As DVC members we have a home resort of Animal Kingdom and Bay towers, and have stayed at both a few times. AK is a better hotel as far as ammenities, HOWEVER the location requires a bus ride to go anywhere, there is no problem in getting a bus BUT it adds as much as an hour to get to some locations. For example getting from AK to another resort hotel for a dinner reservation (Hoop-De-Doo at Fort Wilderness Resort).
BLT through the contemporary has connection to the Mono Rail and buses. Not that the buses are any quicker but one can visit all the locations on the Mono Rail which takes only few minutes.
Room for room (1 BR) we no no issues with either, although we do like the more contemporary settings of BT.
When traveling with grandchildren we prefer BLT However when without we prefer the AK as commute time not as critical.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warm luxury meets modern elegance at this lakeside Resort hotel just walking distance to Magic Kingdom park. Delight in Studios and multi-bedroom Villas, kitchens or kitchenettes and dramatic views that may include old-growth cypress trees, the shimmering Bay Lake, the lush courtyard or Cinderella Castle. Enjoy white-sand beaches, enchanting pools and award-winning dining-plus the extensive offerings of Disney's Contemporary Resort, connected by the convenient Sky Way Bridge, with access to transportation including the Resort Monorail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and Ebookers so you can book your Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Lake Tower At Disney`s Contemporary Hotel Orlando
- Bay Lake Tower At Disney's Contemporary Resort Orlando, Florida