This is our second stay at Bay Lake Towers and I have to say that the location is everything. It is about a five minute walk to Magic Kingdom and with two children under 6, location trumps all. We were assigned an accessible studio room on the sixth floor which I think was the highest you can go unless you are a DVC member. The room was clean and the layout was more spacious that the regular studio and it was great for our little family of four. Because it was an accessible room, there was a large separate shower and I especially like the handheld shower for the kids in the tub. The floor in the room had a bit of a smell but bring your own flip flops and you will be fine and there was also vacuum in the room. The mini kitchen was very convenient. They stock it with disposable cutlery, plates and complimentary coffee. There was a mini fridge(not stocked), microwave, toaster oven and coffee maker, which doubled as the kettle when we wanted to make tea. If you take the walkway on level 5 to the Contemporary, you could stock your fridge with most pantry items at the grocery store. (They have large bottles of water on the shelves) The bed and the pull out were comfortable and there was an extra blanket and pillows in the closet. Although our room was directly across from the service elevator and right above the parking lot, it was relatively quiet. The best perk this time was that we could see the fireworks from the balcony. There was a channel on the TV which piped music that synced with the fireworks at Magic Kingdom every night. They also have a DVD player which kept the kiddies entertained while we got ready. It was a quick walk to the monorail via the skywalk to the Contemporary and just the same to the bus station for Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Downtown Disney and the Water Parks. For those of you with strollers, it is also the first bus stop to all the mentioned bus locations so you will usually get a seat! Best thing about this hotel is its location!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warm luxury meets modern elegance at this lakeside Resort hotel just walking distance to Magic Kingdom park. Delight in Studios and multi-bedroom Villas, kitchens or kitchenettes and dramatic views that may include old-growth cypress trees, the shimmering Bay Lake, the lush courtyard or Cinderella Castle. Enjoy white-sand beaches, enchanting pools and award-winning dining-plus the extensive offerings of Disney's Contemporary Resort, connected by the convenient Sky Way Bridge, with access to transportation including the Resort Monorail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Lake Tower At Disney`s Contemporary Hotel Orlando
- Bay Lake Tower At Disney's Contemporary Resort Orlando, Florida