I've been going to Disney World since I was a kid ( early 70's) and have stayed at almost all of their resorts. The Bay Lake Tower at Contemporary Resort was one we decided to try on our WDW trip in October of 2013.
We usually stay at a couple of different resorts in WDW on each visIt as we travel light and we like the fact that each resort is totally unique and a completely different experience. To our surprise Bay Lake turned out to be a very good resort. The grounds are clean and uncluttered and only a short walk to the Magic Kingdom. The pool is a bit plain and seems small for s resort this size. Our room was a little small for the money but had a very modern and refreshing decor.I like that fact that a DVD/CD player was included in the room as Disney TV can grate on you after a short time.
The California Grille Restaurant is tasty, but expensive ( I will review that restaurant soon!) but food options aren't limited to all fancy fair. The Wave offers some good choices and Chef Mickey has character dinning all conveniently located in the main Contemporary Tower along with a food court as well. Overall it is a nice resort, but for my money there are better lodging choices at WDW.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warm luxury meets modern elegance at this lakeside Resort hotel just walking distance to Magic Kingdom park. Delight in Studios and multi-bedroom Villas, kitchens or kitchenettes and dramatic views that may include old-growth cypress trees, the shimmering Bay Lake, the lush courtyard or Cinderella Castle. Enjoy white-sand beaches, enchanting pools and award-winning dining-plus the extensive offerings of Disney's Contemporary Resort, connected by the convenient Sky Way Bridge, with access to transportation including the Resort Monorail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Lake Tower At Disney`s Contemporary Hotel Orlando
- Bay Lake Tower At Disney's Contemporary Resort Orlando, Florida