“Great location”

Ranked #262 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great location”
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

The location is so great, just off international drive, in the heart of everything. The hotel is nice and clean. It is showing its age and is in need of repair and remodeling. The grounds are so very pretty. The elevators are old and slow, only one was working during our stay. Unfortunately for everyone, guests and housekeepers, this was bad, since we all had to share and it's not that big. All of the rooms are suites which is really nice, our room had a separate living and bed area, which we enjoyed. All in all a nice stay, a good value.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank vraidemon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This hotel was in a great location at Universal Studios, many restaurants in area and a quick hop to I-4 as well as other main roads in the West Orlando area.
The prices are great for an all suite hotel, however it was a tad 'worn' in the rooms. The sofa was very old but bed was great and everything worked, e.g. refrigerator, microwave, 2 TVs.
I saw no sign of any security either in parking lot or hotel area with bothered me. There was very poor service but the complimentary breakfast was nice, on time and good variety of choices.
The maid service seemed adequate but nothing outstanding. I only found one elevator for a 7 level hotel (2 side by side) which resulted in long waits at time. Great place for a family with kids.

Room Tip: Make certain you are getting a two room suite and certainly the higher levels are less noisy, the po...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Robander2013
Elon, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 April 2014

They say you get what you pay for. Please keep that in mind if you book this hotel. It was cheap. Don't expect too much other than a safe place to stay conveniently located to Universal and you won't be disappointed.
The Pros: The staff was very nice and accommodating. I had no problem acquiring extra towels and pillows and a blanket from the front desk. The room was a good size. The water pressure in the shower was great and it did not do that horrible temperature-fluctuating thing you often get in cheap hotels. The room was super cheap. There was a fridge in the room. It was very easy access to Universal. There was a buffet breakfast included. There was a free shuttle to Disney and Universal. The pool was pretty nice and open until midnight. I felt safe. Unlike some of the other reviewers - my room did not smell bad. Room 407. Onsite "store" for purchasing snacks. Most of the employees spoke Spanish or Portuguese.

The Cons: Horrible 1970's decor. Scratchy blankets and comforters. Rust stains in the bathroom. Rickety toilet. Only one ice maker located on the first floor. Very slow elevators. The public smoking section is right outside the lobby so there was always a line of smokers relaxing on the porch in chairs. I don't care if people smoke - but it was kinda nasty to have to walk through the smoke cloud to get into the lobby. Many of our power outlets did not work which was a pain for charging items.
The Breakfast: We were there for four days and it was the same daily - Toast, cold hard boiled eggs, yogurt, sausage patties, frozen egg patties (one day they were still frozen), make your own waffles (this is your BEST bet), oatmeal packets, coffee (no splenda or equal - only sugar and the pink stuff). Fruit loops and corn flakes.
All in all we really don't care where we stay as the room is just for sleeping. Feeding the four of us was a big plus even if the food wasn't great. I felt like I got what I paid for and was not disappointed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank SherrieARC
Margate, Florida
Reviewed 8 April 2014

After reading the other reviews I was really nervous. I booked here because it was close to the convention center where we were having our competition and needed to fit five people in a room. Everything was super when we arrived. Check in was very quick and we were able to check in a little early. The room was very clean with plenty of room. The free breakfast wasn't gourmet but it was simple enough to feed us. It wasn't overly crowded like other reviews said, plenty of seating and food. The girls enjoyed swimming in the pool and housekeeping made sure that we had enough towels. Check out was fast and easy.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Tyjessa9901
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This hotel is in a great location within easy walking distance to international drive. The staff I dealt with (Andre was one) were very good and hospitable. The outside of the hotel looks well kept, when you walk in it is nicely kept. the breakfast area was nice. The rooms are standard motel boxy types. Nothing to write home about, nothing to fear. For $70, it was fine for myself and my sons. If my wife and daughter were with us, the gates of hell would've been opened. First, it advertises cable tv and free wifi. Half the cable tv channels were snowy and the wifi was sporadic, but they did have cable and wifi. Now I would expect in Orlando to have an air conditioned room. I don't think it dropped below 78 though it pumped all night. I had a feeling when first entering the room, something was wrong with the AC. In any case, we left and came back and by 11pm with the howls of my sons, I decided to call and see if we could get another room. Poor Andre was still working the desk and answered after about 8 minutes of rings (by the way, that was something else I noticed. Good staff but very few of them). The place was sold out, which I believed and there was no other room available. So I told my sons to tough it out and we sweated the night away. Andre's note about the broken A/C must not have been in our file as we checked out without an ask on how our stay was or any offer of deduction in the price. While I lamented the downfall of American corporate business ethics and looked at the motto of Quality Suites on the wall that promised an excellent night's stay, the lovely young lady handed me my receipt with the extra $3.25 resort fee, whatever that was. Oh well, it served its purpose and I believe I was just simply glad it was men's night in survivor hotel. If my women folk had been with me, they would have been miserable and oh boy, would we have had a fun, relaxing night in Orlando. Needless to say, I will pay a little more next time and not be returning to the "Quality Suites" the next time we're in town.

Room Tip: Leave your expectations behind.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Daniel P

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2014

The outside looks fairly good. Free parking when you can. Check-in was OK and our room was on the 5th terrace across the pool. The lift was working - not sure how long it would keep going judging by the noises and vibration. The suite was OK, overlooking the pool. The door lock worked sometimes without a hefty push. The whole hotel is very tired looking. The sheets were not clean so we called reception to ask for them to be changed - it was lateish in the evening - we were told to live with it until morning. I went to reception to collect fresh sheets and pillowcases without too much fuss. Next morning was breakfast - well, tea (2 choices - decaf or non decaf) coffee, bread ( two choices - brown or white sliced) some very small cake looking things. The fruit was banana. There were packets of instant porridge - make your own. Fruit juice came out of a machine. There was a cooked breakfast - flat eggs (looked like very thin, yellow oat cakes) and some very dry small sausages. There was a do-it-yourself waffle maker there as well. I decided on cereal so I took my polystyrene bowl and made the choice between the two type of cereal, next I took my polystyrene plate to the hot counter for hot breakfast and had to decide whether to have the flat egg and dry sausage., or not There was also a cool cabinet with yoghurt and semi-frozen hard boiled eggs. One advantage of this type of breakfast is that you do not have to worry about making choices! For one morning it may have been OK - however, we were there for 6 nights - The breakfast was included in the room rate, however, that is no excuse for the poor offering, polystyrene plates and cheep plastic cutlery. You self cleared the tables and I never saw anyone from the staff wiping down used tables.

Room Tip: If you want a good room - don't stay here
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Marlene E
Santo Domingo
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Nice and clean hotel,2 flat TV,good wifi,bathroom clean,matress very good, perfect location and price.The room was big with living and sofa.The location was perfect for Universal and Inl. Drive ,very safe. I make a late checking and the from desk waiting for me.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple