“Awesome views”

and up
Orlando Sunrise Hot-Air Balloon Ride
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Take off on a 3 to 4 hour fun-filled balloon adventure, leaving one hour before sunrise. Enjoy a tranquil hour floating above the sights and attractions of the Orlando area. Flights leave from our many locations in the WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort area but we check in every morning at our Orlando Balloon Rides Welcome Center. Once airborne, the pilot will point out the spectacular sights from the theme parks to the orange groves, and forests that have been untouched for thousands of years. Complimentary Champagne Toast after flight.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Houston, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Awesome views”
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

The ride was very good. Only flaw is that there were too many people on board. We had to squeeze in. Overall the flight was smooth. The crew and other member are super good and their hospitality was one of the best. Will definitely ride again. Breath taking views from the top.

3 Thank arun s
Orlando_Balloons, Chief Pilot at Orlando Balloon Rides, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Hello and thank you for posting on TripAdvisor. I'm so glad you had a great time. I'm sorry you felt a little crowded in our basket. They are designed to not have too much extra room in case of a bumpy landing (which are quite rare) but you do have more space per person than most balloons which I'm sure you'll find quite amazing!. So glad you had fun and we look forward to seeing you again!
Damien Mahony

Reading, United Kingdom
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Good views and great experience but a few too many people”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We rescheduled the ride three times before it ran so book for a day early in your holiday - the rescheduling is due to weather, not much they can do about it!
On the day we arrived and waited in the hotel after signing our waivers. We were then allocated to balloons and driven to the launch site as the sun was rising. the balloons were set up and inflated, which was interesting to watch. We were then allocated parts of the basket to stand in, there are 6 people to each 1/4 of a basket, unfortunately we got in between 2 couples so it meant we could not both stand at the side of the basket looking out at the view, we had to keep shuffling to swap places to see, this really took away from the whole experience otherwise we may have given 5/5. I would suggest if you go that you get in last so you can stand at the corner and both get to see out.
the views were good as the sky was clear, it was really great once we were up there.
once landed we all helped to put the balloon away
we then waited to be picked up, met somewhere else for champagne and were then taken for breakfast buffet back at the hotel (nice breakfast, good selection). I felt the champagne was not really necessary and seemed to take a long time - lots of standing around.
Overall I would recommend this company, it was professional and well run, just a couple of small points of complaint (for the price there should be no room for complaints in my opinion).
We enjoyed it but wouldnt go again.

Visited November 2013
3 Thank Jess F
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“everyone must do this ride, excellent and well worth every penny/cent!!!!!”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

i have wanted to do the balloon trip for a few years now but i always never seemed to have quite enough money, but this year as it was my 50th birthday my work colleagues paid for me to do it and as children under 10 go free i took my 9year old daughter with me,(under protest)
we arrived in orlando 8th november so i had booked it for the 10th as i had heard that they can get cancelled due the weather/winds. Rang the number the evening before to be told to meet at 5.30am :((
The staff were excellent,funny and extremly helpful and informative, we were told that we were very lucky as this was the 1st flight in 2 weeks due to the weather.
It was one of the best experiences ever, the views are amazing and im so glad i chose this company to do it with. There were other single balloons that also flew that day but they all had small baskets and certainly didnt look as professional as this company, we had three very large balloons up with each basket holding 16 passengers and 1 pilot.
I LOVED IT, although my daughter who has very sensetive hearing and spent the entire ride on the floor of the basket as she wasn't keen on the noise when the pilot blasts the balloon with hot air, lol.
If when you are visiting orlando and are looking for something different to do you have got to try this

Visited November 2013
2 Thank dawnydix
Bath, England, United Kingdom
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A Lot Of Fun!”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We had a great time on the balloon rides (if you don't mind getting up early), but the early morning is totally worth it. The views are amazing and the pilots are brilliant fun. We had a chap called Mark, asked for him again this time we went, as he is so funny. It's not cheap, but it's not something you get to do everyday, and in such an amazing place :-)

Visited December 2012
1 Thank MarcusDay
Chesterfield, UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Just Brilliant”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Of all the things you can do in Orlando this has to be the number one. Unfortunately our first flight was cancelled due to high winds. But only 48 hrs later we were up there floating along as the sun rose. I really can't tell you how much my family and I enjoyed this experience. Our kids are 6 & 8 and a balloon flight was on the family bucket list. I was so nice to share this with all the family. There is so much to spend your money on in Orlando, but make sure you do this you won't be disappointed. I can't praise the professionalism and value for money that this company offer.

Visited October 2013