“Great anniversary trip!”

Ranked #23 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Ft. Worth Texas
“Great anniversary trip!”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My Husband and I stayed at Bay Lake Apr 26-28th, 2014 for our anniversary. We had a lake view studio which had a great view of the lake and the pool. I really liked the modern Disney art and the soft colors used throughout the resort. We were greeted by Heather. She was cheerful and had us checked in very quickly. We were in the parks all day so we didn't have time to use anything other than the refrigerator in the kitchen. The location of BLT is very convenient to food, gift shops and the monorail. Also at the end of a long day of park hopping, it's great to be able to walk back to our room from Magic Kingdom. The day we checked out we had some luggage we needed stored until we left for our flight later in the day. The front desk took our bags to Bell services for us which was really helpful. We had a great stay and hope to return soon.

Room Tip: On the lake side, request a higher floor if you have young children who might be taking afternoon na...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (566)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We've stayed at both the Contemporary (2014) and now the Bay Lake Tower (5/14). Overall, the property/resort is excellent. We like the spacious feel, friendly staff, proximity to the MK and clean surroundings. For us, the fact that this resort doesn't scream Disney is a nice plus.

At the BLT, we had a studio. On the "pro" side it was a quiet environment (I never heard another person at night in the hall or above us), a roomy balcony and prompt/efficient housekeeping. We didn't feel far from the Contemporary. The kids loved to cross over the skywalk and we watched the fireworks and lake light parade on multiple nights from this vantage point. Great to walk only steps to your room after the show rather than taking planes, trains and automobiles back to a hotel room. I liked the fact that we didn't wait for elevators (like we did at the Contemporary.) I liked having the fridge, microwave and toaster. We had breakfast in room daily and coffee on the balcony. Pool at BLT is fine but we prefer the slide and the size of the Contemporary pool. As a BLT guest, you are allowed to use both. This is not the case as a Contemporary guest.

On the "con" side of things, the studio was so much smaller than a standard 2 Queen room at the Contemporary (or at least it felt that way.) I sort of hated dealing with the sleeper sofa every night. Beds did not feel as comfy as those in the Contemporary. General vibe of the BLT room was a little more worn and a little less polished. We aren't fussy travelers- really it was fine, I'm just noting the differences. If given the chance to choose between the two spots...it would be hard, but I would probably go with the Contemporary b/c of the beds and room size. We can survive without a toaster. I don't think either is a poor choice given you get the location and the resort amenities at both.

Room Tip: If staying at the BLT, try to get a room on a higher floor and closer to the end of the U shape. Yo...
1 Thank eihi22
Illinois
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We really enjoyed our studio at Bay Lake Tower. It was so convenient to walk to the Magic Kingdom! The location can't be beat. The front desk was always helpful and friendly.

Our room was well maintained. It was clean and had everything that we needed for our short 4 night stay. Bed and sofa bed were comfortable. We used the pool at the Contemporary just because we were able to refill our mugs at the pool bar. It was so convenient. The Contempo Cafe and the Wave restaurants were both good. We had an amazing stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Anne3411
Avon by the Sea, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 May 2014

What a sad ending to a nice vacation to find missing items when I unpacked at home.
There was a pair of earrings and a shirt gone !!
This is a Disney Vacation Club Resort and I used points to book. I feel the staff might not be compensated by tips as generously as full paying hotel guests and perhaps it shows in their attitude.
The room had not been cleaned thoroughly and shows wear and tear, for example carpet stains. When I pulled out the sleeper sofa there was trash that had fallen behind the sofa and plugging in my phone charger i saw more garbage behind the tv. There were also items left behind in the kitchen drawers from a previous guest.
We had 3 rooms booked, one room forgot they had left out a do not disturb sign and missed the towel replenishment on day 4, which is standard when traveling on points. When they called for the towels they were told there is a charge. Really?
I have been traveling to DIsney for years and stayed in every deluxe hotel, there is a definite difference in the Disney hotel service and the service when traveling as a Disney Vacation Club Member booking with points.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Mcgirl406
Plainville, Connecticut
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This was a great hotel and the location cannot be beat. There were a few issues with the room, for example the AC did not work properly on the first night which made it hard to sleep well (and made cooking breakfast in the morning in the well appointed and beautiful kitchenette impossible.) There was a broken faucet handle in the master bathroom (still worked), and the toilet paper spool was falling out of the wall. The shower features a dual head system with a wall mounted head and a rain head on the ceiling. When the rain head was turned off (which I preferred), it dripped cold water constantly, which made for a less than comfortable shower.

The bed was comfortable but not overly. We're sort of spoiled by our Tempurpedic at home, though, so it's hard to fault Disney for this. Pillow-tops are definitely not our thing.

Aside from these minor annoyances, though, the hotel was fantastic. The fireworks shows at Magic Kingdom can easily be viewed from the skyway between Bay Lake Tower and the main Contemporary hotel. They even pipe the music up there, and during our stay there were very few people up there. VERY nice. The staff was professional and cordial (but the lobby staff were not as bubbly as I'm used to at Walt Disney World, to be honest, maybe it's a monorail loop thing), and our room was kept spotless (since we were resort guests and not using DVC points, we got daily housekeeping which was excellent.)

If not for the minor (but glaring for Disney) issues I would easily give 5 stars. We're glad we stayed here (if only the weather had cooperated for our fanciest WDW visit to date!)

Room Tip: The theme park view rooms cost significantly more, but are well worth it based on the fact that you...
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I have been staying at this hotel since it was built. The location is fantastic, a quick monorail ride or a 10 minute walk to the Magic Kingdom and a monorail ride to Epcot. The resort is also attached to the Contemporary Resort, which has restaurants and shops (and the monorail stop).

The pool is nice and the bartender at the pool bar was fantastic - she was friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. I found myself getting a second drink because of her great personality. It is employees like this that make a Disney trip so fantastic. We never had a problem finding at least 4 chairs together.

The room was clean and the studio had more than enough room for me (I had the room all to myself). If I was traveling with children, I would likely want the 1 bedroom option, so everyone has more breathing room. The towels were very thick and nice, which is a great change from the typical threadbare towels that you can find at some resorts.

The only reason that I didn't give this property a 5 star rating was the beds. The bed was not comfortable and the pillows were horrid. Next time I go back to Bay Lake, I will pack a pillow from home. The bed was so uncomfortable that I had difficulty sleeping.

Overall, I love staying at Bay Lake and will definitely be back again.

3 Thank Triattygirlpa
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel was fabulous. Everyone there was super friendly clean rooms in a great location. About it 8 to 10 minute walk from the hotel door to Magic Kingdom entry. Located right next door to the contemporary on the same property there's a bridge between Bailey, contemporary so you can go over to the contemporary there's several shops, a little store and two places to eat without having to leave the property

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family