All my past Orlando trips have been for pleasure, and I always stay at one of the resort properties, so I had no idea about this amazing hotel. I stayed at this hotel for a conference, and it was a real treat. The location was amazing - right between Universal and Disney. The room was beautiful and had a tiny little balcony (only wide enough to stand), so based on which side of the hotel your room was located, you could view the fireworks from either Universal or Disney each night.
The room was spacious and comfortable with lots of drawers and closet space. There were tons of pillows on the bed (6 for a king-size), and I really appreciated the bedside shelf for storing electronics / books / glass of water, etc. The room was decorated in a very modern style - weird art and table lamps (it took me forever to figure out how to turn on the desk lamp). There was also a weird sliding door between the closet and bathroom, so that if you closed the door to the bathroom, the closet was wide open, and vice versa. I was not impressed by the water pressure in the waterfall style shower - not 100% sure I got all the conditioner out of my hair. The room service was amazing - they really have that figured out - whatever estimate they give you for delivery, they were spot on! The room service food options were pretty tasty as well.
The star of this hotel, however, is the sprawling pool, which was practically a water park. The pool was open 24 hours - after a long conference day, I loved being able to enjoy this amenity. This is definitely a family-oriented property, so there were always tons of kids around, and there is no adults-only private pool area, but I didn't mind. TIP: we left the pool area around midnight and they were starting to run out of towels, since there is no staff to refresh the supply overnight - so make sure to grab one earlier in the day if you're planning a late night dip.
On our last day, we took a quick trip over to Disney just for the morning before flying out. It's nice that the hotel runs a shuttle, but we discovered that Disney is so close, you don't really need it, especially if you want to move back and forth separate from the rigid shuttle schedule. We ended up taking a cab back, which was not very cost prohibitive.
The hotel had some solid dining options, although no shopping to speak of, but again Downtown Disney is right nearby. All of the staff were extremely courteous and helpful throughout our stay. I really enjoyed this hotel, except for the tons of mosquitoes. Not enough to keep me away from a resort property on a pleasure trip, but definitely a great choice while traveling on business. Also a solid choice for families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover one of Orlando's most inviting escapes, Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. The outstanding array of resort amenities filling our resort creates an amazing retreat for families and business travelers, alike. Play golf and tennis, swim, sail, or treat yourself to a massage. Savor a meal prepared by our renowned chefs – cuisine ranges from authentic southwestern fare to fresh sushi and a sumptuous American buffet breakfast daily. Our family-friendly resort offers an ideal location adjacent to Disney World – kids of all ages will love exploring area attractions. When it comes time to relax, return to our resort, where you always find legendary Hyatt service and smiling staff waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Ebookers, Odigeo, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Grand Cypress
- Grand Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Orlando, Florida