made my day. If you're going to the parks, the buses are convenient and they go to most parks and Downtown Disney. Lastly every night at 9:10pm you hear fireworks from the parks I guess, that scared me on the first night. I enjoyed my stay!