Thought the location would be SO convenient for a short visit to Epcot & the Magic Kingdom. First we went around in circles trying to find the place (give us directions already!) Then I forgot how much of a pain it was to switch trains for the Epcot trip. At least they ran frequently and were not full. the monorail to MK runs in only one direction, so it can be a long trip TO MK, but just one stop back. Should have tried to walk, but it was 90 degrees already!
Surprised at how many problems we had with the rooms. With Disney marketing to parents with young children I thought they would be focused on safety, but wow! were we surprised! First of all, all 3 doors to the balconies were unlocked when we checked into our room on the 11th floor! So glad I was a paranoid grandma and checked them. And yes, the football shaped table in the bedroom was as unstable as previously noted - I pressed on the top and it started to fall over! We kept it shoved up against the wall and never let the children near it! there is also a tall floor lamp in the living room that they could have easily pulled over on top of themselves! Who designed this??????? The clock radio in one bedroom couldn't be reset, there was an annoying beeping in the kitchen that I couldn't track down - it was the dishwasher (that's a new one on me!).
And of course, everything except the rooms is across in the original Contemporary building. It's also noisy from the fireworks and the electrical pagent - not nice if you are a toddler (or a tired grandparent) and 10 PM is WAY past your bedtime!
But what really got me was that I asked about a late checkout (so we could give the baby a nap) when I moved our reservation to the tower and was told it was noted on the reservation, but to ask again at check-in, where I was told it was noted and sent to houskeeping, but the next morning were were told that "there is never late check out at the villas!" We really felt snookered. So we won't be staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warm luxury meets modern elegance at this lakeside Resort hotel just walking distance to Magic Kingdom park. Delight in Studios and multi-bedroom Villas, kitchens or kitchenettes and dramatic views that may include old-growth cypress trees, the shimmering Bay Lake, the lush courtyard or Cinderella Castle. Enjoy white-sand beaches, enchanting pools and award-winning dining-plus the extensive offerings of Disney's Contemporary Resort, connected by the convenient Sky Way Bridge, with access to transportation including the Resort Monorail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Lake Tower At Disney`s Contemporary Hotel Orlando
- Bay Lake Tower At Disney's Contemporary Resort Orlando, Florida