“Excellent Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bombay Cafe

Bombay Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Bombay Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #826 of 3,762 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Miami
“Excellent Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

This is really a very excellent restaurant. It is only vegetarian. My sister and I are such big carnivores we wanted to walk out when we heard this but stayed because we didn't want to offend anyone.

Couldn't be HAPPIER that we did!

We didn't understand a word on the menu but the people at the counter were very helpful in guiding us.

Ordered
-Samosas- Big puffy fried triangles filled with curried potato and peas. Excellent
-Garlic Naan- Big flat bread with puffy air holes in it and garlic on top. Great
-Paneer Chilli- Our favorite of the night. Lightly fried cottage cheese platter. The whole idea of doing this is just plain ingenious. Tasted JUST like chicken and so much better than tofu. We were extremly surprised that something without meat could be so solidly tasty that we didn't miss it.
-Paneer 65- Very good but not as good as the Paneer Chilli
-Chai tea- Not bad but different. Tasted like hot water with some milk thrown in and Indian spices.
-Some vegetable balls served in a sweetish coconut curry sauce with white rice. Very good. Dont remember the name.

Don't let the fact that it's in a shady area fool you. Food is simply superior. They give you a lot for the $. Quality is great and we will be coming back first chance!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Tigerlilli0

Winter Haven, Florida
“Good so far”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

I went to the Bombay Cafe this past weekend for the first time. Found it by accident when I went to pick up some spices and movies at the other stores in the building. I ordered Dum Aloo Chettinad - Very good and flavorful. My husband had Kathi Roll and Missal Pav and enjoyed them both. The service was good and friendly. The cafe was clean, well lit and quiet. I look forward to going back and trying more dishes!

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank AmberQu
Orlando, Florida
“one word AMAZING :D”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2010

The paneer tikka masala with the naan and rice was amazing! The flavors were just right on the spice not to heavy nor to mild. Tasted like it was homemade just for me and the atmosphere truly amazing. to top it all off i had the mango lassie and it was simply out of this world!! this could be my new place to go :)

1 Thank julissaguiza
San Antonio, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent food cheap prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2010

i went to bombay cafe ..............actually we had gone to the indian grocery store house of spices .........and we saw this small restaurant tugged at the corner of this plaza.........
my wife forced me to go so here i was ..........its a quaint little place
we had to take the menu to the counter and order there ,...................the menu was so complicated(to me of course!!!!) but the other indian ppl there had no problems
but anyways the server there was superhelpful and we ordered paper dosa ..............(that rice crepe was humongous big............wow) it was really good and my wife ordered gobi manchurian .....................man the food is really good , our total was hardly 15 bucks and we were full and satisfied.....................
awesome place