“Nice hotel right in the middle of the action”

Allure Resort International Drive Orlando
Ranked #306 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 31 July 2011

The Raddisson was perfect for hour honeymoon. It is right off on I-drive and within walking distance of all sorts of attractions. Across the street was Ripley's Believe it or Not, a Mystery dinner theater, and WaterWorks ( the upside-down building). Really close to the convention center as well. There are a bunch of great restaurants and bars to check out at night. TuTu Tango was one of our favs and the Ice Bar is pretty neat too.
There were trolleys and busses you can take up and down I-drive as well. There were free bus services to Universal Studios, Wet and Wild, Disney and other places. The concierge had discount tickets and booked a few things for us too.
The only complaint I had was the $10 daily fee for the workout facilities. There was no option to opt out of it. With so much to do around town, we never even saw it. I think it should be made optional instead of charging us no matter what.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Rhi_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Allure Resort International Drive Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2011

Thank you for staying us for your Honeymoon. We really appreciate your business

Write a ReviewReviews (1,587)

Reviewed 28 July 2011

A few things to contemplate before you book your stay. Location is great. Easy walking distance to restaurants and grocery store. The Brickhouse, restaurant across parking lot, had great food and service. The Radisson was offering a cheaper walk up rate than I received through Orlandovacations.com and the hotel or Orlandovacations need to update their respective package as the breakfast deals mentioned weren't honored at the hotel....ie breakfast buffet for 9.00 and kids 10 and under eat free. Check in went well. Both the desh personnel and the help desk were very nice. Hotel cleanliness wasn't an issue. I did have to ask for towels as our room only had one at check in. The instructions for the in room safe weren't updated to the new safes and I couldn't figure out how to use it. I asked the front desk and called the front desk for directions and they kept telling me they'd send someone up but they never showed. Trying to hit the parks and work within the safe guys schedule never worked so never touched the safe again. It would be a simple thing to update the intructions and at least keep a copy at the desk. I will agree with the review about the transportation to the parks. It was not what I was expecting and it was first come first serve. No air conditioning and I'm not quite sure it's legal for people to be standing in the buss barreling down the intersate doing 65. We made it work but it could be explained better. The bus driver was very nice and patient. The walls in the rooms are quite thin we had to knock several times to quiet the neighbors. Every time we came back to the room there were several pizza coupons left under our door....we tried the NY pizza restaurant and the pizza arrived 20 minutes after the hour quoted and was the worst pizza I've ever tried to eat. If the hotel allows them to pass out their coupons and menus the hotel should stand behind the companies it allows to come on premise. The gal at the snack/coffee counter couldn't have been any nicer or courteous. Last but not least there is a 10/day resort fee and when I got home I found I'd been charged 189.00 for something I'm still trying to figure out. I spent an hour on the phone being passed from person to person trying to find someone who could reverse the charge. The bill slipped under my door the morining of my departure only quoted the resort fee which I paid in cash. Have left a message with the customer service manager but haven't heard back as of yet.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for your review and we will fine tune our operations in order to exceed our guest expectations. In regards to the Pizza coupons, none of them are approved by the hotel including NY Pizza.

Reviewed 25 July 2011

The service was great, they even provided a small toothpaste for my 5nights stay...although I was barely in the room because I came for a convention, it felt good to come back to the cleaned up hotel room after a long day...The only negative thing was that breakfast was not included in my package so I had to pay for that separately...otherwise, it was a lovely experience.....they even had a microwave, fridge, television (which I barely watched), and we can't forget the wireless....what I like most were the multiple entrances into the hotel especially the ones closest to the parking lot...if needed, I will definitely come back to this Radisson...

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for making our Radisson your choice in Orlando

Reviewed 25 July 2011

Having stayed at many Radisson Hotels throughout the world, and all of them been of exceptional standards, I assumed that I could expect the same globally. Not so, I am of the absolute opinion that within the Hotel Brand itself, things are poles apart. European Hotels are truly high standard, but in America and Central America things do appear to deteriorate. The Radisson St.George in Belize was not the worst, but the Radisson on International Drive, takes the biscuit. It reminds me of a typical bucket and spade place where families can crowd into a room and be satisfied, because their main focus is Disneyland. Flashing signs reading $79 per night and then you receive a bill for $129 plus state tax, plus room tax. My maxim is " A good meal is never expensive but a bad one is". I will not bore you reiterating all the mix ups, as it would put Faulty Towers in the shade. I must admit that after numerous complaints, I was reimbursed for some of the discrepancies, for which I am glad. I know there is another Radisson in Buena Vista which does appear to have a more up market appeal.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2011

This hotel has gone down hill. We have stayed at this hotel 3 times in the last 5 years in 2006 for vacation and it was excellent, great service and great location even when tthe name changed to Orlando Metropolitan Resort in 2008. But our last stay 5/2011 the two elevators were damaged, it was missing front end caps to where the wood was exposed and it wasn't level with the ground. Major hazard. My husband tripped getting into the elevators twice. All of the drink machines on ALL FLOORS worked, all out of order. We will definitely not coming back to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Stayed here for my trip to see "Atlantis" launch. Had a special request at check-in and it was taken care of right away. The sleep number bed was a blessing as I prefer a firm mattress. The room was spacious. Only complaint was shower water pressure was low. The manager e-mailed me and informed me that they ordered new shower heads for the entire property. Would stay here again, perhaps when Atlantis is on display at Kennedy Space Center.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank jiminsc

Thank you for your Review and we are looking forward to your next visit with us to visit Kennedy Space Center.

Reviewed 6 July 2011

Only stayed here for 2 nights after a conference and actually spent most of one of the days at Sea World so I can't effectively rate this entire hotel. From what we experienced though - the room & a short time at the pool - I can comment on those.

Got the room at a great rate on Priceline - though I would argue their star rating is probably high for this hotel.

Room was decent - clean. There were no bath towels in the bathroom and had to call 2x to have them sent up. Sleep Number beds were a nice feature. The TV in the room was old - no flat screen here. Couldn't really move the TV for viewing in different parts of the room. The desk chair was gross - old, with lots of stains.

The pool was dirtly. Went 2x and each time the water was cloudy with visible debris/hair. The condition of the pool seemed a bit below average as well. It's funny - they have pictures in their elevator lobbies of the pool and pool bar ("Ripples") where the picture is clearly a stock photo of somewhere else!

$10/day "resort fee" for "parking" and "YMCA access". Really unnecessary as parking wasn't monitored or an issue any way. They should just roll that stuff into the room rates.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank HarryDVC
Rhi_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Allure Resort International Drive Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2011

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that u can meet or exceed our guest expectations.