“A great six day stay”

Ranked #32 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We had a great stay at The Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress to celebtare my wifes birthday. We received top guest service even before we arrived.

The room was beautifully decorated and furnished with wonderful views across the pool and lake towards Walt Disney World. This must be one of the very few loacations where you can see fireworks at three Disney Parks at the same time!

The refurbishment now appears almost complete and is contained to just two small areas of the complex and this work did not distract from our enjoyment at all. We will not hesitate to vist the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress again.

Paul and Janice Gale

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
HeeBee4, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2012

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our resort hotel. So glad you and your wife enjoyed her birthday at our property and that you truly had a wonderful time. We hope you will return again in the near future to celebrate another milestone, whether it is your birthday or even your wedding anniversary !

Steven M Ballot
Guest Relations
Steven.Ballot@Hyatt.com

Reviewed 15 September 2012

Ok so I booked this resort because online the resort looked gorgeous, it was right outside Disney, and gorgeous huge pool, which if you weren't staying in Disney not many hotels offer. When we booked NOTHING on the website did it say under construction! I work in NYC and was looking for a relaxing vacation!. However, we get there as soon as we checked in had a few questions and the lady checking us in, had horrible customer service and didn't need her attitude. Next morning got woken up at 9 am due to construction, we lay by the pool, and all you hear is banging due to construction. Half the pool is closed, oh let's not forget tou can't use the boats bc there's baby alligators in the lake! Why would I pay for all these resort fees? When all I had was aggravation?! The bar by the pool, drinks are over priced lets not forget the bartender had no personality and stuck up. It was lots of walking, coming up from the pool, the stairs are too much. All in all, place looks beautiful but not being informed of all this, and or at least waiving the fees as the right thing to do without having to argue about it. On my third day I called to complain and all they offered me was 50 dollors off my bill? Really so all this your giving me like 5 dollors a day off, not good enough, the last day when we checked out, I was disgusted, so my final bill that was suppose to be over 200 got it down to 43. Overall I will never stay at a Hyatt again, pictures are deceiving, and did my research for weeks and read many reviews, however it was all a mess!.

• Stayed: September 2012
5  Thank Jbabi0912
HotelManagerHRGC, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Dear jbabi0912,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I am sorry that you missed the notation on our website regarding the "refreshening" of our property that is currently happening. While we try to minimize any disruption to our guests' stay, there may be times when noise can be a factor. At this time, only our small 50,000 gallon pool is closed while our 800,000 gallon lagoon pool remains open for the enjoyment of our visitors. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Regards,
Larry McCloskey
Hotel Manager
407-239-1234

Reviewed 14 September 2012

Hotel is nice (design, landscaping)
We arrive late night and obly for one day (business trip). We ask for nice view, that at least we can enjoy the Orlando visually (we were very busy with conference that day). We were put to the room where we cannot open the balcony because of construction (re-building something).
Nobody even mentioned that hotel is under construction at the moment (not fare, if I will know I will reserve something else)
No service lady after the first day, on a second day we left the hotel (because we had flight back). I cannot commence on cleaning because for some reson we didn't have one)
Maybe it's new rule - GREEN SERVICE (no cleaning), I wasnt' upset, because we were anyways just sleeping at the hotel.
If you business tripper - not bad, silence, great design
If you are family for vacation I will go somewhere else.
The price was acceptable because of package deal I found on Expedia.ca

Price for coffee, yogurt and croassant at the lobby - $20 (we didn't had a chance to get coffee somewhere else, running late in a morning, get coffee in a hotel)

Hotel has restaurant, but we didn't have a chance to join (came early morning - it was closed, came back after the day too late - it was closed again:)

Room Tip: we asked for nice view - get the room with lake view! Great view
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Anta_Toronto
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We are a family of 5 with three children aged 18-23. Because we didn't have a full week I decided to book a hotel with a great pool, since both the JW Marriott and the Hyatt Regency were highly rated I booked 2 nights at the Marriott and 3 at the Hyatt. I am a silver member at the Marriott. While the J W Marriott is lovely and the lazy river beautiful, my kids were bored of the pool after 2 days -with no deep area, you just circled the river over and over. The pool at the Hyatt was fantastic, we loved the size and slides. The breakfast at the Marriott (included) was nicer than the Hyatt and sitting on the breakfast patio was wonderful. However the Hyatt's (also included) was excellent. The rooms at the Hyatt were newly refurbished and were so much nicer and brighter than the Marriotts. Although the Hyatt has a resort fee, the price seemed small in relation to the number of recreational activities they offered. Everything at the Marriott was an additional fee. The Marriott is not really close to anything while the Hyatt is very close to Disney. The lobby of both hotels are beautiful. Overall the Hyatt was our hands down favorite. The JW is classier but if travelling on a family vacation the Hyatt is an all round winner.

Room Tip: Get an AAA card if you don't have one, the discount is terrific. I joined the Hyatt points club...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank 1000placestogo
Reviewed 10 September 2012

It was recommended that we stay at the Hilton Orlando on destination parkway however is was sold out during the time we were travelling. We decided to go with the Grand Cypress and I can honestly say that I don't want to stay anywhere else in Orlando!!! The resort fee is a bit steep at $22/day but made up for it with the amount of activities you can partake in. Renting the bikes and riding route "C" was awesome, it was one of the hightlights for the kids. Location of the hotel is so central to both Disney and Universal Parks. Lots of great places to eat - must do Sweet Tomatoes and Flippers Pizzeria (in the pirates cove minigolf plaza). The breakfast buffet at the hotel cost 2 adults and 2 kids $80 with tip.....needless to say we only ate there once. Hotel is clean, staff were very accomodating and friendly. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Wendy B
HeeBee4, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

We appreciate your positive comments and letting the Trip Advisor readers know that you had a great time and can't wait to come back again. Our resort fee, when compared to other resort properties, offers a greater value as we have many more available activities and the acreage to use them. Thank you for your review and glad to know you truly enjoyed all we have to offer. Please recommend us to your family and friends.

Steven M Ballot
Guest Relations
Steven.Ballot@Hyatt.com

Reviewed 10 September 2012

We stayed at this property for 2 nights because I had 2 award nights coming. Otherwise, I would have not paid the 200/night this property commands. Overall, the property is very nice with a lot to do. The pool was nice and the waterfalls are cool to look at but it is loud because of the waterfalls. Par 2 golf course was nice and they have bike & boat rentals. We had a room on the 7th floor that we could see the fireworks from. However, be aware: At the pool, the drink menu says 12 each.. Ok, I can pay that. We got the bill and it was $36 for 2 drinks! There was an extra $12 added in there for gratuity, tax, pool service charge (we got the drinks at the bar) & some other charge. I think the all of the extra charges are ridiculous. Oh, and if you want to go to a grocery store, don't go to the 2 nearest there (both in strip malls on opposite sides of main intersection) are very expensive and seedy. Ok for an emergency but save yourself some hassle and google Publix. There are 2 within a few miles of the hyatt.
Pros- nicely landscaped, secure parking, friendly staff, lots to do, close to disney
Cons- 20 per person, per night resort fee (that you pay when you get there), 12-20 parking fee per night, expensive food and drinks (which is to be expected at a resort)+ added 18% gratuity, tax and pool service fee (what does that mean?)

Room Tip: Ask for a fireworks view if that interests you.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank AllisonA0523
Reviewed 9 September 2012

The Hotel is under construction, leaving 2/3 of the pool area unusable; and the rest you just lay there and hear jack hammers. The hotel charged the full resort fee with the excuse that there was still the one part of the pool...... just horrible customer service.
If you MUST stay here, do NOT get a room with adjoining door (unless you have both rooms)... they made it so any movement in the rooms rattles the doors.. and if there are guests than come in and out... well, you are up until they go to bed.
And last, no light in the hallway as you enter the room, and the closet doors are also the bathroom doors, so no locks, no sound control. Also horrible. There are many beautiful better built and better service hotels in Orlando.

Room Tip: Do NOT get a room with ajoining door unless you want to hear everything in the room you adjoin, and...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Cartlady
HotelManagerHRGC, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

Thank you for your comments. I would like to clarify that while we are enhancing our pool area with a new "Recreational Island," currently only the small 50,000 gallon pool is closed. Our spectacular 800,000 lagoon pool is still open and being enjoyed daily by our guests.

Regards,