“Favorite Place!!!!!”

Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort
Ranked #33 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 9 August 2014

3rd time I've stayed here. If I could permanently rent a room to have as a second home, I would. I love this hotel so much, I really think of this more as an apartment, a place where I could really live. Was here from 8/2-8/6/14 with my 15yr old DS in a Lake View studio room. Love the view, the Electrical Water Pageant, the Monorail, the walk to the MK, the shops, the walkway bridge, the food!!! OMG on this trip, I only ate at Contempo Cafe and room service and the pool at BLT but it is the best food ever!!! (Delicious) with great service. From check-in to check-out and everything in between this hotel offers the absolute best! Stayed on DVC points but would definitely pay the big bucks to stay here. Fortunate that this is a DVC property! Best hotel in the world!!!!!

Room Tip: Request a lake view close to the walkway, 4th or 5th floor.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Laurie R
Write a ReviewReviews (1,762)

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We were fortunate to stay at this resort in a one bedroom villa. We were in room 7220, which is considered a "standard view". When we walked into the villa, we felt like we hit the jackpot. We had a view of the castle and the monorail, so we were able to watch the Wishes fireworks display every night during our stay from the comfort of our room. We will now be forever spoiled. The 10 min walk to Magic Kingdom was fantastic since we spent most of our time at MK. The villas are roomy and I loved the "contemporary" feel of the room. I cooked most of our meals in the villa. We rented a car and located a brand new Trader Joe's in the Winter Park area. It was a good drive, but we love the quality of the foods at that grocery store. The beds were so comfortable including the pull out sofa. Everything we needed was in the villa. Mousekeeping replenished the laundry detergent everyday, so we put a load into the washer as we headed to a park. The pool area was fantastic and we took advantage of all the resort offerings, including the daily pool parties, roasting marshamallows and watching Disney movies poolside. If you are on the fence on whether you should stay here, I say do it. We did not regret the extra cost with this splurge. We are already planning the next trip to Bay Lake Tower. It was a fantastic stay. You will not regret the decision.

Room Tip: If you have a special celebration such as birthday, the front desk can make arrangements to have Goo...
1  Thank CSD
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed at Bay Lake Tower over the 4th of July and we loved it. We had a lake view, but we could see Space Mountain from our balcony. The cast members were very friendly and helpful our door lock had a problem when we checked and and they sent up three people to fix it and it was fine for the rest of our trip. We were there for 8 nights. We went up to the Top of The World Lounge nearly every night and we just loved it.

Room Tip: High floor you end up with a better view.
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I'm a Disney vacation owner and have been very fortunate to have stayed a other Disney resorts as well. this was our first time at a Magic Kingdom resort and they do not disappoint, from watching the fireworks at the top of the world lounge, which is encouraged take your family at least to the observation deck WOW!!! It's a very nice walk to Magic Kingdom and the monorail is very close.

Room Tip: If I brought my whole family I would try for a 1 bedroom lock-off
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cyndie B
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My family booked the Bay Lake Towers at Disney’s Contemporary Resort about 10 months before our WDW trip and since then I have been reading the reviews on TA. The reviews, for the most part, were positive (I always read the “not so good ones” first). I really was not sure what to expect but I was dazzled by our 2 bedroom suite on the 11th floor which faced the Magic Kingdom and the lake (bonus). We had 3 full bathrooms, 2 balconies, kitchen, a big dining banquette and a washer/dryer. Our party was 4 adults and two kids (4 years and 7 years) and we had so much room that no one got on each others nerves. The pool was nice but it was so hot that the pavement around was scorching. The kids enjoyed the pool party staff and the huge waterslide. The adult drinks at the pool were expensive but its Disney – so it was expected. There is a Community room for kid activities, which we didn’t have time for but we stopped in to check it out and it was great. There were lots of staff and things for the kids to do. We were a skywalk away from the monorail and the bus service is right between the Contemporary and Bay Lake. Every night we sat on the balcony and watched the fireworks. The room was super clean and housekeeping was great. I am spoiled by the experience at Bay Lake!

3  Thank Judy J
Reviewed 3 August 2014

With OKW as our home resort, we're used to larger studios, but you can't beat the view. This was supposed to be just my wife and I getting a 1-day jump on the family vacation. The rest of the family was arriving the next day to start a 2 week stay at OKW. At the last minute our youngest got time off from her summer internship and riding with us was cheaper than a plane ticket. For 2 people the studio is fine, but no more than 2.
We had a theme park view which was great both day and night views.
Took the boat over to Fort Wilderness to enjoy the Trail's End Buffett, well worth the ride & price.
Went up to the Top of the World Lounge to watch fireworks. We were seated at the window and enjoyed a few drinks and snacks before it started. While we could see most of the fireworks, it was a little irritating when people arrived and lined most of the railing in front of us, blocking the view of the castle. I mean there's a lot of railing...

1  Thank Mzznlink
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Great spacious condo type room with a great view of Bay Lake. Walking distance to the Magic Kingdom and a quick bus or monorail ride to the other Disney locations. Very clean and pleasant decor good size pool and access to the Contemporary resort pool. Would highly recommend.

Stayed: July 2014