“Wayyyy better than Gaylord!”

Ranked #28 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 29 November 2013

This Hotel was absolutely beautiful, clean, and nicely decorated. For being 30 years old I would have NEVER guessed. The Staff was very polite and attentive, the grounds were meticulous, and the rooms very clean and quiet. I do not have children, but there seemed to be plenty to do amidst the HUGE pool, and gamerooms and family activities areas outback. The small selection of shops and cafes was a nice touch. I found this businss trip way more pleasurable than the Gaylord Palms venue.

Room Tip: my room was in the 300 wing , which seemed easily accesible to all ammenities, and for the rooms fac...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
HeeBee4, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

We are glad you enjoyed our resort and noticed all the available activities. Although our hotel is 30 years old, it has been completely refurbished. From the renovated rooms and meeting space to the lobby bar and pools, including a new pool bar and 3000+ sq ft health club, we have made these enhancements for a positive guest experience. Thank you for noting that our rooms were very clean and quiet. We appreciate your five point review and hope that when you choose a leisure vacation, the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress will be on your radar.

Steven.Ballot@Hyatt.com

Write a ReviewReviews (5,857)

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Superb hotel in wonderfully kept grounds. Staff are friendly and first rate, Nick on Concierge is a great character and a credit to himself and the hotel. I was ill 2nd week and Katey, the duty Manager was fantastic with her response and care, she laid on a car for me to take me to the medical centre. I have travelled worldwide and this is the best hotel I have stayed at. A sincere thank you to the hotel and its wonderful staff. Great swimming pools and good food, although on the expensive side. Orlando Ale House near by along with a choice of others, Denny's, Sizzlers, Black Angus steak house, 7/11 on the corner. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a pool view room on the 11th floor. Well worth it as a great view of the fireworks at...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Trevor W

It is always nice to read about an experience that includes information about specific hotel staff members that have made a positive impact on a guest. We work as a team and each member steps up their "game" in time of guest need. Thank you for noting we are your favorite hotel and your five point review. Please recommend us to your family and friends.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

This is a great hotel and they have shuttles to the theme parks. The pool is great and plenty of space to rome around. Great jogging or walking trails, workout facility, a lake with paddle boats, beach volleyball and bikes. Plenty to entatain yourself or kids with. Rooms are nice and spacious.

1  Thank Txloyas
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Upon arrival the bell staff provide a warm greeting as did the front desk staff. Check in was a breeze. I arrived in the morning and was surprised they had a room available. However, when I arrived at the room it had not yet been serviced. A staff member was across the hall and noticed. He quickly on his radio to alert the front desk of the issue. When I arrived at the front desk my new room keys were ready. Very fast!

The next room was ready. I'm a bit of a clean freak and upon inspection was happy to see that the room was spotless. I mean spotless! This staff should be commended. It's rare that I find this level of cleaning.

I noticed that the entire hotel is constantly being cleaned. every square inch. Even go outside and the place is spotless and well maintained.

The restaurant staff was outstanding. Our waitress really connected with our group. The meal was fine but no one raved about the taste. While Orlando is obviously not known for it's cuisine we were very pleased with the service.

The great service was repeated in other areas; meeting space, cocktail parties, seminar luncheon, etc.

Location: I'm very familiar with the area and choose this hotel for the location. It's close to everything.

Room Tip: suggest a higher floor facing pool to see Disney.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

We are pleased you had a great experience and that you shared it with the Trip Advisor community. We appreciate your comments and the five point rating. When your travel plans bring you back to Orlando, we hope you will once again choose the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I arrived late in the afternoon and really needed a pedicure. Now, before you jump to conclusions, I do pedicures about every 6 months and the real reason I wanted one was because my feet ached. I asked the front desk clerk, Angie, if the facility had a spa. She said yes, but it would be closing in less than 10 minutes. She called and asked if the spa attendant would be willing to wait for me. She agreed. Angie quickly wrapped up my registration and got me pointed in the right direction for the spa. I arrived at 5. The spa attendant (a wonderfully cheerful British lady) met me at the door and took care of me...for almost an hour! Both of these ladies made my stay (just 1 night) one of the best I've had in a very long time! I travel nearly 48 weeks a year, so a really great night is special, indeed.

Room Tip: I had a room that faced some wooded areas. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelPansy
HeeBee4, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

So glad you stayed with us and experienced our excellent customer service. This is just another example of our staff going above and beyond to make sure our guests are happy and taken care of. Many hotels are beautiful but not all provide the high level of customer service that our guests have come to enjoy year after year. Thank you for your five point rating and we look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

A very beautiful hotel at a great price. The pool area has something for everyone to do between the rock wall for adults and the water attractions for the kids. Also free shuttle to Disney all day.
Try to get a room higher up with a balcony and you should be able to see the Disney fireworks at 9.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelingmanOhio

Thank you for noting that we have a beautiful hotel and giving us a five point rating. We do offer a lot of outdoor activities for adults and children. We do offer a limited shuttle to the local theme parks. we hope you will return again soon and please recommend us to your family and friends.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

We came for the week to visit Disney and universal studios. The hotel provided return bus service to both but not downtown Disney. We stayed on the 17th floor with great views, modern interior, comfy bed and very clean. We ate in twice at the hotel but found the local restaurants cheaper and just as good.

Room Tip: Higher up for better views. If you get the Disney facing side you can view the nightly fireworks. Yo...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple