“Wonderful hotel SO close to Disney!”

Ranked #27 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Chicago, Illinois
“Wonderful hotel SO close to Disney!”
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a 3 night stay at the Grand Cypress. Have stayed many, many times at WDW... on property - off property - hotels, timeshares, houses... Thought I would give the Hyatt brand a try, as the hotel looked beautiful from the website & got good reviews. Rate was excellent, even for a holiday week (Thanksgiving). Booked 2 adjoining rooms about 2 months in advance with no problem. Arrived early at about noon & was able to check in early & head straight to the Park. Lobby is amazing.... grounds also... very spread out & we'll cared for. Sadly, due to the chilly weather we did not get to use the pool, but it looked spectacular. This property is just around the corner, literally, from Downtown Disney & there are plenty of dining & shopping amenities nearby. Despite the only negative- the $22 per day (per room) "resort fee" ... PLUS $18 per day parking fee- we will stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank SalukiMom
HeeBee4, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you for your five point review and letting the Trip Advisor community know that you would stay with us again. We are located in the heart of Lake Buena Vista and close to everything from major shopping to all the major theme parks. When considering the total price paid, we still offer our guests one of the best values in lodging and amenities anywhere in Orlando.

Steven.Ballot@Hyatt.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (968)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Valrico, Florida
Reviewed 29 November 2013

This Hotel was absolutely beautiful, clean, and nicely decorated. For being 30 years old I would have NEVER guessed. The Staff was very polite and attentive, the grounds were meticulous, and the rooms very clean and quiet. I do not have children, but there seemed to be plenty to do amidst the HUGE pool, and gamerooms and family activities areas outback. The small selection of shops and cafes was a nice touch. I found this businss trip way more pleasurable than the Gaylord Palms venue.

Room Tip: my room was in the 300 wing , which seemed easily accesible to all ammenities, and for the rooms fac...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
We are glad you enjoyed our resort and noticed all the available activities. Although our hotel is 30 years old, it has been completely refurbished. From the renovated rooms and meeting space to the lobby bar and pools, including a new pool bar and 3000+ sq ft health club, we have made these enhancements for a positive guest experience. Thank you for noting that our rooms were very clean and quiet. We appreciate your five point review and hope that when you choose a leisure vacation, the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress will be on your radar.

Woodford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Superb hotel in wonderfully kept grounds. Staff are friendly and first rate, Nick on Concierge is a great character and a credit to himself and the hotel. I was ill 2nd week and Katey, the duty Manager was fantastic with her response and care, she laid on a car for me to take me to the medical centre. I have travelled worldwide and this is the best hotel I have stayed at. A sincere thank you to the hotel and its wonderful staff. Great swimming pools and good food, although on the expensive side. Orlando Ale House near by along with a choice of others, Denny's, Sizzlers, Black Angus steak house, 7/11 on the corner. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a pool view room on the 11th floor. Well worth it as a great view of the fireworks at...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Trevor W
It is always nice to read about an experience that includes information about specific hotel staff members that have made a positive impact on a guest. We work as a team and each member steps up their "game" in time of guest need. Thank you for noting we are your favorite hotel and your five point review. Please recommend us to your family and friends.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

This is a great hotel and they have shuttles to the theme parks. The pool is great and plenty of space to rome around. Great jogging or walking trails, workout facility, a lake with paddle boats, beach volleyball and bikes. Plenty to entatain yourself or kids with. Rooms are nice and spacious.

1 Thank Txloyas
Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Upon arrival the bell staff provide a warm greeting as did the front desk staff. Check in was a breeze. I arrived in the morning and was surprised they had a room available. However, when I arrived at the room it had not yet been serviced. A staff member was across the hall and noticed. He quickly on his radio to alert the front desk of the issue. When I arrived at the front desk my new room keys were ready. Very fast!

The next room was ready. I'm a bit of a clean freak and upon inspection was happy to see that the room was spotless. I mean spotless! This staff should be commended. It's rare that I find this level of cleaning.

I noticed that the entire hotel is constantly being cleaned. every square inch. Even go outside and the place is spotless and well maintained.

The restaurant staff was outstanding. Our waitress really connected with our group. The meal was fine but no one raved about the taste. While Orlando is obviously not known for it's cuisine we were very pleased with the service.

The great service was repeated in other areas; meeting space, cocktail parties, seminar luncheon, etc.

Location: I'm very familiar with the area and choose this hotel for the location. It's close to everything.

Room Tip: suggest a higher floor facing pool to see Disney.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
We are pleased you had a great experience and that you shared it with the Trip Advisor community. We appreciate your comments and the five point rating. When your travel plans bring you back to Orlando, we hope you will once again choose the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I arrived late in the afternoon and really needed a pedicure. Now, before you jump to conclusions, I do pedicures about every 6 months and the real reason I wanted one was because my feet ached. I asked the front desk clerk, Angie, if the facility had a spa. She said yes, but it would be closing in less than 10 minutes. She called and asked if the spa attendant would be willing to wait for me. She agreed. Angie quickly wrapped up my registration and got me pointed in the right direction for the spa. I arrived at 5. The spa attendant (a wonderfully cheerful British lady) met me at the door and took care of me...for almost an hour! Both of these ladies made my stay (just 1 night) one of the best I've had in a very long time! I travel nearly 48 weeks a year, so a really great night is special, indeed.

Room Tip: I had a room that faced some wooded areas. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelPansy
HeeBee4, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
So glad you stayed with us and experienced our excellent customer service. This is just another example of our staff going above and beyond to make sure our guests are happy and taken care of. Many hotels are beautiful but not all provide the high level of customer service that our guests have come to enjoy year after year. Thank you for your five point rating and we look forward to your return in the near future.

ohio
Reviewed 26 November 2013

A very beautiful hotel at a great price. The pool area has something for everyone to do between the rock wall for adults and the water attractions for the kids. Also free shuttle to Disney all day.
Try to get a room higher up with a balcony and you should be able to see the Disney fireworks at 9.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelingmanOhio
Thank you for noting that we have a beautiful hotel and giving us a five point rating. We do offer a lot of outdoor activities for adults and children. We do offer a limited shuttle to the local theme parks. we hope you will return again soon and please recommend us to your family and friends.