Stayed the weekend of July 11th while visiting family in the area. As the title suggests there was good, bad and ugly in this stay.
The Good: The room was very clean and spacious with a sitting area with sofa near the entrance and a bedroom/vanity in the rear of the room separated by a door from the sitting area. Add a kitchen (the room did have a microwave and refrigerator) and the room would be like a small apartment. All the furnishings were clean and in decent shape. The bathroom was spotless and appeared to have had a make over recently as the floor tile and the bathtub and wall tile appeared to be new and *not* a liner over an old tub like you see in a lot of places. The grounds were well kept and had some refurbishment going on at the time of my stay. The hotel is also in a good location with easy walking access to a number of restaurants and bars along International Drive and Sand Lake Road but far enough from them to be a quiet location.
The Bad: The wifi did not work my entire stay. When I finally got a number for the technical support (had to go to the front desk and get it from the agent), they (tech support) were of no help and used the excuse that there was a lot of users on the system. If that were the case, I still should have been able to access the internet even if it was slow - most times my computer just said connected to Quality Inn, no internet access. As for contacting the tech support, I had to use my cell phone to do so because neither phone in the room worked - no dial tone when picking up the receiver; even after connecting the phones to the wall properly (phone end of the wire was plugged into the data port on the phone). When I complained of the wifi issues at checkout, the girl suggested that the routers probably needed to be restarted. Why the tech support couldn't have done this while I was on the phone with him is beyond me - tech support at other hotels I have stayed at could do this. Also in the, "bad," category was the, "hot," tub which was luke warm at best and had a very weak flow from the jets. Maybe the fact that the water level was below that of the skimmer played a role in that. There was also a few leaves and a couple of insects floating in the hot tub.
The ugly: the elevators. I stayed on the 7th floor and the elevators leave a lot to be desired. There are two of them where the two wings of the hotel meet. Both were slow to respond to calls and were very shaky while travelling up and down. Several times when the elevator reached a floor, they would spend a moment moving up and down slightly several times before the doors would finally open. Several people that rode on the elevators when I did commented about how they operated. How they pass state inspection is a mystery to me.
In closing, for the price I paid, this place could be a great value if the owners would improve a few things like the internet and maintain things like the elevators and the hot tub better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All suite property one block off International Drive with easy access to Universal Studios, Sea World, Disney World. Our 154 spacious suites overlook a lushly landscaped courtyard with an outdoor pool and hot tub. Each is equipped with two televisions, microwave, refrigerator, wet bar, hairdryer and individual coffeemaker, complimentary hot buffet breakfast, local calls, high-speed Internet access and transportation to Universal Studios and Sea World. On site laundry facilities and gift shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon so you can book your Canada Drive Hotel and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lexington Suites Orlando Near Universal Hotel Orlando
- Canada Drive Hotel And Suites Orlando, Florida