“Another great stay at the Enclave!”

The Enclave Hotel & Suites
Ranked #220 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Galway, Ireland
“Another great stay at the Enclave!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

Well where to start. Another wonderful stay at the Enclave Suites. Myself and four friends stayed in room 2805 which was a 2 bed terraced apartment and it was FABULOUS. Breathtaking view, clean and nicely decorated apartment and the staff were super friendly as usual. The hotel's taxi service was a great help to us and they were so reliable always. It was like having our own personal chauffeur, and very reasonable. Breakfast was delicious and kept us going until lunch time, especially through all our trekking through theme parks! I am going back in October, and my friend is going back in September because we have has such a wonderful time! See you soon Enclave!

Room Tip: Room 2805 2-Bed Terrace - fab!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank gladrags_11
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at The Enclave Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Thanks for taking the time to review our property. We are so happy to hear you had a great vacation and that you and your friends will be returning so soon for another great stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (851)
  • Finnish first
Bray
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

As usual my stay at the Enclave left me wishing I could stay longer or visit more often but unfortunately, living in Ireland, means I can only make it about once a year which is not nearly enough... Room as usual was immaculate and housekeeping were always busy keeping it that way, we had a slight problem with a leak from the air conditioning and the maintenance team were up within 5 minutes of our call. The location is perfect for shops, restaurants and bars while the free shuttle bus takes you to Universal, Islands of adventure, Sea World, Wet and Wild and Aquatica. There is also a shuttle to the Disney Parks at a small fee. The I-ride is just around the corner and will take you to the shopping Malls (I always spend way too much and have to buy a 2nd suitcase), if you want to go a little further afield then call Nixon or Julia who are the Taxi drivers for the hotel and are such lovely people...
The big draw for me besides all of the above, is the staff, they are all are so friendly and helpful and nothing is too much trouble. Melissa and her team, especially Vera, always go above and beyond to make our stay perfect, it is almost like home away from home as they welcome you and make you feel more like a friend than a guest, both of them work so hard to make this hotel special, they always have time to talk to you and make sure that you are happy with the hotel and are quick to sort out any problem you may have, many thanks Guys for making my stay so perfect as always and as Arnie says "I will be back" xx

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank CathyOB
Thank you so much for reviewing our property. We can't thank you enough for the wonderful comments, especially about our staff. We will be sure to pass them on. We will be looking forward to you coming back next year for another perfect stay.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

this is the second time we have stayed at this hotel and we defo stay there again the stuff are helpful especially the breakfast stuff a woman call bennett very funny woman made our holiday a very enjoyable one

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Belinda R
We're glad we were able to welcome you back! Thank you reviewing our property. Hope to see you again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

The hotel is brilliant, the rooms were apsulutely fantastic. The pizza hut out side is just brilliant at nights and in the morning you can have breakfast there with my favourite ashbrowns. We wanted some brouchers for the parks and they had them in the reception area, now that's excellent. We didn't want to spend alot of money at the theme parks like universal and Disney because there expensive but if you are going to spend a lot of time there, then get bring some money with you but any way, there's a corner shop what was so nice with millions of stuff to buy and there were very cheap and the staff hear are so nice. And the last thing is the pool, the best water pool ever with a jacuzzi what's very warm.

The staff: 10/10
The food: 10/10
The corner shop: 9/10
The hotel all together 99/100

Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Joseph H
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel and for the high scores. We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you can join us again soon for another brilliant holiday.
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

Stayed here for 2 weeks in the middle of July and have mixed reactions -

1) Can't deny that the location is excellent, with shuttles connecting to Disneyland, Seaworld, Universal and Aquatica, as well as the i-ride stops just a few minutes walk away. (also 10-15 minute walk to wet 'n' wild water park). Also, nearby to the hotel are many restaurants and take-out places (including an on-site pizza hut), as well as a few shops :)

2) Pool and pool area is very clean

3) The staff are very helpful and friendly

4) The room we stayed in, also very clean and was impressed with the inclusion of a dish washer, toaster and microwave - however, the room we had booked, although we only had 3 in our party, was supposed to sleep 6 - and I honestly don't see how more than 4 could have slept in the apartment. The sofa bed - was very small and although there was a spare mattress under one of the beds for the last person, where was it suppose to go? If you want a room for 6 people, be careful

5) The toilet flooded and one of the cupboard doors fell on me :/ the only annoyance about this was that although our room was clearly flooded, we had to wait for a manager to make a decision about moving us to another room. They did in the end move us and we received complimentary breakfast for the rest of our trip and a gift basket with food and wine. To be honest, I should think so!

6) The grab and go breakfast - is really not a breakfast. Seriously, upgrade to the proper $3.99 breakfast - you get a variety of choices, including toast, pancakes, eggs and waffles :D. all you get in the grab and go is a piece of fruit, a small cake and a small juice.

Overall, I would say an excellent holiday, but the hotel needs some major improvements

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank HannahS__1715
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at The Enclave Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
Thank you for your review. We’re glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. We appreciate your comments and have passed your feedback on to our management team. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again as we would love to have you back for another “excellent holiday.”
Edinburgh, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

My mum, my boyfriend and myself (aged 22+) stayed here from 22 July - 5 August.

First of all I want to thank Melissa and her team for making this the best holiday we have ever had. All of the staff went out their way to make sure we had the most enjoyable time. This is my second time staying here (time before was 2008), and again, I have no negative points to make about the hotel or the staff. However, after reading the mixed reviews I was a little apprehensive. I took other reviews tips and emailed Melissa asking her for a high floor with lake view room if it was possible. Mellssa and I exchanged a few emails and she said she would try her best.

When arriving at the hotel and to our room we were over the moon with what we had. We got an updated room, lake view on a higher level so our balcony was really big too. Not only this but Melissa had given us a goodies basket with purple skittles, reeses, coca cola, popcorn, etc. inside! (I had explained to her through email how excited I was for purple Skittles). I was very touched by this as it highlights just how much effort and detail the hotel goes into making you feel welcomed. The decor of the room was gorgeous and the view was phenomenal! We didn't have any problems with the hotel amenities - everything worked very well and we never saw any bugs/insects. One thing hat could be a little better is the sofa bed as my mum found it a little uncomfy after 2 weeks but I had the sofa bed when I was last here and I had no problems with it - so it's hit n miss (like all sofa beds!).

Both the outdoor pools were always clean and never overcrowded. Of course there were a lot of kids running and splashing around but that's exactly why you come to Orlando - it is not for relaxing! Saying that however, the second pool was a bit quieter

The entertainment available at the hotel seemed very good and it shows how much effort they make into creating your holiday special. These activities incuding things such as BBQs by the pool and cinema in the pool , there were more but I have forgotten sorry (unfortunately with all the parks I never got a chance to take advantage of what was offered but I had overheard good stuff about them).

The location of the hotel is perfect for families with or without a car. You are right next to International Drive and I would say it's the best spot of Int Drive too as you have the Fun Spot and very good restaurants and entertainment which is all 2/5 minutes walk away. The transport from the hotel is great for Universal/Seaworld (free and regular) but we couldn't use the transport for Disney as we wanted to stay later than pick up (around 7pm) to watch the firework displays. This was no bother for us as it was just two short and bus journeys away (either Iride or Lynx 8 to Seaworld then Lynx 50 to Disney) which costs $2 there and back.

Overall, the staff were always very pleasant as they always gave a smile, said hello or struck up conversation and it never felt forced. A couple times we needed staff sent up to the room (I smashed a glass once) and they came straight away and gave excellent service.

Thanks again to all the staff at Enclave Suites - we will most definitely be back in the near future!

p.s. we did have photos but our memory card sadly broke on holiday and we lost pictures from our first few days.

Room Tip: Email Melissa - definitely try get a room with lake view from around floor 4/5 upwards. We were floo...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Mary6390
Mairead N, Director of Sales at The Enclave Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review. I'm sure that our future guests will find it very helpful. We will be sure and share your positive comments with our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Paphos, Cyprus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

Where to start, I am a regular Trip Advisor reader so I always check places out on here before I book. My Mum booked us a two bedroomed suite in this hotel for us all to stay at in July 2012 and when I got home and checked the reviews, I did get a little worried but then you have to keep in mind that more people use the internet for complaining then complimenting.

We read that it was best to email the hotel manager Melissa to ask about refurbished rooms as most the rooms in the hotel are privately owned and vary in tastes/styles/state, which we did. We asked for a terrace suite which has a huge balcony rather then a smaller one, which you can pay extra to upgrade to, on a high up floor that was refurbished, Melissa was lovely through email and very helpful.
Three weeks before we flew from the UK my Mum had a heart attack and had to cancel her half but insisted me and my fiancé went ahead. Once again we emailed Melissa to tell her our circumstances changed, we also told her we were happy to have a smaller room as we now July is busy in Orlando and thought they might want to use the bigger ones elsewhere, again she was very helpful in the reply and wished my Mum well.

We arrived at the hotel on July 17th at about 5pm, expecting to have to queue to check in but was sorted in minutes by a very helpful lady. We were given room 2806 (the first number of your room indicates which building you are in, the second number indicates which floor you are on, the last two digits are room numbers) so we were in building 2, furthest from Idrive on the 8th floor.
The buildings are nice from the outside, corridors were clean and despite what a lot of people write on here, did not smell at all and the elevators were never out of service whilst we were there.
Upon entering the room we were pleasantly surprised, it was not modern and I could see why people would say its a little dated but everything worked as it should and I found it very homely.

We were given a terrace 2 bed suite (2 bedrooms, one double, one twin, living room with pull out sofa, kitchen and 2 bathrooms) which was amazing, fridge was great, dish washer, most powerful showers that I have ever encountered (which were always hot, water never ran out) huge balcony with 4 sun loungers and a table and chairs on, extremely comfortable beds, 3 TVs, some lovely plants that brightened the room up, amazing views, plenty of room and storage, I honestly couldn't fault it.

The maid service was every 3 days but you can request extra by putting a door hanger outside, maids were lovely.One day we were still in the room when they came and asked us if we wanted them to come back later but we told them we were leaving, they must have noticed the tip for them when they went inside because she ran out into the corridor to shout thanks as we were leaving.

Security patrol around the car parks and outside too, they always stopped to say hi when passing. Also buildings require your room key to access so you know its safe. Also just to add, the 2 weeks we were there, we had two key cards which never stopped working or had problems with.

Shuttle service was very useful although you do have to book your seats, there was a couple of days which I forgot to and had to get hotel taxi which are great, friendly, reliable and a
lot safer then using public taxis. (please note that if your from the UK or clearly a tourist, public taxis will almost definitely try to rip you off by taking you longer routes. Out of the 8 public taxis we got around Orlando, mostly from Disney, 6 of them tried to rip us off. They presume that you don't know the area and try to take you longer ways. If you do need to use them, make it clear where you want to go and if need be, tell them which way to go.)

The breakfast and Pizza Hut were ok, we only got the free breakfasts which are juice, fruit and eaither a cereal bar or a piece of cake, great to snack on but we love Ponderosa which is near by. We ordered pizza once from the hotels Pizza Hut but wasn't that keen on it, but I am very picky about pizza.

The pools were great, lovely and clean with lots of sun loungers, tables, chairs and towels for people to use. There are two outdoor and one indoor, each with a jacuzzi and kiddies pool. We went to the hotel BBQ by the pool on a Saturday afternoon and loved it, they had staff BBQing with music on and even gave us some free cocktail drinks which were delicious, and the BBQ food was lovely.

The shop inside the hotel is small and only stocks basics and is a little more expensive then the supermarkets nearby but handy if you need it.

Car parks are huge and never full with security patrolling on a night.

Free wifi was great, we were in the furthest building on one of the top floors but still got fast wifi.

Rooms had a decent sized safe in which was a dollar a day to use, well worth it for that extra security.

Hotel also has a games room, small kids park, kids club, gym and tennis courts but we never used them.

I cant think of anything else to say except, if your dubious about staying, give it a go, for the price, it is amazing. If you want 5 star service with modern décor and brand new furnishings, then your price tag may double, but if you want good friendly staff, a great clean room with everything you need, then stay here. I wont be staying anywhere else from now on. I never got to meet Melissa in person to thank her, but with many more visits to come, I'll look forward to next time.

I will also be posting a short video clip of our wonderful room on YouTube for anyone who would like to see more of the room. Search 2 bedroom terrace enclave suites orlando to see.

Lauren

Room Tip: Terrace suites excellent for big balconies
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Lauren M
We truly appreciate your detailed account of your experience at our resort, including the photos posted of your two-bedroom suite. We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed our amenities and services, and we look forward to having you back again soon! Hopefully your Mum can make the next trip.