“Great location”

Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort
Ranked #35 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I booked this hotel because of it's location, and that was a super A+. We got to see Magic Kingdoms fireworks from the terrace with a drink and has the best views. Check in was strange since all the info we got was about the new bracelet system, no maps, no directions, no nothing. Once we actually got to our room it was all every other DV offers. Great accommodation, but missed the services. Everything had to be done in it's mother resort next door. Whilst we were getting settled someone from housekeeping entered the room and did something we did not see, unannounced. Needless to say we only went to our room once we got the proper notice that our room was ready! Still gave good rating because I think all these minor details can be easily corrected and the rest of the experience makes up for it!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Crispy73
Write a ReviewReviews (1,775)

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We loved this hotel. This was the perfect location to the Magic Kingdom. We were able to watch Wishes every night from our hotel balcony. The monorail was so easy to take from the Contemporary. We will definitely stay there again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Erin C
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Our traveling party was our little family of 3 (2.5 year old) and one set of grand parents. There are not that many options with 2-bedroom suites and we wanted everyone to have privacy while sleeping at least. I fell in love with the pics on the website. The "booth" style table is perfect for a toddler. The room was everything we expected and more. We had been disappointed to get a "lake view" room, but as it turned out, we got one that was on the edge and had an incredible view of Magic Kingdom and the fireworks at night! The room was very spacious and comfortable. The pool was incredible for little kids, too. They had a very small kiddie water slide and a really big water slide for older kids and adults. Actually our 2-year-old tried the big slide, too, and with 2 people waiting at the bottom, he came flying out like a bullet it was so fast for him. But, he was laughing when he came up from the water. (Note: While they will allow little ones on, they have to go solo. But the pool has little life preservers for the kids.) It was also really close to Chef Mickey which we all loved, too. It was not cheap, but we really wanted to go all out for this one as he is a huge Mickey fan and we wanted to be close to the park to get home for naps.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank lafnsing
Reviewed 22 July 2014

As a member of the Disney Vacation Club, my home resorts in Orlando are Boardwalk and Animal Kingdom Lodge. This was my first stay at Bay Lake Tower. Magnificent ninth-floor view of Bay Lake. The studio room arrangement is great with a separate kitchenette area.The ONLY negative was no ATM machine unless I walked over to the Contemporary...an inconvenience when I wanted to tip the person who brought my luggage to the room. LOVE the proximity to the monorail...thus Magic Kingdom AND EPCOT.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is our home dvc resort. This stay did not thrill me! Location wIll always be fantastic being right at magic kingdoms doorstep. The room seemed run Down. The friendliness of staff was minimal. And in one case had me bouncing like a rubber ball after telling me my magic bands were all set up.... We'll they weren't. We weren't left with any spare garbage bags and were made to feel like we were asking for the moon when we asked for extra. The pool seemed slimey and overcrowded . May not want to stay there again.. Not worth the points or $!!

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank myspecialks
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a 3 day 2 night trip at BLT. Got the studio for my wife, 2 year old toddler and myself. While I was initially scared we would not have any room to breath, I can assure you this is not the case. Even with the stroller in the room there was plenty of room for the 3 of us. That being said, for a longer stay I would definetly be going with a one bedroom. The hotel itself is both beautiful and convenient to travel back and forth from the Contemporary and the Magic Kingdom. Staff was courteous and helpful with all our requests. Had been wanting to stay here since we joined DVC in 2010 and I was not disappointed. While other properties may be nicer in some aspects, if you are going to the Magic Kingdom, this is the place to stay.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Kevin F
Reviewed 20 July 2014

BLT was amazing. We had a two bedroom, three bath condo on the 14th floor. The views of the pool, lake, and water parade were awesome. Sunrises were beautiful. Everything about this condo was top notch. It was very clean. The halls were quiet!! We want to come back here soon!! 6 of shared this condo and we all had room to breathe!! Highly recommend!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank deskk
Travellers also viewed these Orlando hotels
Lake Buena Vista
Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort
Disney's Beach Club Villas
#110 of 341 in Orlando

Been to Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort

Address: 4600 North World Drive, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830-8413
Region: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#36 Family Hotel in Orlando
#61 Romantic Hotel in Orlando
Price Range: £395 - £656 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort 3.5*
Warm luxury meets modern elegance at this lakeside Resort hotel just walking distance to Magic Kingdom park. Delight in Studios and multi-bedroom Villas, kitchens or kitchenettes and dramatic views that may include old-growth cypress trees, the shimmering Bay Lake, the lush courtyard or Cinderella Castle. Enjoy white-sand beaches, enchanting pools and award-winning dining-plus the extensive offerings of Disney's Contemporary Resort, connected by the convenient Sky Way Bridge, with access to transportation including the Resort Monorail. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Bay Lake Tower At Disney`s Contemporary Hotel Orlando