Myself and family stayed at The Enclave hotel for a 2 week vacation/holiday.
The location is good for visiting wet n wild which can be walked in 10mins, it's right nearby international drive and if you get the free shuttle to universal ( prebook day prior) that was only a 10 minute journey away.
Getting to Disney required a bit of time getting to Seaworld by i ride or the Lynx 8 the from Seaworld a Lynx 50 to the Disney ticket and transportation ( takes about 1 hour traveling get there ) it was twice as fast with hotel shuttle but obviously costs more average $10 Lynx vs $51 ( based on 2 adults n 2 kids, one child is 5 so Lynx and I-Ride didn't charge for him)
Travel from Disney transportation then would take you to various parks free..
We preferred using the Lynx 8 and 50 with the transfer ask when get on the Lynx drivers was very helpful.
Anyhow back to hotel itself the staff where very friendly and helpful ( not to much at room maintenance though ) and cleaners would replace towels and tidy up bits around the room such as kids beds etc:
There are 3 pools a indoor one quite small and two outdoor which was small for amount of people that the hotel could hold yet it was busy yet never overcrowded, there always was a few sun loungers or chairs and room about the pool so they was good enough and tended to have a fee inflatable toys and swimming rings littered about for keeping the kids happy :).
They had a little shop which was all right yet didn't visit there much, a Pizza Hut which had a very musty/damp smell yet food seemed okay on the odd occasion that we visited.
The studio room we had was dated and needed a refurbishing, sockets and switches had yellowed with age, TV's was the very old big back type, shower was a struggle to turn on it had a pull out type design to start it but it was very stiff and my wife couldn't start it.. The wall where you pulled it would flex with how hard it was to start.
The single beds that kids stayed in was fine yet the double size was need of replacing really really soft I'm not one to complain about beds but i found it uncomfortable so i even slept on the two seater suite / couch at times so i could sleep better :-|
We did report the lights not working at all in the bedroom once but rather than fixing two bedside wall lights and the one lamp they just changed the bulb in the lamp !? Also the air con worked fine but was like a roadside generator with noise it made.
We also had the continental breakfast included with our booking but all there was is a choice of coffee, toast which did yourself and mini cakes or mini donuts ? ( weren't Virgin holiday breakfast they went elsewhere.
We was really disappointed in breakfast supplied so never wasted out time going there to much preferring going a nearby Denny's diner instead :)
Staff and facilities at the hotel just edged me into giving it a three rating it's doubtful I'd visit The Enclave again though :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious two bedroom/two bath suites and deluxe studio suites with fully equipped kitchenettes and private balconies. Located just off famous International Drive and 5 minutes to Universal Orlando. Two outdoor pools plus an indoor heated pool & spa. Free continental breakfast and shuttle to Universal and Sea World, small fee for Disney Shuttle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Enclave Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Enclave Hotel Orlando
- The Enclave Hotel And Suites
- The Enclave Hotel & Suites Orlando, Florida