“Love the lobster”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Garden Grove

The Garden Grove
Reserve with OpenTable
The Garden Grove is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #897 of 3,762 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: US$18 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The SWAN and DOLPHIN resorts are not Disney properties, but are in DisneyWorld. Both have excellent restaurants and are included in the Disney transportation routes.
Fort Myers, Florida
“Love the lobster”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The Friday night seafood buffet was great. On the buffet was onion soup and clam chowder (only luke-warm), salads, salmon, chicken, vegetables, large peel & eat shrimp, ceviche, clams, mussels, and more. They serve you a large stuffed Maine lobster that is split, and a bucket of fried shrimp and calamari. They also have a kids buffet area (I tried the mac & cheese - delicious). Price was $34.00 per person, which for the Disney area I thought was cheap.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank AUA11_12

• Korean first
Orlando
“Friday Sea Food Buffet Sink or Swim?”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

First off this is not a Disney owned hotel though it is on Disney property. Most of the restaurants in this swanky hotel are overpriced. On Fridays nights they have a seafood buffet which on their menu seems plentiful enough. Too bad all of what the say is on the buffet is not. For example, they advertise scallops, which were nowhere to be found. The buffet itself is not one of those large buffet tables with everything on the earth available it is limited but ample. The focus here is on FRESH. Their crab legs are very good but you may have to wait because they dont bring out enough that some will get cold legs. They try and keep them fresh and hot. Their peel and eat shrimp is divine, their stuffed 1/2 lobster is worth the price alone (if you want all you can eat it will cost you $20.00 more) They have delicious fresh and fried butterfly shrimp which was outstanding. Their carb selections were forgettable, mashed potatoes, Paella which was dry and a seafood pasta which was fairly tasty. a few kid selections which I did not sample. Warning drinks are not included and you have to pay for parking so add $16 bucks for that. The deserts were sinful and the chocolate bomb was powerfully good. All in all a fairly good dinner. But the rest of the week stay out and eat somewhere else. The Swan and Dolphin hotels which are part of the complex are magnificent to look at and marvel.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank oldtimernr
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Never again, complete rip off!”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Nothing on the adult menu appealed to me, and they wouldn't allow me to order off the kid menu! After paying the $70+ bill for my all you can eat soup and salad I was furious! You cannot get the soup and salad alone they force you to buy a meal too. The kiddo had noodles and sauce and I had the prime rib which I had to send back because it was too rare. All the entrees were similar in price. Baked potato was scorched as well. Total rip off and will never dine here again!!!

1 Thank TotandMom
Fort Lauderdale, FL
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Please find another place to spend your money!”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Please review the very limited dinner menu before going. Limited, expensive, and food is mediocre. I was so excited booking a character dinner with my 5,10,15 years old. Sadly the character was Pluto circling 3x around and Goofy once, a matter of 35 seconds with only 4 other dining families.
Took 10 mins for us to get a side of barbecue sauce for kids chicken fingers (which cost about 22+ for 2)

1 Thank Beginningtotravel
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have stayed at WDW at least 4 times a year for the last 10 years, but I have never been to the Garden Grove. I chose this restaurant because they had Disney characters at dinner for my grandson. I had no expectations for the food (I am from Chicago and we have great food - not so in the theme parks!). We were not there on a dining plan, but did use the Tables of Wonderland card. I found the cost average - $9 for my glass of wine, maybe $40 each for the dinner. The restaurant was surprisingly good. It was not crowded or noisy - like most restaurants with children. This is exactly as Taniah026 states, however I disagree with her for everything else. The personnel were excellent, giving us outstanding service. Garden Grove restaurant is unusual in that you have a choice of 4 entrees with 2 sides. You make your salad and it is tossed by a chef. I put together my salad from a large choice of items. I almost missed half of the ingredients because they were past the chef who tossed the salad.The chef recommended trying the bacon vinaigrette. It was unusual and outstanding. The clam chowder also had bacon and reminded me of chowder that I have in the northwest. I had a bacon jam with my bread - it was made at the restaurant and very good! My blackened salmon was done to perfection. The dessert bar had a variety of luscious desserts, including a caramel creme which was my favorite. I believe that this meal was much better than the standard bland food that you usually get at WDW establishments - remember that they generally play to the least common denominator. Now, as for parking, the charge is $18. I was really hot about this when I got to the restaurant (especially considering that we are annual pass holders with free parking), but the desk personnel immediately gave me a validation for the total cost. I had already complained to the front desk at the hotel and the concierge at the Swan - they were completely unhelpful. I would definitely return to Garden Grove and will consider it as an option at WDW. Now, if you want great food - start looking at some of the smaller restaurants in the area - specifically in Winter Park, Casselberry, and even Sanford. But, if you are at the parks and you have had a long hot day, Garden Grove is a nice option. For comparison, the only WDW restaurants that I would rate as a 5 would be Canada's Le Cellier or the Contemporary's California Grill.

1 Thank Kwnac