“Yuck!!!!”

Dining options: Reservations
Calgary, Canada
“Yuck!!!!”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My family was looking for a seafood restaurant in Tampa and we found City Fish! MISTAKE! May have been the worst food I have EVER paid for. Such a shame because the oysters were fresh and the scallops and salmon were fresh and beautiful. Unfortunately these poor beasties sacrificed their lives to be crucified by a chef with an affinity for globby, tasteless and COLD 'white wine with lemon' sauce! Yuck, yuck, yuck!!! Should have left after the oysters.......
My advice is order your seafood GRILLED WITH NO SAUCE

• Visited February 2014

“Very good seafood and a great location”
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

Good fresh seafood, attentive service and in downtown Orlando's trendiest neighborhood. Grilled snapper over a crisp salad with excellent citrus vinaigrette dressing. Grouper "cheeks" fried and served as fish and chips as well as good low country boiled peel and eat shrimp all were sampled and all were winners. Good people watching spot in Thornton a Park.

Visited October 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Good but not great!”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Our favorite restaurant in downtown Orlando, Hue closed down so we decided to try their sister property CIyFish. When you walk in the restaurant is casual and you can tell it's a fish restaurant by the decor and smell.
The bar has a decent selection - they din't have a happy hour the night we were there but the price of beer was fair.
For an appetizer we got Seafood Corn Chowder - which was far from chowder and more like a gumbo. We got minimal corn and minimal fish in it. It was a lot of potato. It wasn't creamy but clear. The flavor was decent though.
The fish tacos were tasty and fair priced for $12. They use the scraps of fish for the tacos and a mix of different fish. Also had a Cesar salad with grilled shrimp. It was an additional $9 for 5 tiny little shrimp - a real rip off. There wasn't much salad in the bowl either.
Overall the portions were skimpy for the price and the quality of the food was average. We were there at 7:30 on a Saturday night and there were only a handful of people. This one is probably going down the same road as Hue. Sad.

• Visited October 2013
Orlando, FL
“If I had a time machine....”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stopped here on a Sat night after 8. The place wasn't terribly busy but the outside tables were busy. It was a nice night so we chose to sit outside. We were able to place our orders and get our beverages rather quickly. 25 min after we placed our horderves request it showed up at the table but not after a different service attempted to get us to order the same thing by offering a sample dish???? The calamari were "ok"... I've had better and I've had worse. 45 minutes after the server walked away with our order our main dishes showed up. I had blackened Mahi and my wife has a shrimp caesar salad. These are not menu items that take a lot of time nor was it busy. In fact two other tables near us that the patrons were seated 15 minutes after us had their food and were finishing up. When the waiter asked if there was anything else he could get me I told him "A time machine so I could get back the last hour". I really didn't feel like eating after all that. The staff did go the manager and take my dish off the bill but he didn't come out and offer an explanation at all.
There are too many other restaurants here in town that have better food and service.

• Visited October 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Seafood Choice”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

$.75 oyster happy hour can't be beat. Fresh, cold and tasty oysters, cheap beer and in the middle of Central Park.

• Visited September 2013