We arrived around 6pm and we were initially put into a 2 bed suite in Tower 3. We were disappointed with the room, it was shabby and in need of updating, however being the type to make the best of it and would not have said anything. However on pulling out sofa bed for my teenage daughter I was horrified to see the mattress was literally in bits, with springs visible and hardly any stuffing. Worse still when we had forgotten the room key and were knocking the door to wake my mum, we realised that despite the electronic key entry, the door could easily be opened with minimal force. We therefore decided enough was enough and we visited reception to ask to be moved.
As the hotel was full we could not move till the following day and were moved to a room in tower 1, which although not perfect was better and the doors locked properly. However this hotel is basically shabby and in urgent need of renovation. It looks fine from exterior but inside it's another story.
The staff save this place from bring a disaster and I hope management appreciate this. We found everyone to be friendly and helpful and, when problems were reported, they sorted them. However, with the amount of money we spent coming here, I wouldn't expect to be coming up against problems such as wardrobe doors falling off, leaking patio doors and windows and electrical faults. We spoke to 4 or 5 other families who had similar issues and changed rooms. If you are not happy with any aspect you should make sure you let them know.
On the plus side, we enjoyed the breakfast - Enrique is a lovely guy, and the location of the hotel is great. 5 mins drive up Universal boulevard to Universal, and Wet and Wild is walkable. I drive has loads going on, although I found it a bit seedy on Saturday nights with lots of youths cruising and hanging about.
Shopping- hotel 5 mins from Outlet Mall, 10 mins from both Florida Mall and Mall at Milenia. There's a publix supermarket at the foot of Universal Boulevard and a Wallmart opposite the Florida Mall.
We enjoyed our holiday but I would hesitate in recommending this hotel to others, but I do wish to thank the staff for their hard work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious two bedroom/two bath suites and deluxe studio suites with fully equipped kitchenettes and private balconies. Located just off famous International Drive and 5 minutes to Universal Orlando. Two outdoor pools plus an indoor heated pool & spa. Free continental breakfast and shuttle to Universal and Sea World, small fee for Disney Shuttle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Enclave Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Enclave Hotel Orlando
- The Enclave Hotel And Suites
- The Enclave Hotel & Suites Orlando, Florida