“Fabulous stay during our honeymoon - looking forward to returning with kids someday!”

Ranked #31 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 1 March 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights of our honeymoon. We used points from his business travel so I can't really comment on the price/value of the room but the facilities and service were outstanding! As soon as we checked in and let them know it was our honeymoon they offered us an upgraded room and a bottle of champagne.... They handed me the champagne and I immediately dropped it in the lobby. This could have been mortifying but the staff handled it graciously, got us into our room quickly and sent a bellhop to handle not only the replacement bottle of champagne but our bags and things! The great service continued throughout our stay when the restaurant accommodated off-menu food requests, and everyone we encountered was happy to help with any request!
The facilities were also fabulous. We had the sliding-door type bathroom and didn't love that, or the rain shower head but I suppose those were both personal preference. Otherwise our room was spacious, clean and beautiful. 2 balconies with lovely views of the grounds. The pool and grounds were absolutely wonderful. We spent plenty of time by the pool and also walked around the lake each day of our stay. We didn't take advantage of many other activities, as we were visiting the parks during our stay. However, it was clear there was a lot to do and we've already decided that we'll return with kids and take advantage of everything someday!
Highly recommend this hotel/resort for couples and families!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
HeeBee4, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this review, 3 March 2011
Thank you for offering your positive review of our property. Whether you are celebrating your honeymoon or your 50th wedding anniversary with your children and grandchildren, the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress is the place for a great celebration.

steven.ballot@hyatt.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (986)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Aviano, Italy
Reviewed 28 February 2011

This was our second visit at the HRGC resort and it was even better than the first visit. We discovered even more activities. My husband and I took tennis lessons and played in the round robin on Saturday. We met local players who were very nice. The tennis pro LYnn is excellent and so positive...she makes you feel very welcomed. We took the free bikes (included with the activity fee) and pedaled every day around the property. We took advantage of the free driving range, free golf cart and free 9 h ole pitch and putt.

The pool food was excellent and the best deal. We had the delicious fish tacos...Mahi-mahi...my husband had them for lunch and dinner one day.

Our hotel room was very reasonable with military discount and we had two balconies facing the lake and property. There is a free shuttle that we took on the last visit to Disney but not interested this time.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
HeeBee4, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this review, 1 March 2011
Your recent experience here at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress is what we strive for each and every day. As you noted in your review, we have excellent tennis facilities and any age player from beginner to advanced take have a great time here. Our pro, Lynn, can instruct any player to help them with their game. We have hard courts and clay courts to suit the guests needs. The courts are lighted as well if players prefer night time. Thank you for discovering our tennis facilities and letting the Trip Advisor readers know that if they want to have a stress free Orlando vacation, the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress is the place to be !

Reviewed 27 February 2011

Newly renovated rooms are great. Pool is awsome and plenty of things to do for kids. Great value.

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank Cvel
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 February 2011

Just spent 10 rather lovely days at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. Going there for a conference and staying for 10 days, I got the conference rate for the whole time with free internet access thrown in and upgraded to a pool room which was great. The reception staff always knew my name (how do they do that?) and very quick to fix a broken telephone. I could always get a bike or treadmill in the gym and the grounds are great for walking in. It's also quite close to the Vineland shopping outlet. At the end of a great trip I was irritated to need to catch a taxi to the aiport and while standing there with a huge suitcase, carry-on luggage and handbag, was totally ignored by the car valet guy who was chatting to a male guest. When I said "I know you're having a conversation and all but I really need to get to the airport", he just arrogantly waved the town car over and kept talking. I was amazed and rather appalled! Then to cap it off, after the town car driver knew I was flying Delta, he just dropped me off at the first stop at Orlando airport which was for American Airlines. I didn't realise I had to get right across to terminal B to Delta - and there were no suitcase trolleys.Thank goodness I had enough time to struggle over there. An otherwise lovely stay was marred by these issues...

Greenwood Village, Colorado
Reviewed 20 February 2011

I loved this place. From the moment I walked in the soft jazz and waterfalls and opulent & expansive lobby said, "the vacation has officially begun". Streams, plants and waterfalls everywhere, along with large and expensive statues of Hindu gods, Buddhas and other Eastern religions, welcoming people from around the world and showing a reverance for a source higher/bigger/greater than ourselves. The grounds were lush and fabulous, the rooms contemporary with views of the fireworks and the lake/pools/beach, Epcot, MGM and Disney. Ask to be placed on that side of the hotel. The pools were wonderful with hidden whirlpools, lots of waterfalls. Things for kids to do, things for adults - the lake - sailing, kayaking, paddleboat, etc. There's a $22.50 resort fee/day that you can opt out of if you do not plan on using the pools, 24-foot rock climbing wall, health club, shuttle transportation, 9-hole golf, tennis courts or bikes. Valet is $20 and while self park is free, I believe it's a little distance and challenging to find a spot. Wireless Internet is $9.99 one time but beginning 3/1/11 that will be included. Currently there is hard-wire internet. Refrigerator but no microwave. Also - if you want bubble bath and need a tub, get the double rooms; King rooms only have a shower. Chaise in room for comfortable reading! I really can't say enough about this- oh- Starbucks and Seattle's Best coffee served on site though not full menu. The Sunday brunch at LaCoquina fills up quickly so reserve accordingly. The restaurants, the grounds, the pool, the service and people - all are set up and orchestrated to give you a most relaxing and enjoyable, upscale vacation. Highly recommended. Also, great for a wedding. The only hold back would be that (my) door was not cut all the way to the floor but had about 1" open. At night a *huge* streaming light from the hallway came pouring into the room and lit it quite nicely, actually. Could've been just my room right next to the main hallway. It made it somewhat uncomfortable when people walked by as they sounded like they were right in my room. Thankfully there weren't alot of people passing by. A fabulous stay with excellent amenities, staff, service, restaurants - everything!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank lindawJ811LW
HeeBee4, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this review, 28 February 2011
Thank you for your thorough review of our hotel. Indeed it is a destination in itself. No need to go anywhere else to enjoy a relaxing vacation or just a quick qetaway for the weekend. One thing to note. The resort fee is not optional. Beginning March 01, 2011 the fee will be 22.00 + tax per night and does include all the amenities you mentioned plus others, including our limited theme park shuttle and the Grand Cypress driving range, basketball courts, racquetball courts and hard and clay tennis courts. Once again, thank you for the review and please recommend us to your family and friends.

St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed 20 February 2011

My 3rd visit to the Hyatt Grand Cypress. Have stayed twice for business and once with my family. Does not disappoint on any level. Everything from check-in to friendly, professional service, to pools and grounds and rooms - everything is above average. What's best? Probably the rainbow roll sushi in the White Horse Tavern. I've paid twice as much and gotten half as good sushi in high-end Vegas restaurants. The Key West vibe at Hemmingway's is fantastic, along with their fresh seafood. When I stayed with my three kids and wife on an earlier visit, the pool was clearly the biggest winner. I also love the running paths around the grounds. This place is an oasis.

Richardson, Texas
Reviewed 19 February 2011

My spouse and I had booked this hotel to stay from February 12-February 15, 2011 to celebrate our anniversary and Valentines Day at Disneyworld and Universal Studios. We chose this hotel due to the beautiful pictures and good reviews we saw online. Here are our pros and cons:

Pros: Beautiful scenery, lots of amenities (that we did not use), the lobby was really pretty (there were parrots), and the location was pretty close to everything which was nice.

Cons: Valet parking is $20 a night (we'd figure it would be free for hotel guests but apparently it was not). Second is their parking, their parking spot is so small that people are parking on the side of the curb, we had to walk a very long distance to get into the hotel after we parked the car. Amenities fees: We were not informed that there were a $22.50 mandatory fee each night that we stay that should have been stated when we checked in for the Amenities that we did not use. Housekeeping: When we came back the room was cleaned but our clothes were moved into a pile, knocked over my luggage and all my clothes were spilled out and they just left it there. Apparently we had a bag of candy that was open and it was full but when we came back from Disney World it was only a few pieces left. It's not a big deal because it's only candy, it's just the principle of things. Room: Their towels were hard and not soft. They only had a stand in shower and no bathtub, which I was really looking forward to taking a bath.

Luckily, everything we did outside of the hotel was very fun that the cons of the hotel did not bother us that much except the fees.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LinhH
HeeBee4, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this review, 21 February 2011
Thank you for staying with us. It is appreciated.
Our hotel has a resort fee and each and every guest is informed about it as they check in. if you book with the hotel directly, it will be on your Hyatt confirmation as well.The fee includes our resort activities including paddle boats, sail boats, canoes, pitch and putt par 3 golf course, 24ft rock wall, health club, Grand cypress driving range and theme park transportation. It is a great value to our guests. We certainly hope you take advantage of all we have to offer. That is entirely up to the individual guest.