Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
5,976 results
All reviewsresort feepitch and puttpaddle boatsrock climbing wallself parkingheated poolbeautiful hoteldisney fireworksper daysliding doorfire pittennis courtsdisney worldnear disneyorlando areagreat poolfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 December 2012

What a wonderful time we had in this Hyatt.
After allocating us the wrong room we were moved with no bother to a quiet room with a sofa bed for our daughter with use of the Executive Lounge where we enjoyed breakfast each morning. The lounge was on the small side but was being extended as we completed our stay.
The facilities are awesome - the lake, the pools, bike hire, golf, climbing wall etc etc. Of course the weather helps but nothing could detract from the quality of the staff, facilities and restaurants.
Only downside is the charge to park your car - you don't have a choice but to use the car park.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark H
Reviewed 18 December 2012

I wish we were here in Summer 2013, so we could enjoy the great grounds with pools around the hotel. Currently these are being renovated. The reception staff was great, fully in line with the atmosphere of the hotel. Minor downside was a waitress and extremely cold airco in the restaurant, so we left soon after finishing our meal.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravelTulip2
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Ok first off you need to know I loved this hotel and came to it yearly for the past several years and even brought business associates to it to stay.. it is not a good place to go now
They are doing construction of the pool area so 80% of it is under construction. Good tip go on the shuttle to the Villas for a little quiet and a pool. Interestingly no one acknowledged this and they charge the full resort fee add on. I was in the Greenville Hyatt last week and they had some construction. The staff there was apologetic and they even offered a compensation by providing a free appetizer. Here nothing.... Ok if you want breakfast you can get a bike or have a van and go to the golf club. It is less expensive than the hotel by quite a bit. Be warned they put a service charge on the bill. In this case it was too much because the service was poor with the staff talking with each other rather than serving the guests. Finally what really ticked me off is that I ran into some one who said he got a free breakfast with his triple A membership. Sure i had triple A but the thing is I asked about using it and they said no!!! So hopefully they get their act together about who deserves a free breakfast!! Be aware 12 dollar parking fee Rooms are great The staff has generally been excellent in the past but I think they were bored because of lack of customers. So be careful If you want a five star hotel there are others in the vicinity that I bet will not disappoint. I will write about at least one next year.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of Disney on a high floor so you can watch the fireworks Be sure to get the triple a rate with breakfast and do not take no Finally they had a stay 3 get one free night (I found out about that later too)
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Jwb04
Reviewed 13 December 2012

We have stayed at the Hyatt Grand Cypress near Disney several times and have always been impressed with the property despite the fact that it seems to be in endless remodeling for the last 3 years or so. This was the 1st time I booked it via a priceline "name your own price" bid. We were met at check-in with hefty mandatory $22 + tax Resort Fees and $12 + Tax Parking Fees that we have never seen in prior visits. When pushed for an explanation a front desk clerk said it is because of the way priceline prices the property; a dishonest answer as priceline only charges what the hotel agrees to sell for. The resort fee was particularly amusing as the main pool was drained for renovation despite pool services being a reason for the fee, along with Wi-Fi which I did not want or need in the age of smart phones; and best yet "Free" local calls. We were so disgusted that I will never bid for a resort around Disney again for fear of getting taken for a ride at the Hyatt Grand Cypress. We were additionally punished for our audacity to book via priceline with double beds (when we asked for a King) and a nice parking lot view. The Hyatt is more accommodating if you book through them directly.

Room Tip: Do not book via priceline name your own price if you want a good room...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rebucfan
Reviewed 13 December 2012

My husband and I went to Orlando for work and play. He was there for a Health conference and I tagged along for a mini vacation. We used the Mears shuttle offered at the airport to take us to our Hotel at a reasonable price. Once we arrived we were handed a complimentary glass of Champagne upon check-in. When we walked in our room, it was clean and modern. Though the balcony was hardly big enough to step onto and it overlooked the parking lot. Once we got unpacked, we toured the property. There are so many amenities available at the hotel. Golf, running trails, Gym, tennis and basketball courts are available for guests to use. We kayaked and laid by the lake. Though, there was construction, it never bothered us.

The complimentary shuttles to Disney and Universal parks were convenient and worth using to avoid parking or taxi fees. Just be aware of pick up and drop off times because they do not wait for late guests.

We would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Orlando and hope to be back next year!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are quieter and don't bother getting a balcony.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business