On the plus side, the hotel itself was nice. Nice rooms, big pool. On the downside their were things I found misleading on their site and if you are thinking of going to the theme parks you have to be careful about transportation (and I would not stay here again if going to the parks).
Things I found misleading:
1. They claim 2 waterslides. There are 2, but one is about 15 feet long and not appropriate for anyone over 4 or 5; so there is really only one. And it's Ok but there are many individual water slides that are better.
2. They claim transportation to the parks but:
* they only run two shuttles over in the morning; and neither get you there when the parks open (the earliest is 8:50 and when we left today at 9am by cab it had not yet showed)
* there are no transports during the core of the day
* there are 3 that return to the hotel, but none before 6pm
Therefore, if you want any movement you have to take cabs or have a car.
On the cab side, they offer flat rate cabs from the hotel. This cab charged $27 to take us to the transportation center. I got a cab back and the meter rate was $21; or 30% less. We were also quoted $61 to go to the airport. I called a meter cab company and got there for $45.
My other problem is when I wanted someone to talk to about the transportation I went to the concierge, and found they were expedia employees who told me they could not help me.
Bottom line for me: I've had my Hyatt Gold Card for 20 years and in the past have relied on Hyatt but I feel they dropped the ball this time. I felt that despite it being a nice hotel (nice pool, lake, etc) they were not really concerned about someone trying to get to/from the parks at a reasonable price and with any degree of comfort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover one of Orlando's most inviting escapes, Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. The outstanding array of resort amenities filling our resort creates an amazing retreat for families and business travelers, alike. Play golf and tennis, swim, sail, or treat yourself to a massage. Savor a meal prepared by our renowned chefs – cuisine ranges from authentic southwestern fare to fresh sushi and a sumptuous American buffet breakfast daily. Our family-friendly resort offers an ideal location adjacent to Disney World – kids of all ages will love exploring area attractions. When it comes time to relax, return to our resort, where you always find legendary Hyatt service and smiling staff waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Hotelopia, Agoda, Hyatt Hotels Corporation and Destinology so you can book your Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Grand Cypress
- Grand Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Orlando, Florida