“Fantastic Hotel and Great Service”

Ranked #25 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Hotel and Great Service”
Reviewed 22 May 2011

I have just stayed at this hotel for the first time and will definitely go back. Due to a mistake from my tour company the hotel had no details of my booking when I arrived but what could have ruined my visit was dealt with very professionally. They dealt with the tour company for us and sorted out moving us to the lakeview room we had booked the following day. The hotel and grounds are beautiful and the staff are very helpful and friendly. If you can book a lakeview room, the opportunity to see the Disney fireworks shouldn't be missed

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Min070
HeeBee4, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this review, 24 May 2011
Thank you for staying here at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress and taking your time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear that our staff was able to clarify your reservations and make the check in process as smooth as possible. Please note that only some lake view rooms can see the fireworks as well as most pool view rooms. Please recommend us to your family and friends.

Steven.Ballot@Hyatt.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (960)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2011

have stayed at this hotel 5 years in a row with my family and friends and have just booked flights to go back in august. this hotel was stunning before the refurb and is even better now. the service/ cleanliness/ amenities are simply superb the pool areas are also stunning. my only complaint is the WiFi charge per day which i think should be included in the resort tax, when you see budget hotels advertising free WiFi it just makes the Hyatt look a bit greedy and money grabbing and i really think they should rethink this as i feel they are shooting themselves in the foot. anyway that is my only complaint for which otherwise is probably one of the best hotels in orlando. did hear a rumour from a staff member on our last visit they were thinking about installing a lazy river dont know how true this is but this would simply be the icing on the cake.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
HeeBee4, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this review, 22 May 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and being a loyal guest of the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. We appreciate you staying with us and also having your family and friends stay with us as well. Just a note that wifi and hard wired internet is included when a guest is paying the regular resort fee. We look forward to your visit August 2011.

Greenock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2011

My wife and I recently stayed at this hotel and we would like to commend the following people to your attention, for their help.

Cascade Resteraunt
my wife is in a wheelchair and the help that we received from Betty who worked at the Pancake counter and the three girls who worked the desk was over and above what I would have expected, I would also commend the various waiting staff who attended to our needs again excellent work.

The Lady who cleaned our room 806 was extremely good at her job and again I would recommend her to you. all the other staff members of the hotel were friendly and helpful we have only two complaints which slightly spoiled part of our stay one was the elevators we were sometime unable to get into the elevators quickly enough with the wheelchair because of being unable to see which elevator had actualy stopped and when we did try for it the doors closed sometimes on the chair and I had to pull my wife back out as the doors never opened again. the second part which raised concerns was entering and leaving our room I was unable to tie back the door to allow me to wheel my wife into the room as she was unable to wheel herself I had to open the door then hold it at arms length then pull my wife far enough into the door frame to allow me to push her,a small wedge or tieback should be standard in a disabled room to avoid any problems.

Dont buy any park tickets until you have checked out the hotel the faclities were excellent well worth the $20 resort fee, it cost you $15 to park your car at the parks and nothing at the hotel so stay and save you wont get better for a relaxing holiday

We would have no hesitation in coming back to the Grand Cyprus or telling our friends and colleagues just how good it is.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MasterMasonldk68
We appreciate you staying with us and noting that the staff did an exceptional job. Thank you for letting us know your concerns and that you will let your family and friends know that you will be returning to the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress.

Florida
Reviewed 19 May 2011

My boyfriend and I went here for 2 nights/3 days to celebrate his 'birthday weekend' in February. We never left the hotel once we parked the car because we just didn't want to! Great restaurants, great pool area, a pitch and putt golf course, hiking trails, bikes...everything we could want and more. This hotel is perfect if you are interested in having a romantic 'adult' vacation in Orlando. Staff was excellent, great poolside service, rooms were nice and comfy. Will definitely stay here again as we live in Florida and travel out to Orlando often for weekend getaways.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 22Lovetotravel22
HeeBee4, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this review, 20 May 2011
Thank you for staying at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress and taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate you letting the Trip Advisor readers know that our resort offers excellent restaurants and outdoor activities. No need to go anywhere else ! We hope that you return soon and recommend us to your family and friends.

Sacramento,Ca
Reviewed 17 May 2011

This used to be our FAVORITE Hyatt but the remodel left a lot to be desired. Namely, no nightstand between the beds to hold a remote control!, a shower that had transparent and tiny sun and snowflake icons for hot and cold that you could not see even if you don't wear glasses and vertical pipes AWFUL, a tiny bathtub difficult to get in/out of, a clock that you could not see, etc. However, the parrot (Merlot) was cute, a beautiful lobby and champagne greeting were great. Parking staff was excellent,bell service GREAT and timely, and the staff took care of a couple requests we had fast and efficiently. Food has deteriorated in the small Regency club. The decor is such a radical change from what was there before-- used to be a bed and breakfast comforting decor. Now "ultra"modern cold, icy, and harsh. Overall, a GREAT place to stay however, too bad they missed a lot of details when they did the remodel. Manager ignored our comments...just acknowledge.

Room Tip: Ask in advance
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Nick S
Blakeslee, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 May 2011

I stayed 6 days at this resort and must say it is pretty top notch. Being used to New York hotels I am shocked when I see all the staff from the bell service to securities guards being friendly. The in room dining is very good I must say. If you ask for something special like extra hot sauce they will bring you that extra hot sauce.

The pool is gorgeous, and I loved the water slide as well.

The free shuttles are pretty decent but we found going to universal from 9am to 6PM was just a bit too long for us, took a taxi home instead.

Tips:
We ordered take out to be delivered from a local establishment. They wouldn't let the people in to the resort. We had to take a shuttle to the front gate, by then my phone was exploding with calls from the delivery man.

Don't take the town car they provide, it will cost you an arm and a leg. I called the yellow cab company and scheduled a pick up. Also, beware when they take you to universal it should be around $22 but the drivers take you the long way which ends up being $36...

Room Tip: Request for a high floor
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank brianandgarcia
Thank you for staying with us and noting that our staff was top notch. We strive to make every guest experience a memorable one. Our pools and water slides are just a couple things that keep our guests returning year after year. We look forward to your return visit as well.

New Canaan, Connecticut
Reviewed 17 May 2011

We stayed at the Hyatt Grand Cypress this past spring break. It is a beautiful, beautifully fun facility. Staff were universally friendly and professional. Rooms were modern, clean and beautiful. Beds dreamy (all of us slept well). Pool is fantastic with waterfall. Walking around the lovely grounds in the evening my older children (7, 9) told me this was their favorite hotel "ever".

So the quibbles? No baby pool, no zero entry pool and a pool deck/ landscaping that were a nightmare for a stroller (so many steps up and down we stopped bringing it to the pool). Also, the balconies are not deep enough to fit a chair so forget it if you have thoughts of a quiet glass of wine on the balcony after the kids are asleep. We also have an infant and a three year-old, so this meant we ended up spending less time at the resort than we would otherwise have if the pool were more toddler friendly. Bottom line this is a great choice if your kids are older (7 and up).

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family