This was our first stay at Bay Lake tower, after many trips to Disney- and many other stays at Deluxe Resorts.
Our family of 3 selected Bay Lake based upon the location to the Magic Kingdom, proximity to the Contemporary, and stellar reviews from other friends. I knew going into our stay that the studios were the smallest of any Disney Villa Resort.
The room itself is well equipped- a queen bed, comfy sofa sleeper, small table and chairs, galley style kitchenette, and a bathroom. Overall, it was everything we needed- but it was a TIGHT fit for a family of three. I really do not think we could have managed if we had another child. It took some creative configuring for us to manage three suit cases and the stroller, in addition to ourselves, in the room. Each day we needed to fold up the sofa sleeper- move the ottoman- place the chairs from the table onto the balcony- just to get situated. (Drawer space and closet space were tight, as well)
That being said, I was willing to do this simply based upon how much we loved the location, amenities, and proximity to the Magic Kingdom.
The pools were excellent, and offered a great view of Bay Lake. The Marina/Boat Rental was a great excursion for us one morning- and the lake view from our room gave us a front row seat for the water parade! The sky bridge to the Contemporary allowed us a great view of the Castle/Monorail- as well as Illuminations Fireworks in the distance!
My only suggestion- I do wish the prices were more fair- particularly on the studios- as they are very small. Other Disney Villa Studios are much larger, for much cheaper.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warm luxury meets modern elegance at this lakeside Resort hotel just walking distance to Magic Kingdom park. Delight in Studios and multi-bedroom Villas, kitchens or kitchenettes and dramatic views that may include old-growth cypress trees, the shimmering Bay Lake, the lush courtyard or Cinderella Castle. Enjoy white-sand beaches, enchanting pools and award-winning dining-plus the extensive offerings of Disney's Contemporary Resort, connected by the convenient Sky Way Bridge, with access to transportation including the Resort Monorail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Lake Tower At Disney`s Contemporary Hotel Orlando
- Bay Lake Tower At Disney's Contemporary Resort Orlando, Florida