“Exceeded Expectation...”

Allure Resort International Drive Orlando
Ranked #308 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 25 July 2011

The service was great, they even provided a small toothpaste for my 5nights stay...although I was barely in the room because I came for a convention, it felt good to come back to the cleaned up hotel room after a long day...The only negative thing was that breakfast was not included in my package so I had to pay for that separately...otherwise, it was a lovely experience.....they even had a microwave, fridge, television (which I barely watched), and we can't forget the wireless....what I like most were the multiple entrances into the hotel especially the ones closest to the parking lot...if needed, I will definitely come back to this Radisson...

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Rhi_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Allure Resort International Drive Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2011

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for making our Radisson your choice in Orlando

Write a ReviewReviews (1,599)

Reviewed 25 July 2011

Having stayed at many Radisson Hotels throughout the world, and all of them been of exceptional standards, I assumed that I could expect the same globally. Not so, I am of the absolute opinion that within the Hotel Brand itself, things are poles apart. European Hotels are truly high standard, but in America and Central America things do appear to deteriorate. The Radisson St.George in Belize was not the worst, but the Radisson on International Drive, takes the biscuit. It reminds me of a typical bucket and spade place where families can crowd into a room and be satisfied, because their main focus is Disneyland. Flashing signs reading $79 per night and then you receive a bill for $129 plus state tax, plus room tax. My maxim is " A good meal is never expensive but a bad one is". I will not bore you reiterating all the mix ups, as it would put Faulty Towers in the shade. I must admit that after numerous complaints, I was reimbursed for some of the discrepancies, for which I am glad. I know there is another Radisson in Buena Vista which does appear to have a more up market appeal.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2011

This hotel has gone down hill. We have stayed at this hotel 3 times in the last 5 years in 2006 for vacation and it was excellent, great service and great location even when tthe name changed to Orlando Metropolitan Resort in 2008. But our last stay 5/2011 the two elevators were damaged, it was missing front end caps to where the wood was exposed and it wasn't level with the ground. Major hazard. My husband tripped getting into the elevators twice. All of the drink machines on ALL FLOORS worked, all out of order. We will definitely not coming back to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Stayed here for my trip to see "Atlantis" launch. Had a special request at check-in and it was taken care of right away. The sleep number bed was a blessing as I prefer a firm mattress. The room was spacious. Only complaint was shower water pressure was low. The manager e-mailed me and informed me that they ordered new shower heads for the entire property. Would stay here again, perhaps when Atlantis is on display at Kennedy Space Center.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank jiminsc

Thank you for your Review and we are looking forward to your next visit with us to visit Kennedy Space Center.

Reviewed 6 July 2011

Only stayed here for 2 nights after a conference and actually spent most of one of the days at Sea World so I can't effectively rate this entire hotel. From what we experienced though - the room & a short time at the pool - I can comment on those.

Got the room at a great rate on Priceline - though I would argue their star rating is probably high for this hotel.

Room was decent - clean. There were no bath towels in the bathroom and had to call 2x to have them sent up. Sleep Number beds were a nice feature. The TV in the room was old - no flat screen here. Couldn't really move the TV for viewing in different parts of the room. The desk chair was gross - old, with lots of stains.

The pool was dirtly. Went 2x and each time the water was cloudy with visible debris/hair. The condition of the pool seemed a bit below average as well. It's funny - they have pictures in their elevator lobbies of the pool and pool bar ("Ripples") where the picture is clearly a stock photo of somewhere else!

$10/day "resort fee" for "parking" and "YMCA access". Really unnecessary as parking wasn't monitored or an issue any way. They should just roll that stuff into the room rates.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank HarryDVC
Rhi_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Allure Resort International Drive Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2011

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that u can meet or exceed our guest expectations.

Reviewed 2 July 2011

They should not call a room an "Executive Suite" when it's not a suite. In the U.S., a suite means more than one room. It does not mean one room with a bedroom and living area combined. That is called a studio. If you're traveling with your family, I would not recommend this hotel. My husband, our 9 year-old, and I stayed on 6/27/11. The "sleeper sofa" was a tiny twin bed with a very thin mattress that was very uncomfortable. There were 2 large flat screen TVs, but only about 10 feet apart, which made it impossible to watch both at once. I called the front desk and asked for an upgrade with a separate bedroom. The clerk said there was no such room in the entire hotel. Also, there was hardly any water pressure in the shower (although there was in the tub faucet, which means they either had a "water saver" gadget in the shower head or it was clogged with lime deposits, which happens often in Florida. We had reserved for 2 nights, but did not stay the additional night. The room was only $89/night, so if you want something inexpensive and don't mind staying in the same room with your children, it might work for you. We went to the Marriott Residence Inn/Seaworld, where we had stayed before, and got the suite we intended to get.

Room Tip: There are no real suites in this hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2011

This was a great value for the room and location - we had a king room with a sitting area, two TVs, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and sleep number bed for about $65/night. Definitely can't complain about the value. But some little things kept this from being a well-run hotel. The entire time we were there (4 days) they were out of coffee packets for the rooms. You can't tell me that even if someone screwed up and didn't get the coffee ordered on time they couldn't have gone to the grocery store and bought some to tide people over. The relatively minor expense of going to a nearby grocery store and getting coffee for the rooms would've gone a long way towards easing grumpy hotel guests who had to go to the deli to buy (plain) coffee for $2.50/cup. And when we arrived there were no toiletries in the room - not even bar soap. When we asked at the front desk they said they were out but she got a security guard to go into an empty room and grab us some soap. The last day we were there we finally got what I assume to be a full set of toiletries (2 bars of soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and a box of kleenix). These were relatively minor things, but to me, indicative of a poorly managed hotel.

The walls were very thin and our "luck of the draw" was that during our stay we had two different families next to us - one that liked to get up early (5:30) and talk loudly and another that liked to stay up late (2:00) and slam doors, talk loudly, and laugh - so we didn't get much sleep.

That said, the employees seemed helpful and happy and the amenities (sleep number beds, flat screen tvs, nice pool area, etc.) made this hotel well above average and and an excellent value for the price. They've got the big things right.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MinneapolisPeeker

Thank you for your review. We will fine tune our operation in order to continue to exceed our guest expectations.