My 10-year old son and I did a father and son 5-night trip to Disney and stayed at the newest Disney Vacation Club’s Bay Lake Tower (BLT), which just opened in September.
BLT is very conveniently located next to the well-known Contemporary Resort (CR). Parking is free. There is a connecting walkway to CR for easy access to the monorail to Magic Kingdom and Epcot. In fact, Magic Kingdom is close enough to walk, especially when monorail is quite busy (e.g. after fireworks). Plus by walking over to MK, you can catch a bus to anywhere without having to change buses.
Of note, check in is at the CR. Most of the amenities are at the Contemporary (e.g. restaurants, shops, concierge, health club/spa, business center, marina). DVC members have access to all the amenities at CR (but not vice versa). But it is somewhat inconvenient to have to walk over to CR if you just need a little something, like milk.
Bay Lake Tower does have a tennis courts, a nice pool with a slide and hot tub, and a poolside bar. The Community Hall has lots of activities for kids all day long, mostly free. There is also a very nice Top of the World Lounge on the top floor with full-service bar and limited menu that is only accessible to DVC members staying at BLT using DVC points. It is a wonderful place to watch the fireworks at Magic Kingdom.
We stayed in a very large, elegant 1-bedroom suite overlooking Bay Lake. There is a 20-foot widow in the living room. In fact, we can see the Magic Kingdom fireworks from our living room, so we had free entertainment every night. There are two full baths. In the contemporary theme, décor is very modern. Flat panel HDTV in the living room and bedroom. Full kitchen amenities (stone countertop, oven, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, dishwasher, full-size refrigerator) and wash/dryer combination. Wired internet access is $10 a day but FREE to DVC members. A laptop-size safe is in the room. The only minor complaint I had was that the toilets flushes are a bit noisy and we can hear neighbors flushing all night. I did not notice a lot of noise otherwise.
Very nice place to stay. Location is great. Slightly isolated because everything is over at Contemporary Resort. But also much less chaotic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warm luxury meets modern elegance at this lakeside Resort hotel just walking distance to Magic Kingdom park. Delight in Studios and multi-bedroom Villas, kitchens or kitchenettes and dramatic views that may include old-growth cypress trees, the shimmering Bay Lake, the lush courtyard or Cinderella Castle. Enjoy white-sand beaches, enchanting pools and award-winning dining-plus the extensive offerings of Disney's Contemporary Resort, connected by the convenient Sky Way Bridge, with access to transportation including the Resort Monorail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Lake Tower At Disney`s Contemporary Hotel Orlando
- Bay Lake Tower At Disney's Contemporary Resort Orlando, Florida