“If you want cheap accommodation then this is it”

Canada Drive Hotel and Suites
Ranked #270 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom
“If you want cheap accommodation then this is it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

The outside looks fairly good. Free parking when you can. Check-in was OK and our room was on the 5th terrace across the pool. The lift was working - not sure how long it would keep going judging by the noises and vibration. The suite was OK, overlooking the pool. The door lock worked sometimes without a hefty push. The whole hotel is very tired looking. The sheets were not clean so we called reception to ask for them to be changed - it was lateish in the evening - we were told to live with it until morning. I went to reception to collect fresh sheets and pillowcases without too much fuss. Next morning was breakfast - well, tea (2 choices - decaf or non decaf) coffee, bread ( two choices - brown or white sliced) some very small cake looking things. The fruit was banana. There were packets of instant porridge - make your own. Fruit juice came out of a machine. There was a cooked breakfast - flat eggs (looked like very thin, yellow oat cakes) and some very dry small sausages. There was a do-it-yourself waffle maker there as well. I decided on cereal so I took my polystyrene bowl and made the choice between the two type of cereal, next I took my polystyrene plate to the hot counter for hot breakfast and had to decide whether to have the flat egg and dry sausage., or not There was also a cool cabinet with yoghurt and semi-frozen hard boiled eggs. One advantage of this type of breakfast is that you do not have to worry about making choices! For one morning it may have been OK - however, we were there for 6 nights - The breakfast was included in the room rate, however, that is no excuse for the poor offering, polystyrene plates and cheep plastic cutlery. You self cleared the tables and I never saw anyone from the staff wiping down used tables.

Room Tip: If you want a good room - don't stay here
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Marlene E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Santo Domingo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Nice and clean hotel,2 flat TV,good wifi,bathroom clean,matress very good, perfect location and price.The room was big with living and sofa.The location was perfect for Universal and Inl. Drive ,very safe. I make a late checking and the from desk waiting for me.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JAMorillo
Orland, Maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

I'm here now. It's a freaking nightmare! My kids are crying because they feel unsafe. I won't even use bathroom because it's bad. We will never stay at another! We booked and prepaid so we feel stuck!

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Bbshep

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

In rush I booked Quality Suites by mistake. To figure out of what I did, I logged to TripAdvisor and read reviews that scared hell out of me. 48% approval rate is very low, way lover then I would take a chance, knowing it before booking. And here what I found just on arrival. Nice place with courteous and professional front desk. With room keys in my hands, leaving belonging in my car, I checked the room first and............ and my doubt was gone. I stayed for two nights.
Both of them were good night sleep with fresh good quality comforter, clean bathroom, hot water, microwave, small fridge, two TV sets, no flat screen, (so what?)
In the morning I had good hot breakfast with variety selection, including waffle makers with long
line at the station (so what?) you could go and pick other items and there was plenty of them.
My experience here was more then good and if you consider the price, it's probably one of the best deal around. I do not write reviews often, just ONLY when I see injustice and such low approval rate is nothing but unfair for such nice and inexpensive place.

Room Tip: Take a chance once a while and you may discover something that others miss. Write reviews and let o...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Mark M
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife just took a short trip overnight from Tampa just for Universal's City Walk. We booked for outstanding rate from getaroom.com because if the proximity to Universal. I will say I had my reservations about this place, but simply just needed a spot to rest for the night. I will say when we got in the room it was a spacious king suite, with a living room like space. It had microwave, fridge, and bar area, plus couch and tv in that room. In the room with bed it had flat screen and regular room amenities. The shocker was the bathroom. Maybe they gave us the handicapp room but the bathroom was big enough to put a full size bed in it. Everything looked clean and was. We had no problems that night besides parking when we got back, but the receptionist let us park our car by the front door since there was a lack of parking on the property, so heads up. Overall good stay for me for one night.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank khouse11
Moncton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

I am a tour operator and have stayed at this hotel for the past three years for up to 3 weeks at a time with my group. It is true this is not a 4-star hotel but since Quality Inn bought this property last year they have done several upgrades to make this a more pleasant place to stay. They have replaced all mattresses, most of the couches, all new flat-screen TVs and just a few months ago have replaced carpets in all the rooms. I assure you that if this place was as bad as some of the reviews, my group would not keep coming back with me. Yes, everything may not be perfect but we find that if something needs to be looked after, housekeeping & maintenance are quick to accommodate and do it in a friendly manner. I do hope that the next thing they update is their breakfast!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank CHRIS L
Newark, Delaware
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

This place was ok, we stayed for 2 nights and it met our needs for the price. Room was a little outdated and the TVs definitely need to be upgraded. Of course since we were visiting Orlando we had no plans on spending much time in the room other than to sleep, so it met our needs there. I didn't like the fact that we could not check in an hour early without an additional fee, especially after a 17 hour car ride. The breakfast wasn't too bad, and we did not have any issues when we were there.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family