There are many wonderful things to say about this hotel. Would definitely stay here again in a heartbeat. Checked in on August 12-17. There is a complimentary glass of champagne upon arrival.
Rooms: Really clean, modern and nice. Upon turning on the t.v your name appears on the screen (kinda neat). An upgrade will get you a room facing the direction of Disneyworld where you can see the fireworks from your window. The room is equipped with great teas and coffee.
Amenities: There is a daily resort fee (I believe it was between $20-30). I really wish hotels would charge this in the booking fee. However, this hotel deserves this fee in every sense of the word. BIG size pool w/ a slide. There is plenty of room to find a quiet place. No need to save beach beds as there is a LOT of them. They are super comfy, fluffy and big.
You can kayak on the lake or take any other boat that is available out there, for as long as you want. You can go wall climbing wall, golfing, biking or play tennis (among many other things). Great amenities.
Shuttle: There are numerous shuttles going out to all the major attrractions.
Disneyworld, Studios and Outlets. Book the shuttles ASAP as they go book up quick. The concierge will say to book 2 hours in advance, but I recommend at least a day in advance to avoid dissappointment (especially to the Outlets).
Food: There is Starbucks coffee at the Café located on the main floor. Their coffee (regular and specialty) is surprisignly great.
Cascade American Bistro – Had the breakfast buffet. Lots of choices (healthy and not so healthy). There is a pancacke & omlette station.
Palm Café – Great club sandwich and great drink menu
Hemingways - Had the tuna, it was unbelievable. One plate had 2 really big pieces of tuna and it tasted devine. Everything the waiter brought out to near by tables looked fantastic. The service here was beyong my expectations. Seriously. Don’t forget to leave room for dessert. Your waiter will bring out the choices. If you are a the Key Lime Pie fan, you will NOT be dissappinted.
The spa is currently under renevations, but upon booking the website did not mention this. In its place I found a description that its a, “luxurious spa”. They have a salon operating until its ready. Decore wise, it was a huge flop and I was highly dissappoinmted as it was one of the things on my list to do. The hotel manager gave me a $100 gift certificate towards food at Hemingways because of it and she also sent us her favorite appetizer upon arrival. Super nice. Service at this hotel is pretty incredible.
Car Rental: Hertz operates in the lobby and it was really expensive. I received a $100 quote for a day. Called Dollar Car Rental. They picked me up, drove me to the neighbouring hotel where my car was - $29 done.
Concierge Desk: Staff was really helpful and very nice. They will help you get set up with whatever you need. Used them every day :)
Disney Parks Discount: The hotel offers a nice discount on a 3 Day (or longer stay).
Great place. As I mentioned, would definitely stay here again :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover one of Orlando's most inviting escapes, Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. The outstanding array of resort amenities filling our resort creates an amazing retreat for families and business travelers, alike. Play golf and tennis, swim, sail, or treat yourself to a massage. Savor a meal prepared by our renowned chefs – cuisine ranges from authentic southwestern fare to fresh sushi and a sumptuous American buffet breakfast daily. Our family-friendly resort offers an ideal location adjacent to Disney World – kids of all ages will love exploring area attractions. When it comes time to relax, return to our resort, where you always find legendary Hyatt service and smiling staff waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotelopia, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Grand Cypress
- Grand Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Orlando, Florida