“Great rooms”

Ranked #150 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Palatka, Florida
“Great rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

We stayed here before leaving for a trip out of MCO so we could keep our vehicle parked and take the shuttle. The room was clean and spacious, common areas clean, and the employees were friendly. The Breakfast attendent on the morning of our departure 9/26/2013 was amazing. She has a great personality and is a fresh face to see before you depart. The only suggestion I could make is the appearance of both ladies at the front desk could be improved. The lady who checked us in the night prior speaks very very fast and you can not understand her when she answers the phone. The morning clerk did not say two words to me, and both need to iron and tuck in thier uniforms. Other than that the hotel is great and I highly recomend it to anyone traveling through MCO.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Corrine J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

This hotel is a very good option, the staff is very nice and the breakfast service is very good, the best we have is the cleanliness of the rooms and room service,
In the Lobby worked a person called Ingry is very helpful with all customers. I and my family are very happy with this choice.

Room Tip: Far to the Ice machine
1 Thank JorLud
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

upon entering the hotel I noticed it was nice and clean after checking in we were given a suite on the 3rd floor, the room was very clean and roomy well stocked with toiletries and towels, the bed was big and comfy the next morning the breakfast buffet was great and a variety of food and even homemade waffles being served which were yummy!

2 Thank rache4
Great Cacapon, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We took a trip to Disney world in July. We chose this hotel since it was only a short drive to all the parks It was cheaper than staying inside Disney This hotel was very nice our room was great and they had a breakfast bar every morning

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

I had to have work done in my home due to a broken pipe so I needed a place to stay for my mother while they worked on her room. Insurance had paid the cost, so I chose my favorite chain, Choice Hotels. I was going to pick another Comfort Suites but I am glad I changed plans cause I found out that the one I originally planned on was quite noisy from families visiting Disney and Old Town. This one was quiet at night.

This is a newer hotel, and meant for one night, most 2. My insurance was paying for 7 days but I only needed 4-5 days. This hotel was mainly meant for the most 2 nights for vacationers waiting on a flight or cruise.

Like other reviewers, I agree, the restaurant options suck if you don't have a car. Wafflehouse in walking distance and a there is Racetrack gas station with convenience store with it in case you want to get snacks, variety of drinks, which the store was clean and not bad on options. Plus there is an option of delivery. The hotel had a delivery company in their book on a desk in the room, plus calling for pizza is an option. But if a car IS an option there are places to eat within 5 miles of the hotel. As you go towards Florida Mall, there's Wendy's, Mickey D's, Burger King. The Mall has surrounding it places like Chili's Outback, Carrabba's, then there is the food court in the Mall which has 5 guys, DQ, Taco Bell, and regional. The lobby area of the hotel is great when delivery, the hotel keeps the dining area stocked at all times with disposable utensils, plates, cups.

Since I needed a handicap room, it was spacious as expected. Railing at toilet area, luckily for mom. Rails in tub. No seat tho, which I wish it had for mom. Plenty of towels, comfortable bed, and lucky for me, same cable channels as home.

I enjoyed the breakfast. Esp. the lady in charge 4 out of 5 days were were there. She was from Czech Republic, now living in the states, and she catered to my mother every morning I brought her downstairs for coffee.

I only have 3 cons that bother me. I do not know how they freshen the pillows but the first night, all I smelled was what seemed like "perm" smell. I asked for a change of pillows. Since I was close to home )About 10 miles, give or take) I went and got my own pillow and since I had a neutralizer spray, I did a good spritz, which helped since I couldn't get that smell out of my nose from the first night.

The other thing is that even the the bed was huge and comfortable, my mother couldn't get into it. There were no step stool available to get in or out, so I had to improvise, and took a table at the right height to push herself on to the bed.

The last night I was there, the wireless thermostat broke, but the maintenance man showed me how to adjust the A.C.

Tho it was a great idea that, for security purposes, no delivery person allowed inside, (I had to come down to just outside the main door in lobby to pick up my delivery), someone was still able to pass to pass flyers of the place under hotel doors. Restaurants should be allowed to leave their flyers in the lobby, since the lack of restaurants in the area.

Overall, my experience with this hotel ws good, with just some pet peeves of mine

Room Tip: Be prepared to have cash to order delivery or just walk over to Waffle House if you don't have...
1 Thank pmularz841
Panama City Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

This is a newer property and is well maintained. Very quiet and comfortable beds. See Ingrid during the day shift, as she is very helpful and friendly. I have stayed here several times and will stay again. It's a short drive to I-drive if that's your thing, but I prefer the quiet.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
San Luis Obispo, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

We stayed here the night before leaving on a cruise. When we booked the hotel, we didn't realize that the port where we were to board the ship was quite a distance away from the hotel. I called a few weeks in advance and spoke to a front desk staff member (Darius?) who was very helpful. He put me in contact with a driving service, Laura's. I ended up having several conversations with Mike Kramer (no relation) from Laura's, who got us from the airport to the hotel, made a restaurant suggestion and provided transportation there and back, got us to the cruise ship the next morning, then did it all in reverse AFTER our cruise (including a side trip to Gatorland when we had time to kill.)

We were grateful for all the help we received!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family