“Average”

Dragonfly Robata Grill & Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Dragonfly Robata Grill & Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #334 of 3,827 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sand Lake Road West & Della Drive
Description: Savory. Artful. Authentic. Dragonfly Robata Grill & Sushi uses the freshest ingredients available to create flavorful Japanese dishes and spirited concoctions. We provide friends, neighbors & family a place to gather and share thoughts. Share moments. Create meaningful connections.
“Average”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I had heard rave reviews about this restaurant. So my husband and I were excited to try it to celebrate our anniversary. We made a reservation and were seated promptly. We sat over 10 minutes with no one greeting us or even asking if we wanted water. The restaurant was not busy as it was a Monday evening so we were surprised. We finally asked a passing waiter if anyone had our section as no one had come by. A waitress finally came over and did apologize that we were overlooked. We ordered several sushi rolls and our waitress was very attentive.

The rolls overall were average. The best was the black and blu roll and the bomb roll. The pricing is around the norm for a sushi restaurant but nothing really stood out as phenomenal. Our server did bring us a complimentary dessert for our anniversary and apologized again. We we thought was very nice. The atmosphere was pleasant but I'm not sure it is worth a second visit.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank JL1026

“Not very tactful?”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I will start by saying the food at the restaurant is 5 bubble worthy. My boyfriend and I ordered several different items. The menu is unique and offers a variety of dishes other than sushi. We ordered kalbi (with kimchee), tonkotsu ramen, sushi and a side if Shari risotto. All of the food was delicious! They bring dishes out as they are finished, so the items will come out at varying times.

Each item is priced rather high. Expect about $8-$18 per menu item. The atmosphere is upscale and trendy.

The only reason why I give this place 3 bubbles is based off service. The server spent as little time with us as possible. No description of the specials or recommendations. We did come at 9:30, so I guess she may have been put off that we came so close to closing time. What confused me the most was the last call for kitchen items at 10:00PM. About 1/3rd of the way through our meal (before the sushi had made it's way to the table), the server had asked us if we were interested in any desserts because the kitchen was closing down. We declined her offer. If she had asked us AFTER we received our sushi (which was about 5 minutes later), and been a bit more apologetic (instead of making us feel as if we were inconveniencing the kitchen) we may have ordered a dessert. Seeing as how we were the last of the 3 tables in the restaurant, selling one dessert and possibly curbing the opinions of these potential future patrons, I do not think would be a big deal. Unless the entire dessert menu contained dishes that required multiple different components and a certain length of time to compose each dessert, then by all means continue to give last calls in the middle of your guests dining experience.

I would recommend visiting Dragonfly before 9:00PM. Which they probably would prefer anyway, so all the employees can get out at a decent time. Regardless of service, food was still great.

South Hadley
“Awesome”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Great sushi and drinks. Dragonfly was a real gem and a pleasant surprise. We will be back next time we return to Orlando..

Orlando, Florida
“Pricey, hard to find, unique menu”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I went there with a friend visiting from out of town. It has been highly rated for sushi but I chose some other items from the menu that were unique, Nice atmosphere, outdoor covered seating but an expensive menu. It is rather far from my house but I may return to try the sushi

Visited July 2014
Lakewood Ranch, Florida
“Top Notch”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Easily the best sushi I've ever had. Although prices are a little steep, you truly get what you pay for here. The Dragonfly roll is the best roll I've had. Order the crab rangoons. They aren't on the menu but your server might hook you up. Our daughters dined with us and had fried rice and chicken skewers and enjoyed them. The tempura fried ice cream is a must to finish the evening. I hope this restaurant starts adding locations on the west coast of Florida soon.