Before I review anything else I have to start by saying that the staff at this hotel are first class all the way. From the front desk, to the valets to the pool attendants, everyone was genuinely pleasant, friendly, and helpful. Despite some of the small opportunities I found at this hotel, I will stay here again because of the staff.
Location - if you plan on visiting Walt Disney World, this location is great, Just a 5 minute car ride to Downtown Disney. Also close to restaurants and other entertainment. An easy 5 minute drive to I 4 and you can be to universal, international drive, Millennial Mall, etc etc in 10 minutes depending on traffic.
Lobby and Grounds- the lobby and grounds in general are very nice. Everything is clean, open and modern.
Pool - The pool was hands down the best pool I have ever been to at a hotel. Very large with a water slide, a cave, lots of chairs, etc etc.
Fitness Center - fitness center was very nice and well equipped. Several treadmills, elliptical machines, bikes, free weights, and other machines.
Rooms - I was a little disappointed in the room. If I was by myself or just with my wife it would have been fine. However with my wife and our two little ones, the room was cramped and not laid out well. They had some furniture that just takes up space like a desk extension that sticks out far into the room. The bathroom was very nice size but the half closed in shower is not ideal with kids as water gets everywhere. Our remote didn't work all the way and a lot of channels on the tv did not work. However we never called anyone about it because we were only there for 2 nights and were barely in the room. The biggest concern I had about the room was the balcony. The rails are too wide in my opinion. I would think they would have to meet some sort of code but no way I would be comfortable with my 3 year old out on that balcony. On the plus sides for the room, it was clean, the beds were comfortable, and house keeping was great.
Cost- I think think the extra fees are excessive. We paid 25 dollars a night for a resort fee. I know most hotels in resort towns do this now but 25 dollars a night can add up quick, especially considering we were not at the place long enough to really use wifi, the fitness center or anything else that much. Also self parking was 17 dollars a day. For a resort like this, that's silly. I understand hotels that are downtown in large cities having to charge for a garage parking but this place sits on several of its own acres. I can't speak for cost of food in the restaurants or bars as we ate off property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover one of Orlando's most inviting escapes, Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. The outstanding array of resort amenities filling our resort creates an amazing retreat for families and business travelers, alike. Play golf and tennis, swim, sail, or treat yourself to a massage. Savor a meal prepared by our renowned chefs – cuisine ranges from authentic southwestern fare to fresh sushi and a sumptuous American buffet breakfast daily. Our family-friendly resort offers an ideal location adjacent to Disney World – kids of all ages will love exploring area attractions. When it comes time to relax, return to our resort, where you always find legendary Hyatt service and smiling staff waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotelopia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Odigeo, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Grand Cypress
- Grand Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Orlando, Florida