“Beautiful,Inspiring and joyful”

Basilica of the National Shrine of Mary, Queen of the Universe
Ranked #17 of 437 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Built by tourists, for tourists, this Roman Catholic Church was built in the 1980's to accommodate the 30+ million visitors to the Central Florida attractions yearly. The Basilica is not a regular parish church, but a tourist ministry that sits on 17 acres and offers a Rosary Garden, multiple Chapels, Museum, Pilgrimage Center, Gift Shop, bronze statues, oil paintings and art from the 16th century as well as amazing stained glass including a Rose window, Universe window, Rosary windows and The Magnificat windows.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Baby buggy parking, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 20 July 2014

It is a beautiful Marian Shrine placed right in the middle of the theme parks and attractions that provides an awesome opportunity to re-charge one's spirituality and emotional batteries.Wonderful experience in a most joyful place!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I try to visit Mary, Queen of the Universe Shrine every time I go to Orlando. The grounds are gorgeous and the Shrine itself is magnificent. To see Our Mother represented in so many different ways is thrilling. The gift shop is one of the best ever. I always find something unusual there for someone I love.

1  Thank Joan L
Reviewed 19 July 2014

You have to check out the fish pond between the church and the parking area, there were turtles and some other larger reptiles!
Oh yeah, the shrine is beautiful too!

1  Thank Yamalotz T
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Mary, Queen of the Universe Church / Shrine
8300 Vineland Ave
Orlando, FL 32821
Visited the Church today after lunch and spent just over an hour. The Church has an interesting and eclectic mix of art, mosaics; painting, sculptures and stained glass in the building and throughout there well landscaped and maintained grounds. You can see their website for ‘the details’ but I’ll say we enjoyed our visit and would recommend you stop in if you find yourself with an hour or so and would like to get away from the typical Orlando/Disney scene. It was not crowded, in fact we only saw a few other couples during our visit on Monday July 14, 2014. If you are so inclined, there is a large gift shop with about everything Catholic you might want or need. Prices for items in the gift shop were from a dollar to hundreds of dollars. Items are well marked and professionally displayed. If I get a chance, I'll post some pictures at another time.

1  Thank Richard E
Reviewed 10 July 2014

All I can say about this beautiful place will be very inadequate when compared to reality. I love this place and visit it every time I'm in Orlando. I find it peaceful and full of Grace. It centers me and offers me inner as well as outer peace and tranquility. Whether you're a believer or not, I highly recommend a visit to this Shrine to Mary, who truly is in my view, The Queen of The Universe.

1  Thank Frank d

Travellers who viewed Basilica of the National Shrine of Mary, Queen of the Universe also viewed

Orlando, Central Florida
Orlando, Central Florida

Been to Basilica of the National Shrine of Mary, Queen of the Universe? Share your experiences!