“Great Lunch”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 23 March 2011

Had wonderful food and excellent service.It was well worth the trip downtown.

1  Thank mwsyfl

Reviewed 23 February 2011

I picked up my friend at the Amtrak station once a while ago and noticed a few restaurants across the street. This is an area I've never been in despite having lived in this town for 25 damn years, just never had any reason to find myself in this neighborhood.

I like the feel of this little block, turns out there are 3 places to eat right next to each other. The name Jazzy Dog was the one that caught our eye so we put it on our list of stuff to try when we were hungry. That was many months ago, finally yesterday we went to try it.

Jazzy Dog serves a lot more than hot dogs

I just knew they would have Knishes, a lot of hot dog places do. I love Knishes. Jazzy Dog has a few different versions, with different toppings. I chose the one with cheddar cheese an sour cream on top. It was real tasty! I could eat one of these every day.

For my main course I got the Reuben sandwich, which is made with corned beef and sauerkraut if you didn't know. I often order Reubens if they are available, in fact I had one two days earlier in New Jersey. The problem with Reubens at some places is the bread gets too toasted and cuts up my mouth when I eat it. Also they are often stuffed too full of meat so it's hard to eat. Jazzy did it right though, enough meat to satisfy but not so thick and crusty that it hurt. It came with my two favorite sides, macaroni salad and coleslaw.

They have soda and unsweet tea on tap.

Lots of topping options for your hot dog, I mean lots! Ones I remember are Avocado spread, Blue Cheese slaw, but there are many more.

I went back another time for a event they had with dachshund races in the back, it was so fun. That visit I tried the super good Redneck Dog, it had bacon and chili on it, magnificent!

Go support a local business.

3  Thank cjr71244
Reviewed 23 February 2011

We have visited Jazzy Dog Cafe several times in the past year - my son loves hot dogs and we all love hot dogs from Jazzy Dog. They are fresh and the tasty. The bleu cheese slaw on the dog is awesome. I can eat one but my husband can eat two. They also have other items on the menu worth the try.

Great!

Reviewed 27 January 2011

Every now and then you get lucky and stumble onto a great little find. Such was the case on a recent trip to orlando when we arrived at the train station an hour & a half before our train was due to depart. Directly across from the station was a small strip of storefronts, 3 of which were restaurants. We chose the Jazzy Dog Cafe because frankly, they audaciously claimed to have the best burgers and hot dogs in town. Well - I don't know if they are right - I haven't tried every burger in Orlando, but I bet it would be hard to find better.
At first glance, this place is a little hole in the wall; its a small diner and I don't know if they can seat more than 30 people. But their menu is extensive, from 19 different hot dog recipes, to salads, burgers, sandwiches and even knishes. But what makes the Jazzy Dog so special is the feeling that you have been welcomed into someone's home. Proprietors Karen & Rick are quick to offer easy conversation, and as Rick says, "the food is cheap and the insults are free". Even if you aren't travelling by train or visiting one of the 3 hospitals nearby, I think any trip to Orlando would be enhanced by a visit to the Jazzy Dog Cafe. 1311 Sligh Blvd, directly across from the Amtrak Station.

1  Thank madrews
Reviewed 11 December 2010

I took the train from Jacksonville FL to Orlando to attend a convention. While I waited for my returning train, I ventured across the street from the Amtrak station to the Jazzy Dog Cafe.
I enjoyed my visit. They had a great menu with reasonable prices. Not only that, the service was swift. This was especially useful as I was waiting for my train.
Not only do I highly recommend this establishment, I will surely be returning when I am in Orlando again.