Hotel is very clean, well kept. Grounds are spotless and kept remarkably clean. Personnel are all kind, friendly, and helpful for the most part. We stayed in a 1 bedroom lake view suite at the Bay Lake Tower. Awesome view. The room suite was spacious, with 2 bathrooms ( one being a master bath with a full whirlpool tub , separate shower room. ) a full kitchen with a dishwasher, full size fridge , stove, microwave. All possible utensils, pots and pans.all of which were clean, and looked new. Complimentary dish detergent, dishwasher pods. Only trial sizes, but it should last the week. Washer and dryer, also with trial size detergent. And , of course , your typical bathroom supplies. Beds were probably the most comfortable hotel beds i've slept in. housekeeping comes once every few days in this building, since its timeshare. So don't expect them daily. we used the provided vacuum or mop, if we felt it needed it. towels are available everywhere, so if you're in need, the housekeeping carts are everywhere. I am not one to complain about trivial small issues like a stain in the carpet, a scratch on the furniture, spider webs, or dust. If there was any of this stuff,I probably didn't notice And didn't give it a second thought, as I am a realist and know that this place is a venue used 24/7 365 days a year, non stop. If you encounter an extraordinary circumstance, like vomit, or blood, bugs, etc..keep in mind it is more than likely an isolated issue, and not the norm. Given the circumstances of how busy this place is, it is amazingly clean, well kept, and organized. Anyone who nit picks the little stuff is just being a bit neurotic, or looking for something for free.
With all this being said, I did have just 2 issues with my stay...
1 ) upon arrival at 9 am, We were greeted from the Disney express airport shuttle by a hotel employee as soon as we stepped off the bus. Brought us right to the desk, where check in was quick, and friendly. Now, the problem...we had a sick child ( whom had gotten sick on the flight ) and the contemporary personnel were made aware of this. Because of this, They had promised us accommodations until our room was ready. Needless to say, we were never given these accommodations, and were forced to spend the next 6 1/2 hours on the hotel couch waiting for our room, with a sick child , no access to our luggage , and no place to go. ( it was pouring raining all day) asking all day when our room would be ready, l was never given a straight answer, or other accommodations I was promised upon arrival. By the time we settled in, everyone was wiped, tempers flared, and the trip started off on a bad note, with No apology , or attempt to make good for the inconvenience by the hotel personnel.
2) the meal plan...it is unwritten rule that you need reservations in order to guarantee getting seated in table service restaurants . So we attempted reservations 3 weeks prior to our trip. We were successful for the most part , except, when we attempted to make dining reservations at some places, like T-Rex cafe in downtown disney, i was told there were no openings at all , on any day. We eventually were able to make reservations at rainforest cafe in downtown disney, at an odd hour because, there were supposedly no tables available there at decent times either. So we go to downtown disney to spend the day. A lot earlier than we had wanted to , in order to make our dining reservation, only to find that both places were completely empty! Not just at the time we arrived, but ALL DAY LONG. I counted 80 tables empty at T-Rex cafe. that's right , "80".....95% empty. This is the place that was supposed to be booked solid, all day, every day that week. Very disappointed . When asked if they were expected to get busier, the staff told me they were slow all week. when asked why i couldn't get a reservation, i was told that people make multiple reservations at different places , As a backup . Therefore , people make backup reservations with no intention of going , knowing there is no penalty. So the computer thinks the place is booked, and its really not. There is obviously something very flawed with reservation system, so be advised.
With the exception of these 2 complaints, we still had a great time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warm luxury meets modern elegance at this lakeside Resort hotel just walking distance to Magic Kingdom park. Delight in Studios and multi-bedroom Villas, kitchens or kitchenettes and dramatic views that may include old-growth cypress trees, the shimmering Bay Lake, the lush courtyard or Cinderella Castle. Enjoy white-sand beaches, enchanting pools and award-winning dining-plus the extensive offerings of Disney's Contemporary Resort, connected by the convenient Sky Way Bridge, with access to transportation including the Resort Monorail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Lake Tower At Disney`s Contemporary Hotel Orlando
- Bay Lake Tower At Disney's Contemporary Resort Orlando, Florida