This "modern" contemporary style appartment complex, barely Disney-themed, is situated next to a calm lake in the extreme North of the Disney property. It is a 10 minute walk to Magic Kingdom, but one of the farthest situated from the other parks and areas.
The friendly and helpfull front desk is at the adjacent Contemporary Hotel, which is a 5 minute walk. Also the nearest restaurants, shops, monorail and bus stops are here.
Our room was upgraded to a disabled accessible studio. This had it's pros and cons! My preference for a higher floor was not assigned. Instead we received a half lake, half park view.
A park view has sight on a parking lot and in the distance the park. The disabled accessible studio is spacious and has in contrast with the studio the kitchenette separated from the bathroom sink. The brown grained kitchenette has a microwave, toaster and a small fridge. The spacious beige and green tinted bathroom with handrails has a shower, a seperate bath and a sink with space to stow away toiletry. The shower heads pressure is to strong for usage. The bathroom's stone floor is extremely slippery. The colourfull combined living and bed room has a very comfortable queen size bed, a medium sleeper sofa with foot bench and a table for two. On the tastefull design cabinet a flat screen, DVD-player and an Ipod dockstation, only for a Nano, are placed. The combined stowing place and closet is to low to hang up cloths. And there is no full size mirror in the studio.
The cleaning is average but done on-time. Usualy the bathroom amenities where not replaced or presented nicely with label front. Ones the bathroom's floor was not mopped and some towels where not folded.
This appartment complex is good, but less compared to hotels in the same price category. There is no "magic feeling" as there is hardly no obvious Disney theming. The cleaning could be more accurately, and some important room features have to be improved. This complex is not recommendable for people looking for the "magic feeling" nor for people expecting a top notch accomodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warm luxury meets modern elegance at this lakeside Resort hotel just walking distance to Magic Kingdom park. Delight in Studios and multi-bedroom Villas, kitchens or kitchenettes and dramatic views that may include old-growth cypress trees, the shimmering Bay Lake, the lush courtyard or Cinderella Castle. Enjoy white-sand beaches, enchanting pools and award-winning dining-plus the extensive offerings of Disney's Contemporary Resort, connected by the convenient Sky Way Bridge, with access to transportation including the Resort Monorail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Lake Tower At Disney`s Contemporary Hotel Orlando
- Bay Lake Tower At Disney's Contemporary Resort Orlando, Florida