“Very Nice Centrally Located....”

Hilton Garden Inn Lake Buena Vista/Orlando
Ranked #110 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Shorewood, Illinois
“Very Nice Centrally Located....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

I'm not really sure why this hotel is rated 59th at this time. It truly deserves a much better rating.
I met my son to attend the ISA 2012 Expo at the Convention Center on Universal Dr. and didn't mind the 10-15 minute drive to spend almost half on a very nice accomadation. While in town we also went to an Orlando Magic game at the Amway Center which was only about a 25 minute drive. We also visited the Premium Outlets and Downtown Disney. This hotel is truly in the middle of it all but in a very quiet area.
The room itself was still as good as new. I asked one of the housekeepers how old the Hotel was and she told me 2 years. I really thought it was newer. The internet connection worked perfect. Maybe one small complaint but not a big one was that I had to print my boarding pass before leaving and the computers in the business center were very slow.
When visiting Orlando again this is my new hotel of choice.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Hartselljr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Indonesian first
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

This is the second time we stayed at this hotel. Near Downtown Disney, it is located about a 15 minute drive to Walt Disney World (6 miles away), Universal Studios (7 miles away) and Sea World (3 miles away). 10 minute drive to Premium Outlet. Very large and very confortable room (a 2 queens access evolution, near elevator - room #314), with excellent bathroom. Its a new hotel, launched in 2009, with free self parking, free wi-fi and non-smoking rooms with convenient amenities. The Midtown Bar and Grill offers freshly made breakfast, lunch and dinner.
_______________________________________________________________________________

In Portuguese:

Esta é a segunda vez que ficamos hospedados no hotel. Bem próximo de Downtown Disney e localizado a aproximadamente 15 minutos de Walt Disney World, Universal Studios e Sea World. Fica a 10 minutos do Premium Outlet. Nosso quarto era grande e muito confortável, com um excelente banheiro. É um hotel novo, inaugurado em 2009, com estacionamento e wi-fi também gratuitos. Todos os quartos são para não-fumantes, com várias amenidades. O bar e o restaurante oferecem café da manhã, almoço e jantar.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank RicardoBretzCosta
Surrey U.K
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

We stayed for 1 night after a long flight from the UK. We'd chosen this hotel as we'd stayed previously at the next door Homewood Suites. We chose this hotel because it has a restaurant so we could get something to eat without travelling anywhere.

I'd chosen our room the night before when I went to run off the confirmation.
We had a choice of rooms so chose a 1 bedroomed suite on the 7th floor, brilliant as we'd paid for a room only.

The assistant at check in couldn't initially find our paperwork & asked us if we had got the wrong hotel. Then I said we'd checked in online & she found it.

The suite was fantastic! Spacious, clean, airy & very comfortable. The very spacious bathroom could be entered via the sitting room or the bedroom. The televisions were flat screen. Didn't hear any noise whatsoever from either the corridor or outside. This hotel isn't directly fronting the I- 4 so thre's not the buzz of traffic.

The evening meal we had was good & the service excellent. At breakfast the choice was standard fayre but very good.

It is far more tranquil than the Homewood Suites but each fills a need in the market. The pool is shared with the Homewood Suites but I've never seen it crowded.

The aircon in our bedroom was a tad noisy but bearable.

I chatted to a tall slender lady who checked us out who I presume was the manager. She was very pleasant & seemed to really care about what we thought of our stay.

We'd happily stay again.

Thanks to all.

Room Tip: It's away from the Disney mayhem & 20 mins or so from Orlando airport. keep a few dollar bil...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Roxy-Popsy
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

Just left this hotel today and have no complaints. It was clean, the beds were nice and shower had hot water, so I was happy. People find the smallest thing to complain about. You can't go to a hotel expecting it to be absolutely nothing wrong with it. Your home is perfect is it? We got free breakfast and although it was the best breakfast I ever had in my life, it got us through our morning. The pool was nice. The people were nice and at the end of the day we got what we came for and that was a good night's rest. The room had a fridge and a microwave as well.

The hotel is very close to the Disney area, about a 5 minute drive to Downtown Disney, and close to many places to eat and shop, yet away from all the noise and traffic. I would most certainly stay here again when we go back to Disney.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Brittney H
FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

Booked this hotel using Hilton points, so no complaints on the price! About 2 miles from the Downtown Disney area. Not sure if they offer a shuttle service to the parks, as I live in FL and drove my car to Orlando. Called in the morning to advise I would be arriving late so not to be surprised to find my room given away when I arrived around 10pm. All was in order, easy check in, and a nice quiet room awaited me. The rooms are very well kept, stylishly decorated, and had a microwave and coffee maker. No problems with the wifi internet service, good shower pressure, plenty of towels. Would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Tracey T
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

The bedroom is good, clean, comfortable, big, but the bathroom disappointed me. It was so small and the design is weird. You cannot open the shower without getting wet! When you just open the open the shower, the water is cold, nobody wants to get the cold water on their body.

The service is not that good too. My nail was broken and I ask them for nail clippers, they even don't have one

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Fiona_822
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Given the myriad of shady looking non-Disney hotels in the area, I was very pleased to find that this HGI was well above average. It is new construction, with a very nice pool/play area and clean rooms. The hotel is a bit off the path, but it is surrounded by other Hilton brand options, creating a sort of oasis from the trashy areas around it. This is an excellent alternative to paying full-Disney prices, and is a much better value than Disney's "value" hotels, which can be packed well above capacity with Disney's less savory guests.

Room Tip: Pay for the room type that you desire.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family