What an awesome location! A ten minute walk to Magic Kingdom and the first stop off the monorail when you come home. Stayed in a deluxe studio with our toddler. It had a bed and a sofa/pullout bed (they make them a lot better than they used to thank goodness), a small kitchenette w/ microwave and mini-fridge. There was also a mirror "vanity" area in the kitchenette which made it easy for me to do my hair/makeup while the bathroom was occupied. It was so much easy to catch the elevator here than in the contemporary and was quiet at night. The pool area is awesome and has a great slide and can only be used by Bay Lake occupants. Only con was they should provide a step stool for kids to reach the sink which seemed higher than normal.
The breezeway to the Contemporary was very short and you came in on the floor w/ a quick service restaurant which provided a reasonably priced breakfast and sandwiches. There was also a shop, market and arcade room.
The buses to the other parks came frequently and were convenient. From here you stopped at the Polynesian then went on to the park. On the way home from the parks you are the first spot they drop off.
Take advantage of the late park hours offered to those staying at Disney resorts. We had Magic Kingdom to ourselves one evening there wasn't a wait at any ride. And they didn't enforce the 40 inches. Our toddler (38 inches) rode Splash Mtn that night but they wouldn't let him on during the day. And yes, he loved it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warm luxury meets modern elegance at this lakeside Resort hotel just walking distance to Magic Kingdom park. Delight in Studios and multi-bedroom Villas, kitchens or kitchenettes and dramatic views that may include old-growth cypress trees, the shimmering Bay Lake, the lush courtyard or Cinderella Castle. Enjoy white-sand beaches, enchanting pools and award-winning dining-plus the extensive offerings of Disney's Contemporary Resort, connected by the convenient Sky Way Bridge, with access to transportation including the Resort Monorail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Lake Tower At Disney`s Contemporary Hotel Orlando
- Bay Lake Tower At Disney's Contemporary Resort Orlando, Florida