We went to this hotel for our Honeymoon and spent 12 nights there. Overall we had a great time. Check-in was great with a glass of champagne and a guided tour of the hotel by the porter as he took our bags to the room.
The room itself had a great view over the pool and lake and you could see the Disney fireworks in the distance from the balcony. It had a great bathroom with a massive shower, loads of wardrobe and drawer space - it just lacked somewhere to store suitcases out of sight. The room was really clean and had a good standard of cleaning throughout the stay - even when we had slept in and they had to come back later. We also took advantage of room service pizza, which was quite expensive but huge - so actually not that bad value for money. The only complaint with the room was there was an ajoining door to the next room, which meant any sound travelled really easily between the two rooms. Also there were some building works going on which were quite noisy during the day time - they also resulted in the fire alarm ringing for about an hour one evening. However, when we complained, the staff were very apologetic about this and gave us a discount on our resort fee at the end of the holiday.
Next the facilities. Basically your resort fee covered the use of the pool, fitness rooms, golf, canoes, sailing, bikes, tennis, table tennis, volleyball etc. If you are planning to spend a lot of time in the hotel, there is plenty to do and it is pretty good value. However, as we were out all day, nearly every day, we didn't really get the best value although we did use the bikes once and go out in a canoe. The main pool was a bit cold in April - it suffered from being very large with a lot of it in the shade. It was fine for actually swimming, but if you wanted to just bob about, there was a smaller heated pool and 3 hot tubs that were never very busy. I also made use of the Beauty Salon to have a hair cut.
The food and drink was great throughout the hotel. The lobby bar was a great place to have a beer or a cocktail at the end of the day. The service was always great and there was also a guy making sushi to order. As we hadn't really had much sushi before, the staff were really helpful in suggesting what we might enjoy and it was delicious.
There was also the White Horse which was a pub-type restaurant. People dressed quite casually and there were TV's showing various sports. We had two great meals there and although quite expensive, you got bread to start with and a main course was enough to satisfy our big appetites. We had steaks one night and burgers another.
There was a poolside bar, which served snacks at lunchtime - although these were more like full meals. They also had a waitress service at the sunbeds.
The weekend buffet breakfast was great. At $20 it was expensive and yes, there was a Denny's a short walk away which was less than half the price, but the selection in the hotel was great, so we ate there a couple of times when we were having a late start. Pancakes and waffles were made to order, with Mickey Mouse ears for the kids (and for big kids if you asked nicely). There was loads of fresh fruit, cold meats, cheeses, Sausages, bacon, eggs, hash browns, oatmeal, cereals, croissants, bagels, toast, sticky buns, bottomless coffee, tea, orange juice and water served to your table (I don't think our cups were ever empty!) and loads more I can't even remember.
Probably our favourite place in the hotel was Hemmingway's - the fish restaurant. It was set overlooking the lake and we ate there three times. The food was superb - really fresh and delicious. On the first two occassions, we just had main courses. Again, you were served bread to start with and this was more than adequate. On our very last night we treated ourselves to a proper 3 course meal, with oysters, cerviche, delicious alaskan king crab and very indulgent puddings. Even though the restaurant was quite quiet, the atmosphere was great and the service was fantastic. The waiter was really knowledgeable about the food and was able to make some great recommendations. We never felt rushed, even though we were the only ones left at the end. The manager even came and spoke to us, who we had seen on our first day and asked us how our honeymoon had been.
We made use of the hotel bus to go to Seaworld, but then decided to drive to the rest of the theme parks, so we could come and go as we wanted. The hotel was really handy for Disney, with only a 5 minute drive to Downtown Disney. It was about a half hour drive to get over to Universal and one hour to Busch Gardens and Kennedy Space Centre. It was very handy for getting onto the highway, but despite that, the hotel felt like it was in the middle of nowhere.
Overall, we really enjoyed our stay in this hotel, particularly the standard of service from all the staff we encountered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover one of Orlando's most inviting escapes, Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. The outstanding array of resort amenities filling our resort creates an amazing retreat for families and business travelers, alike. Play golf and tennis, swim, sail, or treat yourself to a massage. Savor a meal prepared by our renowned chefs – cuisine ranges from authentic southwestern fare to fresh sushi and a sumptuous American buffet breakfast daily. Our family-friendly resort offers an ideal location adjacent to Disney World – kids of all ages will love exploring area attractions. When it comes time to relax, return to our resort, where you always find legendary Hyatt service and smiling staff waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Grand Cypress
- Grand Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Orlando, Florida