My boyfriend and I stayed here for our spring break as a way to get away from all the crazy drunk college-kid filled resorts and for him to experience Disney for the first time. (Disclaimer: We are both college students but were looking for something a little less ... drunk ... for our first vacation together.)
My parents are Disney Vacation Club members and graciously allowed us to use their points to stay here. Having been to Disney many times in my life, I was still surprised at the customer service aspect of the trip. Transportation was provided from the airport to the hotel (and back at the end of the trip). Our luggage was taken care of, as well. Check-in time was at 4, but we were able to go to our room at 2 when we arrived. Everything was clean and the view from the balcony was great. The best part about this hotel was the private pool and 14th floor bar for vacation club members. As guest of my parents, all the vacation club perks applied to my boyfriend and me. Every night we sat in the hot tub and on our last two nights we enjoyed drinks at the Top of the World Lounge. Watching the firework show from the Magic Kingdom was amazing, the lounge had the same music playing that is played in the park.
The only thing that bothered me was I could hear the family in the room next to mine and the music playing out by the pool early in the morning. However, I am an extremely light sleeper. So this might not bother people with normal sleeping abilities. It did not effect my boyfriend.
Overall, I love this hotel and can't wait to come back. I've encouraged my parents to stay there next time they are in DIsney as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warm luxury meets modern elegance at this lakeside Resort hotel just walking distance to Magic Kingdom park. Delight in Studios and multi-bedroom Villas, kitchens or kitchenettes and dramatic views that may include old-growth cypress trees, the shimmering Bay Lake, the lush courtyard or Cinderella Castle. Enjoy white-sand beaches, enchanting pools and award-winning dining-plus the extensive offerings of Disney's Contemporary Resort, connected by the convenient Sky Way Bridge, with access to transportation including the Resort Monorail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Lake Tower At Disney`s Contemporary Hotel Orlando
- Bay Lake Tower At Disney's Contemporary Resort Orlando, Florida