“Nice price and don't believe the negative comments!”

Allure Resort International Drive Orlando
Ranked #302 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
“Nice price and don't believe the negative comments!”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We stayed for two nights and I was so concerned after reading the reviews! I was pleasantly surprised! It was so convenient and close to everything! People at front desk were super nice! I would definitely come back! The price was great! It did not break the bank and we had a great stay!

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Skinsgal
Thomas K, Director of Sales at Allure Resort International Drive Orlando, responded to this review, 30 October 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments. We do strive to make every guest experience a memorable one. Come back and see us soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Our goal was to find a vacation hotel in Orlando from Thursday to Monday and to get a chance to explore Disney's Magic Kingdom and Universal Studios. We booked this package through Hotwire, not realizing that we would get to the hotel at 12 when check-in time was at 4. We had to wait until 2 pm but they offered to hold our bags as we waited. Thankfully unlike most of the reviews we've read we got a great room. The sleep number beds didn't work but we didn't expect them to. The bathroom had a lot of space and the air conditioning was working well. The little café in the lobby was great. We decided to check out the pool...although I agree it is a bit too dangerous (the fact that anybody can enter...) it was a large size and clean. I wouldn't call this hotel a "resort" I think that is misleading. There are a lot of places you can walk to especially gift shops, a supermarket, and restaurants. If you are looking for a place to sleep after theme parks or an eventful day, this is the place for you. If you are looking for a place to spend most of your vacation in, this is not the place for you. Be sure to download the Uber and Lyft apps as they saved us a lot of money compared to the overpriced cabs Allure Resort offered!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FrancoCecilia P
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I got this hotel on Priceline so I did not choose it voluntarily. After reading the reviews, I was really concerned, especially after seeing the picture of the bugs in the bed. Some of the stuff is true and some is not. This is my experience.

I stayed there from 8/22/14 to 8/24/14 (I checked out today). After reading that the employees were not nice, I was expecting a problem there. There is an expression that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, so I decided to go in with a friendly attitude. The front desk staff was very nice, no problem there. I had some problems with my room - first, there was a problem with the sound on the big flat screen TV in the room - it was distorted and "fuzzy" sounding, as if someone turned the volume up high and blew out the speakers. The front desk sent maintenance up and this guy said no, it was a signal problem, even though the picture was just fine. He said he was going to work with the switches or something. It had no effect and was still a problem.

The second problem was that the air conditioning (A/C) did not cool below 75 degrees at night, although I had the thermostat set to 66. I did not realize this until about 2am, when I woke up really warm. I called the front desk and the guy said he would send maintenance first thing in the morning. I was in town for a seminar and when I returned to my room, it was 78 degrees. I called the front desk about it and I got a different room. It had a much smaller TV but it worked properly. Unfortunately, the A/C did not work in this room either. The room did get to 73 degrees but if I set the thermostat for 66, I expect the temp in the room to be much colder than 73. The air blowing out of the vent was only a little cool, as if it needed refrigerant, so the room was never going to cool down. Again, maintenance came by and said that it is being worked on by other people (but not right now), that the unit was as big as my room and he couldn't just hook up a tank and add refrigerant (even though he says he is A/C certified), that it needed a part that costs $15,000.

The beds in both rooms were sleep number and none of the controls worked on any of the beds. No bugs, though!

The elevators in the building I was in were working just fine but the certificates had expired on 8/1/2014 - 3 weeks earlier. I told the front desk about it and they said they had been inspected but were waiting to get the new certificates.

In another review, someone mentioned that the security feature on the doors to the building did not work, that you did not need to swipe your card to get in to the interior corridor. This is partially true. On the back entrance to the building, it did not work - anyone could walk in but on the entrance/door closest to I-drive, that one did work and you did need to swipe your room card.

I did not check out the pool as I did not have time. I also did not check out the restaurant.

They do charge a $10 resort fee per night, in addition to the room rate, which I expected after reading the reviews. I just checked my credit card online and found a very different charge. I just got off the phone with them and a manager is supposed to call me back tomorrow to fix it. We shall see...

Pros: The rooms were (otherwise) very nice, clean, no bugs. The staff was pleasant.

Cons: Beds controls don't work. A/C doesn't cool the room. Hopefully, the elevator certificates are renewed and the billing issues get resolved.

This could easily be, at least, a 3 star hotel if they would fix the A/C. Would I stay here again? Maybe, if the A/C was fixed. Hope this helps.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Maria M
Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

I am a frequent Priceline customer, and I am not in the habit of negative reviews. If all you are looking for is a clean room, in a good location you will be fine here - but 3 1/2 stars indicates some luxury, and though this place is clean, but it is far from luxurious. My stay was not unpleasant, but the star level should be reduced for this hotel. The pool area is very VERY ran down. There was even an old push mower that was under a tree that looked like it had been there a while. I have never stayed at a 3 star that didn't offer poolside towels, but this 3 1/2 STAR had 0 poolside towels It appears that the pool area is shared by a couple of nearby hotels, including the YMCA. The luxurious fountain out front is overcome with weeds as well as most of the landscaping at the entrance of the property. For a 2 star hotel I tend to overlook some of those details, but for a 3 1/2 star resort, it is very subpar. Again, my stay was not unpleasant, this is just simply not what it is advertised to be. It's obvious that this place is under new ownership. It used to be a Radisson, but if the new ownership doesn't step up quickly, all of the negative reviews are going to push customers on down International Drive for a more pleasant experience. If nothing else, cut ties with that awful ran down pool, reduce this property to 2 1/2 stars, then I think your customers would feel as of they weren't misled.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed wed Aug 24th for $65/ night.
Went down to the bar and met some great people. Got to use my espanol on some local Cuban gals. Drinks were well priced.
The room was clean and the hotel seemed nice.

We stayed to visit Universal Studios.

Muy bien!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank R G
Erie, Colorado
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I booked our vacation through Expedia, and was told that everything was confirmed for a two night stay. When we left Denver our plane was delayed so we called the hotel from the airport before leaving and the day before to confirm our rooms. We were told everything was confirmed. We arrived in Florida 4 hours later. We went directly to the hotel to find out that our room was given away and they had no more rooms by a very unfriendly hotel employee and to come back in the morning to see if there was any rooms available. The man then just gave us a slip of paper and said go try this place. Which was a Quality Inn a mile way, It was a dump with dirty sheets and bugs and a soaking wet floor. I then tried calling Expedia to ask why our guaranteed room was given away and was hung up on three times. It was now 2 am and I was getting upset.
We returned to the hotel for an available room only to have to wait 2 hours for a manager Tom to tell us it would all be taken care of. Well Now Allure has double billed us and I am having to make long distant phone calls to correct.
Not only was the customer service at the front desk horrible the rooms were not all that they advertise.

Room Tip: Stay away!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Greg C
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

After booking this hotel and reading each and every review, I was quite leary and hesitant about my one week stay, I tried getting out of my prepaid stay, but couldn't. When I arrived, there were issues with the computer system and the check in process was a bit cumbersome, not to mention the very rude male front desk person. At this point I was exhausted and so was my family as we traveled all day. Finally got to my room, I was very surprised. The room was large, clean, cool, and comfortable. My one week stay was incident free and the location was Excellent. Rooms were cleaned well on a daily basis and staff was very friendly. The only issue I had was the key stopped working twice, but situation was addressed. So, overall it was a great stay amidst the.chaotic start. I would stay here.again. Now, it's not Perfect, but its very clean and.convenient to everything.

• Stayed August 2014