US$132
US$288
US$228
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$154
US$213
US$176
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$154
Agoda.com
US$100
US$94
Rosen Centre Hotel(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$373
US$281
US$346
US$255
  • Restaurant
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$185
Travelocity
US$720
US$516
Travelocity
5,981 results
All reviewsresort feepitch and puttpaddle boatsrock climbing wallself parkingheated poolbeautiful hoteldisney fireworksper daysliding doorfire pittennis courtsdisney worldnear disneyorlando areagreat poolfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 December 2012 via mobile

Great hotel for a romantic getaway. The property is like a mini resort. The downside is there were lots of kids running around but I guess that is to be expected with all properties near Disney. The pools were very nice and we were able to find a quiet area in the adults only side.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank dput
HeeBee4, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2012

So nice to know you enjoyed a nice romantic getaway here at the Hyatt. Our property is a 1500+ acre resort and not "mini" by any stretch! Your visit in the summer is always a busy time as many families enjoy our pool area, whether it be by taking a break from the theme parks or just coming here as their only vacation destination. We hope you will return next summer and see the transformation that is now (Dec 2012) under way.This includes new bar and grill, new water slide and new rock wall. We will also have pop up water heads in the pool deck as well. We are excited and looking forward to a successful 2013 season.

Steven M Ballot
Guest Relations
Steven.Ballot@Hyatt.com

Reviewed 8 December 2012

Based on some of the reviews, I was a bit apprehensive about my stay but it turned out to be a good experience with a few negatives due to construction. This is a large hotel that caters to the conference crowd as well as family tourists . Self parking is $12 a day and a bit of a hike to the hotel but not too bad if you cut through the conference area. While there appears to be ample parking, those conventions can fill the lot up pretty quickly but I always managed to find a spot. Reception was helpful and friendly and I'd asked for a quiet, high floor room which I received. Ended up in a lovely corner room that had been renovated, was sleek and comfortable with 2 balconies . I think they hadn't done a good job on the air/heat system as the bathroom vent was very noisy. At night I needed to shut the bathroom door to block out the sound . I informed the front desk and they said maintenance would check it out. Was ok for several hours and then the noise started again. Luckily, I could still sleep undisturbed and was out most of the day - otherwise it would have driven me nuts! I enjoyed the fridge in the room so i could stock up on cold drinks. Pool area is under some heavy construction - jack hammers, dirt movers and it really wasn't too peaceful or relaxing . Saying that, it didn't spoil my one day by the pool as the noise was intermittent. Paddle boats are available on the lake and there are lots of very nice biking/jogging trails. $22 a day resort fee plus the $12 a day parking adds to the checkout bill. I did not eat at any of the restaurants so can't comment on the food or service .
Basically, apart from the pool construction , the hotel is lovely. The renovated rooms are great. Just make sure you ask for a quiet, renovated room on check-in. - perhaps all rooms have been redone by now but worth asking to make sure. I recall some concerns about the tv channels but there was a good selection of the usual cable channels during my stay. Hotel is in an excellent location too, just a short drive from the Disney village ,close to the Crossroads shopping center and a few mins from I4 with easy access to the parks and airport. I'd definitely stay here again but if you are coming with the kids for some pool time - you may want to check out some other options until the renovations are completed.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank spotdog
Reviewed 7 December 2012

This resort is on multiple acres with a golf course. It has beautiful landscaping and many restaurants to choose from, shopping, pools, spa, etc. The rooms were nice the staff very pleasant. Welcome champagne on arrival. Parking is valet or self parking. As usual expect a bit of a walk for self parking. The reason I didn't rate this excellent is that they were doing extensive renovations, we booked through price line and weren't aware of this. We couldn't use the balcony from our room or the huge resort style pool. If I had paid full price I would have been very unhappy. We were only there for one night. We could see the fireworks, both Magic Kingdom and Epcot, from the hallway . There are only a couple of shuttles a day to take you to Disney and they are in the morning, so if you are going to Disney, plan alternate transportation.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank lgatz
Reviewed 6 December 2012

"The Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress is excited to announce the completion of our $45 million dollar renovation."

The above quote is exactly what was quoted on my reservation...How exciting!...unfortunately this was not the case...

My lengthy hotel search landed on this one because of the promise of 2 waterslides, a childrens pool and 4 spas. I have a 3, 7 and 10 year old and this was our first visit to Orlando. When we checked in, the staff informed us that they had only one pool open. No waterslides, no children's pool. The only pool they had open was their "heated" pool which was in fact not heated. Half of this pool was closed down due to waterslides being (very noisily) constructed. There were construction vehicles driving on the sidewalks which made it very dirty and muddy.
The resort fee was still $24/day regardless of the construction.
Will never stay here again and will question staying at any hyatt's in the future due to the misinformation I was fed upon reserving my room.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed 6 December 2012

This is an old, dated hotel. The front desk service was good. The restaurants are overpriced but serve passable food. Pool is nice but very cold and mostly under construction. Like most of Orlando there is no personal touch or feel here. Bathrooms are old and dated, no baths in single bed rooms, only in double bed rooms (same for the hilton we stayed at in Orlando).

Overall the stay was passable, but nothing about this compares to other Hyatts in similar price ranges.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank bgagnon
HotelManagerHRGC, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2012

Thank you for the comments regarding your recent stay. we are just wrapping up the lagoon pool renovation and our new water recreational area will ready to go by late February. i was surprised that you stated that the bathrooms were old and dated. all guestrooms were totally redesigned and brand new in 2010. New rain shower enclosures were added to all King rooms while new European-styled tubs and wing doors were placed in the double/double rooms. Hopefully, you will return again after March to experience us again.

Regards,