“What a cool place!”

Ranked #23 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Atlanta, GA 30062
“What a cool place!”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Granted we were staying at the DVC's version, but the room! Wow! A two-bred with 3 bathrooms (makes you wonder why!) Very cool decor, spacious and a great view of the Magic Kingdom! There's nothing like being close to the action! We were able to come back to the room for naps! (Such comfortable beds too!)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (565)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I was totally pleased with Bay Lake Tower, the only negatives I can think of are: access to the food court requires you to walk from your room to the walkway on the 4th or 5th floor (cannot remember which) over to the Contemporary, and the layout of kitchen and bathroom seemed backward. The rooms were extremely nice, and upscale. The couch was one of the most comfortable I have ever experienced. The biggest bonus is the ability to forgo transportation and walk a 5 minute walk to Magic Kingdom. I did that for two days, and was able to do everything at MK that I wanted. Personally, the MK is the furthest from all other resorts, and I have a hard time going there on most stays. This was supreme in the location factor. The staff working on the main floor of Bay Lake was wonderful, best I have ever had. I would like to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank annieh60
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I like the layout of these rooms. We stayed in a 2 bedroom, 3 bath villa on the 11th floor. The amenities were great in the bathrooms and kitchen, and housekeeping was awesome. The furniture is starting to show some wear but the hotel is for families so I didn't mind. The staff was kind and helpful. A few things you should know if you're traveling with small children, as we were (toddlers): The noise from the pool, fireworks, and nightly light show on the lake can be very loud and definitely heard in the rooms, even in higher floors as we were. Bring white noise if your child uses it. Also, we could hear almost every step the folks above us took. Luckily my daughter can sleep with white noise on and I think that helped but if she hadn't she would not have gotten a nap or been to bed before 10:30pm. The location is good if you're a big fan of MK as we are. It's a short walk but taking the monorail was a nightmare every time we tried to. Either they were lying about it being down or we were stuck for a long time. If you're getting a package that includes Magical Express I'd recommend not using it. It adds SO MUCH TIME to get to and from your hotel in my mind it's just not worth the free cost. This hotel was the most expensive choice for us but I prefer it over Kidani Village where we stayed last year in Animal Kingdom as that property was WAY too far from the main parks (Epcot, MK, HS).

Room Tip: Stay on a higher floor. If you want to see the fireworks stay with a MK view. If you want to see t...
1 Thank ajhernan
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Great property which has every thing - walking distance to the Msgic Kingdon, beautiful rooms, great service by all employees, pool was great and a great bar at the top of the property to relax with a drink and watch the fireworks. Just a total great property. I have stayed with my family on two occasions and will continue to stay there in the further.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Alberta
Reviewed 25 November 2013

When we arrived at Bay Lake I was in awe of the location - you drive through the Magic Kingdom gates and basically the Contemporary and Bay Lake are the only resorts. When we went to check in I was prepared with my Magic Band loaded up prior to arrival. I had added our passes, our Mickey's Christmas Party tickets, our room and 3 Fast passes a day. There was a lot of stalling as we waited at the front desk and finally I asked what the issue was. The check in agent wouldn't give me a straight response but said they were working on everything and would have it up and running shortly. Another 10 mins went by while I stood there and they filled in time with telling me about the dining plan etc that I already had researched fully online. Finally after 45 mins we were ready to go and they gave us a $50 comp to our room for the inconvenience. I had a 1 bedroom lake view and ended up with both the lake and MK views. Not too sure if this was because of the delay at the front desk or I just lucked out but I will say I was very happy. The room was great. After staying in a 1 bedroom at Aulani though I will say that we do prefer the villa at Aulani over Bay Lake. The kitchen doesn't have a ton of counter space and the cupboards are extremely low. The doors to the Master bedroom bathroom were also weird. There was a door in to the Jacuzzi area that didn't lock although it looked like it was supposed to and then there was a door in to the bath/toilet area and again the door had a lock that didn't work. The villa was clean and yes there was so wear and tear but you imagine that is going to happen after a resort has been open a couple of years.
The staff were all friendly although I never quite understood why each morning there would be 3 behind the check in desk and about 6 standing just outside the doors to go outside. They were just all standing around. The walk to the Magic Kingdom is literally 5 mins and I have to say it was nice leaving the car in the parking lot on those days. We were with friends and family staying at All Star Movies and Caribbean Resort and would go and pick them up on the days we were going to other parks. The drive was about 15 mins or so to each one. As far as the new Magic Band system goes I enjoyed it and I thought it made life so much easier. I put all our photos on there and when we got home managed to access them really easily on the my Disney experience app. Also pictures of us on rides showed up which was a little bizarre as some of those rides we hadn't used our magic bands to get on (ie. we didn't have fast passes for them). Disney can obviously monitor where you are.
Overall I would stay here again. However, we did take the monorail over to the Grand Floridian and that will be my next selection of resorts to try as it looked amazing.

Room Tip: 1 bedroom villa with both MK view and lake
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Still a great location, and very nice pool area, but the rooms are starting to show wear and tear. Broken fixtures, carpet stains, and a stale smell made this luxury resort feel more like an old Holiday Inn. We reported the issues to the front desk, and they said they'd "...add them to the list.".

The staff is friendly, the rooftop lounge is comfy and the view of the fireworks can't be beat. A convenient short walk to the Magic Kingdom or short monorail ride to anywhere makes this a great destination, but I sure would like them to keep up the maintenance.

PS - DON'T GO FOR A RUN ON THE ROADS! The buses and driver will run you down. Welcome to Florida?

Room Tip: Get a room on the Magic Kingdom side of the building to watch the lights and fireworks - a low floor...
1 Thank CaptainSteveG
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Our friends shared this room with us for two nights, and even though we slept on a pullout sofa, it was great! The proximity to monorail, shops and parks was great, and every staff member was incredibly friendly. Everything was clean and the kitchen and bathrooms were well stocked.

Room Tip: We stayed on the lakeside, and it was lovely and quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends