“Close to Universal”
Review of Hilton Garden Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Orlando
Hilton Garden Inn
Ranked #249 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Shelby, Ohio
“Close to Universal”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Our family stayed here for almost a week in 2010. The hotel was clean and the beds & linens were top notch. We enjoyed the pool almost every evening. The staff was friendly & very helpful. We utilized the airport shuttle and free theme park transportation services.

Room Tip: In general, at any hotel, never stay in a room across from the elevators, vending area or stairwell!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Ellenton, Florida, USA
Reviewed 16 January 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn, in Orlando is a place that I have stayed at over the last few years. Recently they completed a renovation and I must admit, makes the stay much nicer. Gym is wonderful if your looking for a place that can help you stay in shape. Tiki Bar, helps at the end of the day and "all" the employees are friendly and helpful. The front desk actually knows me by name, wow, customer service is really a practice here. Good nights resting place.

Room Tip: Beds are comfortable and the gym facilities are new.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Great place for an Orlando Get-away. Once the remodeling is complete (mostly pool area) it is the perfect place for Sea World, But only a few miles from Disney and Universal. ALSO very near International Drive (The nice part of Int drive.) near Ripley's, Pirate Adventure, TREASURE TAVERN (a must do for Adults... get a sitter), and Wonderworks. Fo to the end of International Drive and visit the Outlet Mall!
The Service is Fabulous and the rooms Clean and comfy! You pay for breakfast, but it is well worth it!
Use your own car for Transport (The hotel's Transport to Universal and Disney is limited! But Sea World is good!) and don't forget your Hilton Rewards Card! (No I do not work for Hilton, but I am in the Travel industry and know the worth of all the rewards from the hotels!)
I would Certainly stay here again and again!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 October 2012 via mobile

I gave this hotel an average rating only because the front desk and breakfast area employees did an excellent job while the hotel is in need of a remodel. Traveling with family to Universal (close by) and the carpet needs replacing and new paint to cover the wall marks in the rooms.

Breakfast was great (free for Hilton Diamond status). Will have to skip this hotel on next visit.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn American Way in Orlando at the end of August and I really enjoyed
my stay and all that the place has to offer, the staff was really friendly and helpful, the room was neat and clean, the pool area was very cool and relaxing. The only negative thing I have to mention is the car service that the hotel uses as their primary transportation service and I believe the company name is "New Way" is a bad reflection on the hotel. Me and my colleague were attending a conference at the orange county convention center and had used their service a couple of times and we were really appalled by their luck of customer service. First of all, we were charged almost double the price of the fare from the hotel to the convention center not only that but each time we used the service the drivers were very rude, unprofessional and were on the cellular phone most of the time and drove like maniacs as if they were in a big hurry to drop us off and rush for another fare ! And at the end they kind of demanded that we pay $18 when we told them that the rate was only $10 for the return from the conference center the previous night ! I'd recommend staying at hotel but I definitely advice against using their transportation service.\
M.F

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 9 April 2012

If you're looking for a nice, comfortable hotel near UCF in Orlando, this is a good place to stay. If you are staying with a group, like I did, you may be able to get free breakfast coupons for their continental breakfast, which was nice. The rooms were very comfortable with mini-fridges, microwaves and beds on which you could change the pressure. Pool area is nice, although the hot tub is really, really small...but who really cares about that. Hotel is close to UCF, which is the only reason I stayed there. It is also near a lot of your big, chain restaurants and stores, although since Orlando is really not a walkable city, you still basically have to drive everywhere. Hotel staff was friendly and they have a convenient store type 'pantry' that is open 24/7 to buy snacks, drinks, toiletries, etc.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Very comfortable and spacious, great service, I wish I could bring their bed home....very clean and organized. Attention to the details. I would recommend for my best friend.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple