“The girls together”

Ranked #258 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Walsall, United Kingdom
“The girls together”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

My sister, her two girls, 12 and 17 and myself went here in early August. The reception and restaurant staff were very helpful, the rooms were very clean and bedding and towels changed daily. Although I did hear one complaint from a downstairs room that they had creatures in the room, but if you will leave the door open then the lizards will get in! The pool is kept clean with towels available, not very big but does the job. This hotel is not on international drive but only a short walk and very close to the amenities. It has a courtesy bus to Epcot where you can then make your way to the parks and universal is a short bus ride then a very long walk, get a taxi only 20 dollars! Breakfast was free and chaotic as everyone turned up at the same time. It is the same thing every day but it does the job and sets you up for the day. All in all not a bad base for a Disney holiday.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sam T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Reviewed 23 July 2013

The price is good but the place could be updated. Room was out dated found mold on my pillow cases and on the bathroom floor . Breakfest well lets just say I could have got better food at a fast food resturant not a lot of choices either. The egg thing they cooked was over cooked and the sausage was burned that basicly all they really had. I liked the location because it was near all the theme parks and fun things to do .

• Stayed July 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Just back from 2 weeks in this hotel,to be honest i wouldn't recommend it but it was cheap&cheerful (ish) While the rooms are big,they are out dated but in fairness i didnt go to Florida to sit in a room,the tellys were old but again it kept the kids happy for the few hours during the morning&early evening! the cleaners came every day with fresh towels and made the beds..not sure if beds were changed every day or not but that didnt bother me! The breakfast was not good at all,we ended up getting food and having it in room or going out to eat,the staff were not over friendly and on the 1st day i asked "a local expert" to show me on a map where we were so we could get our bearings...but after looking at the "local area map" he couldnt show me..laughable!!! on check in i was asked for a visa just to hold a deposit i was told/assured NO CHARGES would be made but on checkout i was charged $2.50 per room per night,and this is on the check in form but was not pointed out or explained..needless to say i was fuming!!!! Pool was fine bit they are not strict on closing hours,few nights people were in it til after 11pm.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Niamh W
Oranjestad, Aruba
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We booked this motel in April for our June 23rd trip to stay a week. Arrival the check in was smooth and we got the 5th floor room 517. Room was big with broken curtains, a micro wave with a hole in the window. Room was not that confy and we did not bother to claim the Micro Waive as we will not use it anyhow. Breakfast was acceptable but the same items every single day for a week was boring. We even got frozen eggs omelets one day. Bananas were excellent. They never run out of any items and refills was always taken place. We ordered some items for our son via Amazon. Those were send via UPS and after we received an email from UPS confirming the delivery, we went to pick it up at the Front Desk. The Clerk informed us that there were a $50.= storage fee. We said...what????? Yes, sir you signed for it upon checking in. She showed me a registration card where it was listed $ 10 for boxes 12 x 12 inches, $20 for boxes up to 49 pounds and $50 for any of the above. I asked to talked to the Manager who never showed up. So I showed the agent that the box as per UPS had a weight of 22.1 pounds so it could not be $50. She apologized and confirm me that the charge will be $20.=. By the way, we paid $49 per night for the room. $ 50 was more than the room rate. As we ordered another item which cost $9 and scheduled to arrive the next day, we went early to sit in the lobby to wait the UPS truck which normally arrive by 12NN. I went outside the building to meet the UPS but he told me that I need to go inside and so I followed him. The FO Agent told me if the receipt is was individual for my package she will had to charge me the storage fee anyhow. You can image that my temper went to the roof and I told her that that will be a robbery and I took my cell phone to call the Police. She immediately told me not to worry and handed me my package and assured me that there will be no charge. Can you image, sitting the the Lobby since 11 AM and still being charged? No way I was going to accept this.
The housekeeping always didn't had enough towels and always had to come back to bring the rest. Rest of the stay was OK but we will never ever going to stay here again. Rooms needs to be updated, curtains replaced, corridors more cleaners, still not Flat Screen TV but rather VERY old CRT TV with poor reception. Wifi was acceptable.

Parking, you need to arrive early at night otherwise park in the parking lot of TGI Fridays. Not enough parking.

Room Tip: Stay away from this Quality Suites as they are plenty of other Hotels across the street which nicer...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank EAG65

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed 11 July 2013

The hotel was clean and had a good location. The rooms are quite big and well equipped. The staff was friendly. Their breakfast was OK.

If you are looking for a cheap hotel to stay at, I definitely recommend it! I would stay at this hotel again. If you are looking for anything more, needless to say, you should be paying more...

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank cyprus92
Reviewed 7 July 2013

My fiancée and I chose those hotel based on price as we figured we'd only be crashing here after checking out the parks. I think we both would have preferred to pay a bit more so we felt more comfortable, and quite frankly safe. There was damage to the room, the carpeting was something you don't walk on with bare feet, the bedding was clearly old as were the mattress, and pillows. The shower walls had mold all over them, and the TV's in the room were probably considered modern when Miami Vice was considered to be a hot TV show. The people who worked at the front desk clearly could have cared less about extending you courtesy, or offering comfort. We arrived the day the Miami Heat won the NBA Championship so our first night we barely got any sleep as people were celebrating continued to celebrate into the wee hours of the night without consideration for their fellow guests. The following day we were awakened very early by fellow guests making conversation early in the morning speaking very loudly, and obnoxiously. The walls in our room must have been paper thin.
The pool area was already overrun with other guests by 10am, and did not look to be kept in sanitary condition. Overall I would recommend spending a few more bucks if you want to have a nice stay in Orlando.

Room Tip: Don't stay here at all
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Torpedoman1
Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

The stay was great it was overall a great place and a great price. The beds were veey firm which in our case was fantastic. Fthe inly thing was that the staff was nit very friendly. We checked in an hour after normal check in time and still had to wait 30mins to check in, due to rooms not being ready. That sucked because we were ready for showers. Water pressure was out of this world and burnin hot which is great! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013