For many, the experience at a hotel is generally standard. A simple room with a king or two doubles that is primarily used as a bathing and sleeping station during a vacation. However, hotel owners have chances to give their properties personality and uniqueness. Walt Disney Parks and Resorts in my opinion is truly the best hotel operator for developing properties that offer a truly unique experience. Staying at a Walt Disney World property is an absolute must for those vacationing to the Walt Disney World resort in Orlando, FL. Extra magic hours, free transportation, & free parking are among the obvious reasons for staying but for me there is no bigger reason for staying than to be simply engulfed in the Disney atmosphere. I recently stayed at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort and once again, Disney amazed me.
Bay Lake Tower is a relatively new property opened in the late summer of 2009. It is considered a Disney Vacation Club property and is catered more towards families wishing to have "home away from home" amenities. I stayed in a 2 bedroom suite with my family and another family of close friends. Total, we had 8 people and one infant and I tell you what, we never once felt cramped or overcrowded. The suite was set-up with a central living area that featured a tv room, kitchen, & dining area. A master bedroom with full bathroom was accessible through one door on one side and an additional bedroom with two queen beds on the other. The living or TV room had a pull-out couch as well as a single reclining chair that can be modified into a twin bed. Needless to say, this suite was sizeably large and definitely served its purpose as far as accomodations go,
The jewel of this property is the proximity to the Magic Kingdom. Being able to wake-up, walk out to the balcony and watch the monorails pull into the Magic Kingdom is priceless. A view that you can get from no other location which is what seperates this property and Disney's Contemporary resort from other properties. This is what being engulfed in the Disney magic is all about. An added treat for Disney Vacation Club members is the ability to go up to the "top of the world lounge" and enjoy cocktails, appetizers, and an up close view of Magic Kingdom's "Wishes" fireworks display.
An interesting notation of this property is that there are no restaurants inside the building. Although the rooms have a full room service menu and a poolside bar, the closest restaurants are located across the courtyard in the Contemporary's main building. Conveniently, a walkway connecting Bay Lake Tower and the main Contemporary building was constructed. While this may pose as an inconvenience for those that may need to run to the gift shops for a quart of milk or some other necessity, it also keeps down on congestion areas in the event of full capacity.
Now, I have a little girl age 2 that is sometimes difficult to keep entertained. Yes, you are just a short walk from the most popular theme park in the world, but sometimes you want to be able to find simpler activities that don't require being out in the Florida heat. Bay Lake Tower features its own Community Center of sorts that has video games, foosball, and numerous activities for the little ones. The wonderful Disney staff sat and helped my daughter make her own bracelet and color her own page of the Disney Princesses. Disney always amazes me with the little touches that add so much enjoyment to any experience.
Bay Lake Tower is truly a location that brings the Disney spirit with fantastic perks and uniqueness. Unfortunately, the experience is on the expensive side and may not be able to be enjoyed as easily. Of course Disney does its best to accomadate many budgets with different levels of accomodations. However, understand that the price is justified. You won't have experiences like this at any other location in the world. It is what makes Disney Parks and Resorts stand apart from all competitors.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warm luxury meets modern elegance at this lakeside Resort hotel just walking distance to Magic Kingdom park. Delight in Studios and multi-bedroom Villas, kitchens or kitchenettes and dramatic views that may include old-growth cypress trees, the shimmering Bay Lake, the lush courtyard or Cinderella Castle. Enjoy white-sand beaches, enchanting pools and award-winning dining-plus the extensive offerings of Disney's Contemporary Resort, connected by the convenient Sky Way Bridge, with access to transportation including the Resort Monorail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Lake Tower At Disney`s Contemporary Hotel Orlando
- Bay Lake Tower At Disney's Contemporary Resort Orlando, Florida